Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Turner Coates »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:20 pm The press is protected by the 1A, even for reporting misleading information with no evidence to back it up concerning the claims of anonymous spooks. They do it all the time.
The president will likely lose his cases against The New York Times, The Washington Post, and CNN. But he may inflict extraordinary damage nevertheless.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ts/607753/

Donald Trump’s reelection campaign is launching a legal war against the free press. In the past two weeks, while Americans worried about the coronavirus, the Trump campaign has sued The New York Times, The Washington Post, and CNN. These suits are, legally speaking, frivolous. They pose no danger in court, where they’re all but certain to fizzle and fail. But don’t let that disguise their import. Outside of court, these lawsuits are a real danger to democracy. They abuse the American justice system to attack and intimidate America’s journalists.

Each lawsuit alleges that a particular article defamed the Trump campaign by portraying it as in cahoots with Russia. The standards a plaintiff must meet to show defamation in these sorts of circumstances—when discussing a public figure’s role in an issue of public concern, such as Trump’s relationship to Russia—are very high. Relying on the First Amendment’s protection for speech, the Supreme Court held in 1964 that a public figure alleging defamation must prove, with clear and convincing evidence, that the defendant made a defamatory factual statement knowing it to be false or showing reckless disregard for the truth. In the half century since, meeting that standard has always been difficult —just as the Court intended, so that vigorous expression about such figures could flourish.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Turner Coates wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:12 pm
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:01 pm
Turner Coates wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm

I don't envision ANY.....at all.
What should he do?
1. Take his head out of his ass
2. Call a Rose Garden press conference
3. Resign
4. Try to hide
TenLenny would have ignored this, preferring to be thought a fucking clueless clownshoe instead of removing all doubt.
ImageImage
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Turner Coates wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:31 pm
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:20 pm The press is protected by the 1A, even for reporting misleading information with no evidence to back it up concerning the claims of anonymous spooks. They do it all the time.
The president will likely lose his cases against The New York Times, The Washington Post, and CNN. But he may inflict extraordinary damage nevertheless.

Donald Trump’s reelection campaign is launching a legal war against the free press. In the past two weeks, while Americans worried about the coronavirus, the Trump campaign has sued The New York Times, The Washington Post, and CNN. These suits are, legally speaking, frivolous. They pose no danger in court, where they’re all but certain to fizzle and fail. But don’t let that disguise their import. Outside of court, these lawsuits are a real danger to democracy. They abuse the American justice system to attack and intimidate America’s journalists.

Each lawsuit alleges that a particular article defamed the Trump campaign by portraying it as in cahoots with Russia. The standards a plaintiff must meet to show defamation in these sorts of circumstances—when discussing a public figure’s role in an issue of public concern, such as Trump’s relationship to Russia—are very high. Relying on the First Amendment’s protection for speech, the Supreme Court held in 1964 that a public figure alleging defamation must prove, with clear and convincing evidence, that the defendant made a defamatory factual statement knowing it to be false or showing reckless disregard for the truth. In the half century since, meeting that standard has always been difficult —just as the Court intended, so that vigorous expression about such figures could flourish.
Like I said, the press is protected by the 1A. He can sue them all he wants to. But whether he sues or not has no bearing on whether the claims made in the assessments are true or not. For example, let's say I make a claim that you sneak on horse farms in order to be penetrated by giant horse cocks. If you don't sue me, does that make the claim true? No. Intelligent people make decisions based on something called evidence. Truthers make decisions on the absence of the same as long as it aligns with their agenda.

You are a known Russia truther and have been for four years. Sorry.

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:39 pm You are a known Russia truther and have been for four years. Sorry.

TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Come on dude, we all know Trump is Putin's bitch.

His humping of the American flag is about as sincere as his bible waving. Pure bullshit.

And his people are siding with the Soviets in their denial, while calling US intelligence liars? WTF?

I guess he's really pissed because this story is not deflecting the country from the Covid 19 pandemic, that OTHER Trump fuck up.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

The Soviets?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

They'll always be Soviets to true American patriots.

They'll always be the "Ruskies" to me though.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:17 am The Soviets?
The Commie pinko bastards in Russia.
ImageImage
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I’ve always called them the miracle on ice.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:39 pm

Like I said, the press is protected by the 1A. He can sue them all he wants to. But whether he sues or not has no bearing on whether the claims made in the assessments are true or not. For example, let's say I make a claim that you sneak on horse farms in order to be penetrated by giant horse cocks. If you don't sue me, does that make the claim true? No. Intelligent people make decisions based on something called evidence. Truthers make decisions on the absence of the same as long as it aligns with their agenda.

This is a simple yes or no question.
Are you a trump supporter?
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:54 am Come on dude, we all know Trump is Putin's bitch.
Donald Trump has imposed more sanctions, continued to fund the bullshit "moderate" Syrian rebels contra Russia, and has signed off on overt military aid to The Ukraine, which our former President Barack Obama (rightly) refused to do. That sure seems like a strange way of acting like someone's bitch.

And his people are siding with the Soviets in their denial, while calling US intelligence liars? WTF?
Perhaps you haven't been keeping up historical events but the Soviet Union was dissolved in December of 1991. But don't feel bad about this kind of ignorance. Joy Reid, Harvard graduate and another Russia truther fanatic who gets paid a couple of million a year by MSNBC has called the current Russian regime "Soviets" and "Communists" multiple times over the past four years.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Metal Sludge wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 pm

No, as I have stated many times on this board. My primary focus in politics is anti-war and pro civil liberties. I am against 70 years of US warmongering, pillaging, torture, assassinations, rendition. I am against fearmongering and ratcheting up tensions with nuclear armed countries. I am against the bi-partisan, co-ideological elite consensus in Washington, the military, the media, think tanks, that support invading, bombing, sanctioning and destabilizing weaker countries. I am not a supporter of the US intelligence blob that thinks they can do whatever the hell they want to do with no consequences, to spy on American citizens, etc.

When you have first principles, then you react to every politician and every policy on its merits. Russia truthing vis-a-vis Donald Trump is a bankrupt exercise that is damaging this country and will continue to damage it long after this guy is out of office.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:12 pm
No, as I have stated many times on this board. My primary focus in politics is anti-war and pro civil liberties. I am against 70 years of US warmongering, pillaging, torture, assassinations, rendition. I am against fearmongering and ratcheting up tensions with nuclear armed countries.
So, you're into "friendly" relations.
Peace on you.

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Turner Coates wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:17 pm
No, as I have stated many times on this board. My primary focus in politics is anti-war and pro civil liberties. I am against 70 years of US warmongering, pillaging, torture, assassinations, rendition. I am against fearmongering and ratcheting up tensions with nuclear armed countries.
So, you're into "friendly" relations.
Peace on you.
I don't know what this means. Stick to posting animated gifs.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Metal Sludge wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 pm

No, as I have stated many times on this board. My primary focus in politics is anti-war and pro civil liberties. I am against 70 years of US warmongering, pillaging, torture, assassinations, rendition. I am against fearmongering and ratcheting up tensions with nuclear armed countries. I am against the bi-partisan, co-ideological elite consensus in Washington, the military, the media, think tanks, that support invading, bombing, sanctioning and destabilizing weaker countries. I am not a supporter of the US intelligence blob that thinks they can do whatever the hell they want to do with no consequences, to spy on American citizens, etc.

When you have first principles, then you react to every politician and every policy on its merits. Russia truthing vis-a-vis Donald Trump is a bankrupt exercise that is damaging this country and will continue to damage it long after this guy is out of office.
So, is that a long winded no?
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Next question, will you vote him out?
Again, a simple yes or no.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Metal Sludge wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 pm
So, is that a long winded no?
The No was definitive in the first sentence. I gave an explanation for why.
Next question, will you vote him out?
No, I will vote third party, exactly like I did in 2016. I haven't voted for a major party candidate for President since 2000 when I voted for Bush, which I regret.

I can give you a long winded explanation why I can't vote for Donald Trump. I can also give you an equally long winded explanation for why I can't vote for Joe Biden.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Looks like third party for me again this year, too. People think it's a wasted vote, but to me, voting my conscience is never really all that wasted. I hate Trump, but Biden inspires absolutely nothing in me. And hey, who knows? Jorgensen could, if nothing else, cause just enough of a split in votes to knock Trump out. We shall see...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:53 am Looks like third party for me again this year, too. People think it's a wasted vote, but to me, voting my conscience is never really all that wasted. I hate Trump, but Biden inspires absolutely nothing in me. And hey, who knows? Jorgensen could, if nothing else, cause just enough of a split in votes to knock Trump out. We shall see...
Voting third party gives the edge to Trump. Your vote will be a wasted vote.

I'll be voting for Biden. I don't like him. I hate all politicians. He is the best answer to rid this country of that fucking POS in office.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

risingfarce wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:35 pmVoting third party gives the edge to Trump. Your vote will be a wasted vote.
Sorry, but I can guarantee you that every Trumptard is saying the same thing and worrying about voting third party giving the edge to Biden. The two-party system is completely fucked up right now, so I can't see myself supporting either of them.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
zzzzzzz
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by zzzzzzz »

I don't know if the economy is doing good or we are being fooled into believing it is. I thought we had issues with China over trade, yet the stock market is on the rise again. Also, I thought folks weren't going back to work with the huge unemployment money, now 4 million more went back to work? I'm not voting, politics are too much a pain in the ass. :lol:
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

zzzzzzz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:21 pm I thought folks weren't going back to work with the huge unemployment money, now 4 million more went back to work?
That's June numbers. When the gun was jumped on getting back to normal. July numbers will be back in the shitter, probably worse than before.

It's been said before but retards don't seem to catch the drift: The virus is not on our timeline, we are on the virus's timeline. No amount of partisan conspiracy theory horseshit will change that.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

BTW, this is a notice to all Trumptards who insist on politicizing wearing masks in public places: "Virtue signaling" is so last week; you now have to accuse mask wearers of "moral narcissism". This is a new MAGA club mandate. It's incredibly stupid but hey, what's new?
ImageImage
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:17 pm
risingfarce wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:35 pmVoting third party gives the edge to Trump. Your vote will be a wasted vote.
Sorry, but I can guarantee you that every Trumptard is saying the same thing and worrying about voting third party giving the edge to Biden. The two-party system is completely fucked up right now, so I can't see myself supporting either of them.

I feel you. I lean left but am not a Democrat anymore. I quit after the Dems refused to contest the stolen Bush v. Gore election. Then years later I quit the Independent party when a trip to the website revealed to me that it was actually, or had become, more like the GOP. Luckily for me I live in a state where the Dems allow me to vote in its primaries as a No Party Preference voter.

I saw someone who has seemed to be left-leaning on Twitter tell people he'd give $100 to anyone who coughed in Trump's direction if within 25 feet or less at his Tulsa rally. And it's stuff like that that drove me out of the Democratic party. If right-leaners/Trump voters did that to anybody or even suggested it, there would be massive condemnation from the left. Being on the blue, seemingly more humane side of the political spectrum doesn't give anyone the right to dip into that kind of shitty behavior.

But I digress. I understand wanting to vote one's conscience, but if a third party candidate can't win, then we're stuck with the our current conscience-free federal government. I don't love Biden either, but I think he's the only option to restoring a national conscience, which supersedes my own feelings about the party.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:17 pm
The lesser of two evils is still evil. But, don't waste your vote. If you want the POS in office out then vote for the person who has the most potential to do just that.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Metal Sludge wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 pm Next question, will you vote him out?
Genuine question - why are you so invested in trying to box him in to reductive positions? Agree or disagree, but Buttnoid has been one of the most consistent political voices on the board. Either you haven't paid attention or you're irked that he doesn't fit neatly into pro-Trump / anti-Trump discourse.

Also, to all the Russian truthers - just because you close your eyes and wish real hard that Trump has ignored intelligence of bounties on US troops, it doesn't make it true. It's pathetic to see the number of people who practically wet themselves in anticipation of the latest innuendo to emerge from Russia. Grow up.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

New Darwinism event for Donnie! Get ready for the idiots at Mount Rushmore to spread the virus in tribute to their Supreme Clownshoe leader.

#Make America Sick Again
ImageImage
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

exitflagger wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:43 pm New Darwinism event for Donnie! Get ready for the idiots at Mount Rushmore to spread the virus in tribute to their Supreme Clownshoe leader.

#Make America Sick Again
It might be the last patriotic event at Mt. Rushmore. There are actually people debating on tearing it down out of respect to the Native Americans.