Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

User avatar
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26463
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Mojo »

There was a debate?
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
User avatar
Rorysfan
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 3015
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: A bottle of Guinness

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Rorysfan »

I think Biden could have been stronger with some answers, but he did somehow keep his cool during that farce. Would have loved to have seen him ask Trump to define Antifa. I know he doesn't have a clue.

Kept waiting for Wallace to stop things and have Melania come out and change Donnie's diaper.
Image
User avatar
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 13841
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Sleek »

exitflagger wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:07 pm Everything Trump is involved in turns to shit. This thing had no chance of being anything but what it was
I was commenting about this earlier to somebody...except my version is that under the weakling Trump, EVERY SINGLE THING IS AS SHITTY AS IT POSSIBLY CAN BE.

...like, you start thinking: "Well, it's just a debate, how gruelling could it be?" Then Trump shits all over it, and you're like: "Oh."

...EVERY SINGLE THING.

"Hey Trump, people are rioting in the streets, go say something"=shittiest response possible.

"Hey Trump, there's a pandemic. Organize a response"=shittiest response possible.
TenBenny wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:16 pm I think people who want to see Trump as strong and the winner tonight were already inclined to do so. But I think a lot of others will begin to see more in what Biden did tonight than may have been apparent on the surface at first.
My hope is that his base is feeling some of the fatigue with him that I am...like, Trump's shit doesn't even get me riled up anymore. I am so far beyond that I just find him tedious and boring. The novelty has passed.

At some point, they have to go from :"Woo hoo!" to: "yay, I guess?"
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!


Image
AnotherPerfectB*stard
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:51 am
Location: Sky high 6'000 miles away

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by AnotherPerfectB*stard »

Mojo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:35 pm There was a debate?
"That was a hot mess, inside a dumpster fire, inside a train wreck,”
Raise your can of beer on high
And seal your fate forever
Our best years have past us by
The golden age of leather
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 32361
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by TenBenny »

Sleek wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:00 pm My hope is that his base is feeling some of the fatigue with him that I am...like, Trump's shit doesn't even get me riled up anymore. I am so far beyond that I just find him tedious and boring. The novelty has passed.

At some point, they have to go from :"Woo hoo!" to: "yay, I guess?"

I sure hope so. I wondered how Biden's "Will you shut up, man?" was going to play, strong or "Oooh, lost his cool!", but then Wallace actually helped a bit by telling Trump towards the end of the debate that he had been exasperating all night. In that moment he became the surrogate for a lot of people and also stamped down that Trump had not followed the rules he agreed to. He essentially validated Biden's exasperation and allowed viewers to interpret Trump's performance as ridiculous.
User avatar
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 5573
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by SeniorGrande »

TenBenny wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:33 pm
Sleek wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:00 pm My hope is that his base is feeling some of the fatigue with him that I am...like, Trump's shit doesn't even get me riled up anymore. I am so far beyond that I just find him tedious and boring. The novelty has passed.

At some point, they have to go from :"Woo hoo!" to: "yay, I guess?"

I sure hope so. I wondered how Biden's "Will you shut up, man?" was going to play, strong or "Oooh, lost his cool!", but then Wallace actually helped a bit by telling Trump towards the end of the debate that he had been exasperating all night. In that moment he became the surrogate for a lot of people and also stamped down that Trump had not followed the rules he agreed to. He essentially validated Biden's exasperation and allowed viewers to interpret Trump's performance as ridiculous.
https://store.joebiden.com/will-you-shu ... k-t-shirt/

This went for sale BEFORE THE DEBATE WAS EVEN OVER :lol: :lol:
User avatar
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:49 pm

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

SeniorGrande wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:08 am
TenBenny wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:33 pm
Sleek wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:00 pm My hope is that his base is feeling some of the fatigue with him that I am...like, Trump's shit doesn't even get me riled up anymore. I am so far beyond that I just find him tedious and boring. The novelty has passed.

At some point, they have to go from :"Woo hoo!" to: "yay, I guess?"

I sure hope so. I wondered how Biden's "Will you shut up, man?" was going to play, strong or "Oooh, lost his cool!", but then Wallace actually helped a bit by telling Trump towards the end of the debate that he had been exasperating all night. In that moment he became the surrogate for a lot of people and also stamped down that Trump had not followed the rules he agreed to. He essentially validated Biden's exasperation and allowed viewers to interpret Trump's performance as ridiculous.
https://store.joebiden.com/will-you-shu ... k-t-shirt/

This went for sale BEFORE THE DEBATE WAS EVEN OVER :lol: :lol:
Because it’s highly predictable that trump, in any situation that he talks, is an out of control runaway train and it wasn’t going to be any different during the debate? Big conspiracy you found there Fox!
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
User avatar
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4117
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:06 am

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Kiss Crue »

It was a farce. Neither man could competently manage a McDonalds franchise. It was the latest indictment of the 2 party system and their related incompetence and corruption. The partisans from both sides should be embarrassed that they continue to support either party. The only thing an intelligent person not steeped in retarded partisanship could conclude is anyone who is proud to give either one of these losers their vote and allow either party to grow their powers is a goddamn moron.

I loved every minute of it and had to pause and jerk off 4 times.
User avatar
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26594
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by exitflagger »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:20 pm Twitter is blowing up about the Proud Boys thing.

The Proud Boys themselves are going nuts. The President just legitimized them. A neo-fascist white supremacist group!

When someone tells Joe Biden who they are, it could mean trouble in the next debate.
To be fair, Biden was the one who brought up their name. Trump did his usual thing of when he's cornered about racist shit he suddenly becomes completely unaware that it even exists. "What do you want me to call them?" When told the name he studiously avoids uttering it and then tells them to "stand by". Today his people (NOT him) are saying he "meant" to say stand down. He did not mean to say stand down or he would've said stand down.

You don't even have to listen very hard to hear the dog whistle anymore. It's more like a bullhorn.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
User avatar
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26463
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Mojo »

Okay, I'll be this dude: People are putting waaaay too much thought into the "stand by" thing. It was verbal diarrhea. Nothing more.

You can't have it both ways. We all know that this dude just spews out shit without thinking, and we comment on it all the time. But this, of course, was a 100%, pre-meditated call to arms to the army of insurgents he's been carefully culling together behind the scenes? No. The dude. just. rambles. Biden made a hundred verbal stumbles, many of which he didn't even bother to correct, and I'm hearing exactly nothing about them, but everyone wants to think that Donald Fucking Trump, in 1 out of a billion cases, didn't do the same here.

I don't know why people are so intent on crediting Donald Trump with far more intent and intelligence than he has ever shown himself to possess. We can point out, as I've said a thousand times, that the so-called leader of the free world shouldn't be allowed to just riff and that's 100% true - but he does. Stop trying to put meaning into any of it. There isn't any.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
User avatar
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26594
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by exitflagger »

You can lump all Trump's shit into stupidity but when it serves him, that's what he's hoping you'll do. He's done this before. It's the exact same thing as "good people on both sides". He knows if he overtly denounces racists he'll lose a huge percentage of his voter base.

You can see the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other. The angel says "Tell them stand down". The devil says "Say stand down and they'll stay home on November 3rd. Say stand back... wait no... stand BY. Yeah, say that!" He has NEVER said he disapproves of white supremacists. And he won't. You could waterboard him and he wouldn't denounce them.

When it comes to his voter base he's stupid but he's not dumb.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
User avatar
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters
Posts: 5396
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:39 pm
Location: Thousand days of yesterday

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by whammybar »

The debate was like sitting up all night listening to a bipolar person off their meds. You know you won't last another four years without it taking your sanity too.
User avatar
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 21520
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Mojo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:53 am Okay, I'll be this dude: People are putting waaaay too much thought into the "stand by" thing. It was verbal diarrhea. Nothing more.

You can't have it both ways. We all know that this dude just spews out shit without thinking, and we comment on it all the time. But this, of course, was a 100%, pre-meditated call to arms to the army of insurgents he's been carefully culling together behind the scenes? No. The dude. just. rambles. Biden made a hundred verbal stumbles, many of which he didn't even bother to correct, and I'm hearing exactly nothing about them, but everyone wants to think that Donald Fucking Trump, in 1 out of a billion cases, didn't do the same here.

I don't know why people are so intent on crediting Donald Trump with far more intent and intelligence than he has ever shown himself to possess. We can point out, as I've said a thousand times, that the so-called leader of the free world shouldn't be allowed to just riff and that's 100% true - but he does. Stop trying to put meaning into any of it. There isn't any.
If I asked you if you condemn white supremacy, would you find it as difficult to answer as Trump? It was a simple question and he struggled to answer it. He answered as he did because he was too stupid to weasel out convincingly. We're reading into it exactly what he wanted to do, his failure to pull it off notwithstanding.
ImageImage
Civil_war
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 5505
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:24 pm

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Civil_war »

Mojo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:53 am Okay, I'll be this dude: People are putting waaaay too much thought into the "stand by" thing. It was verbal diarrhea. Nothing more.

This.

Trump probably doesn't even know who the Proud Boys are. He asked Wallace to name him a white supremacist group. If we consider that Biden would not denounce antifa because they are an "idea," Trump too wanted a specific example of a group. It was Biden who said the Proud Boys first, followed by Wallace who initially had no example.

To think there is some nefarious plan in every single thing Trump says or does is conspiratorial and puts him on the level of Augustus.

Trump blew it last night because of his demeanor. What's incredible is, that in spite of that there was no clear winner.

Keep in mind, in the past, the majority of presidential candidates went to the same schools, they belonged to the same country clubs, etc...They were mostly made up of lawyers and were on debate teams in high school/college. That's why all the debates went as smoothly as they did.

I also didn't like the level of moderation. Let the two guys talk following a question. If they have to yell it at each other, so be it.

I was staunchly opposed to the idea of the debate being held on Joe Rogan, but I seriously think that would have worked better than what happened last night.
User avatar
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26463
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Mojo »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:30 am If I asked you if you condemn white supremacy, would you find it as difficult to answer as Trump? It was a simple question and he struggled to answer it. He answered as he did because he was too stupid to weasel out convincingly. We're reading into it exactly what he wanted to do, his failure to pull it off notwithstanding.
His refusal to reject White supremacy is absolutely an appeal to his voting base. No question. I don't contest that part at all. I specifically contest the "stand by" part. He always follows up whatever he's just said with a stream of unconscious verbal diarrhea, because he doesn't think before he speaks. I think he just followed up "stand back" with what he stupidly thought was synonymic.

The effect it has, in how it whips up the Proud Boys and their interpretation of what he says is another matter, and something that may prove that verbal diarrhea has consequences, but I don't think Trump actually meant what he said. Like everything else, it's hollow wording to appeal to idiots. He doesn't actual mean it.
Last edited by Mojo on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
User avatar
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26594
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by exitflagger »

Civil_war wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:36 am Trump probably doesn't even know who the Proud Boys are.
Bullshit. If somebody supports him he knows who they are. He lives for idiots to give him thumbs up.

There are definitely things Trump has no clue about that a competent president should know about. Taking stock of who is and is not licking his nuts is not one of them. It's his main preoccupation.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
User avatar
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26463
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Mojo »

exitflagger wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:06 am There are definitely things Trump has no clue about that a competent president should know about. Taking stock of who is and is not licking his nuts is not one of them. It's his main preoccupation.
He absolutely knows who they are. I just don't think "stand by" was any sort of order.

It's like when Biden said that Trump doesn't know how to shut the fuck up, and Trump immediately said "you'd be surprised." Verbal diarrhea, pure and simple. No meaning, whatsoever. He didn't stop and think of all the reasons and examples for why he's great at shutting up. He just spewed words.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
User avatar
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 42771
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 am
Location: Is Everything

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Turner Coates »

exitflagger wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:06 am
Civil_war wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:36 am Trump probably doesn't even know who the Proud Boys are.
Bullshit. If somebody supports him he knows who they are. He lives for idiots to give him thumbs up.
Dumbass son, Don Jr. clues his daddy in on such things. It's probably a good conversation starter.
Image

"There's gonna be a civil war!"
"Really? When?"
"Lemme check my phone."
User avatar
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26594
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by exitflagger »

Mojo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 am I think he just followed up "stand down" with what he stupidly thought was synonymic.
He didn't say "stand down". Like I said, he knew that was the right thing to say but he couldn't say it. He danced around it and ultimately settled on wording that essentially means "Get ready to wreak havoc when I lose on election night". He wants their support.

Just try holding your breath till corrects himself. He will not.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
User avatar
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26463
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Mojo »

exitflagger wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:13 am
Mojo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 am I think he just followed up "stand down" with what he stupidly thought was synonymic.
He didn't say "stand down". Like I said, he knew that was the right thing to say but he couldn't say it. He danced around it and ultimately settled on wording that essentially means "Get ready to wreak havoc when I lose on election night". He wants their support.

Just try holding your breath till corrects himself. He will not.
"Stand back." Excuse me.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
User avatar
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 42771
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 am
Location: Is Everything

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Turner Coates »

Donald Trump Jr. said his father was "more than happy" to condemn the Proud Boys in a Tuesday night interview with CBS News.

"I don't know if that was a misspeak, but he was talking about having them stand down," Trump Jr. said of the president's "stand by" comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/reacti ... ial-debate

Image
Image

"There's gonna be a civil war!"
"Really? When?"
"Lemme check my phone."
User avatar
Stoner
Queen Bee
Posts: 7766
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm
Location: Inagaddadavida

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Stoner »

Man, I'm so glad all of the Democratic candidates kissed Obama's ring and dropped out of the race to coalesce around the candidate who hadn't won a single fucking delegate so we could be treated to that tremendous performance last night.

My God, we are so fucked no matter what.

User avatar
cowpins
Platinum Artist
Posts: 10498
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by cowpins »

co·a·lesce
/ˌkōəˈles/

verb
1. come together to form one mass or whole: "the puddles had coalesced into shallow streams"

Image
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
User avatar
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 13841
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Sleek »

Mojo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:53 am Okay, I'll be this dude: People are putting waaaay too much thought into the "stand by" thing. It was verbal diarrhea. Nothing more.
Yeahhh...buttt.....

This reminds of an old joke about having Freudian slips..."I meant to say to my mother-in-law "Could you please pass the potatoes?" But instead I said "You stupid cow, you have ruined my life."
Turner Coates wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:22 am Donald Trump Jr. said his father was "more than happy" to condemn the Proud Boys in a Tuesday night interview with CBS News.

"I don't know if that was a misspeak, but he was talking about having them stand down," Trump Jr. said of the president's "stand by" comment.
Yeahhhh...buttt...

"Stand down" is not a repudiation. "Fuck those little Nazi shits" is a repudiation.

Even f the weakling Trump misspoke, the intent of his sentence was not what it was supposed to be.

As usual, he's fanned the flames of division even more.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!


Image
User avatar
Stoner
Queen Bee
Posts: 7766
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm
Location: Inagaddadavida

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Stoner »

Not sure wtf you're getting at here, but I feel like I'm walking away from this post knowing less.
cowpins wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am co·a·lesce
/ˌkōəˈles/

verb
1. come together to form one mass or whole: "the puddles had coalesced into shallow streams"

Image
User avatar
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 42771
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 am
Location: Is Everything

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Turner Coates »

I heard an off the wall analogy/joke on TV last night after the debate.
Someone walks into a newly reopened restaurant and asks the waiter for a menu. The waiter says, "I'm sorry, but due to complications because of the virus, we are only offering two selections, rat poison and tuna casserole."
The customer thinks for a minute and then says, "Well ya know, I'm NOT really that fond of tuna....."
Image

"There's gonna be a civil war!"
"Really? When?"
"Lemme check my phone."
User avatar
Stoner
Queen Bee
Posts: 7766
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm
Location: Inagaddadavida

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Stoner »

Imagine likening the desperate need for healthcare, a living wage, and an inhabitable planet to a fucking meal choice.

Shit like that is why people hate liberals.
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 32361
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by TenBenny »

Civil_war wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:36 am
Mojo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:53 am Okay, I'll be this dude: People are putting waaaay too much thought into the "stand by" thing. It was verbal diarrhea. Nothing more.

This.

Trump probably doesn't even know who the Proud Boys are. He asked Wallace to name him a white supremacist group. If we consider that Biden would not denounce antifa because they are an "idea," Trump too wanted a specific example of a group. It was Biden who said the Proud Boys first, followed by Wallace who initially had no example.

To think there is some nefarious plan in every single thing Trump says or does is conspiratorial and puts him on the level of Augustus.

Trump blew it last night because of his demeanor. What's incredible is, that in spite of that there was no clear winner.

Keep in mind, in the past, the majority of presidential candidates went to the same schools, they belonged to the same country clubs, etc...They were mostly made up of lawyers and were on debate teams in high school/college. That's why all the debates went as smoothly as they did.

I also didn't like the level of moderation. Let the two guys talk following a question. If they have to yell it at each other, so be it.

I was staunchly opposed to the idea of the debate being held on Joe Rogan, but I seriously think that would have worked better than what happened last night.

I agree, there was no winner necessarily. Trump didn't win and Biden didn't lose. I think by the end Biden had actually held his own and came off better simply by staying calm, sticking to the issues and not engaging Trump's game. The only time he got really upset is when Trump went after his sons, but he responded in exactly the right way.

Trump seemed to think trying to dominate by speaking at all times would make him look like a winner but he severely miscalculated. He kinda did himself in there. Even Wallace was like, "What the fuck, dude?"
User avatar
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 21520
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Mojo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 am
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:30 am If I asked you if you condemn white supremacy, would you find it as difficult to answer as Trump? It was a simple question and he struggled to answer it. He answered as he did because he was too stupid to weasel out convincingly. We're reading into it exactly what he wanted to do, his failure to pull it off notwithstanding.
His refusal to reject White supremacy is absolutely an appeal to his voting base. No question. I don't contest that part at all. I specifically contest the "stand by" part. He always follows up whatever he's just said with a stream of unconscious verbal diarrhea, because he doesn't think before he speaks. I think he just followed up "stand back" with what he stupidly thought was synonymic.

The effect it has, in how it whips up the Proud Boys and their interpretation of what he says is another matter, and something that may prove that verbal diarrhea has consequences, but I don't think Trump actually meant what he said. Like everything else, it's hollow wording to appeal to idiots. He doesn't actual mean it.
He means it. He's just too tone deaf to distinguish between a dog whistle and a rape whistle.
ImageImage
User avatar
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters
Posts: 5396
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:39 pm
Location: Thousand days of yesterday

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by whammybar »

Post Reply