Bianca
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Bianca »

ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

“A major contributor to a group backing President Trump’s fight to overturn the presidential election sued to recover $2.5 million in donations after the campaign failed in several court cases and was unable to prove any fraud,” the HuffPost reports.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

ijwthstd wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:21 pm “A major contributor to a group backing President Trump’s fight to overturn the presidential election sued to recover $2.5 million in donations after the campaign failed in several court cases and was unable to prove any fraud,” the HuffPost reports.

I caught this little nugget yesterday. A fool and his money are soon parted.
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

It looks like Trump and the DOJ are trying to bring firing squads and the electric chair back. The DOJ is quietly amending its execution protocols, clearing the way for States to use other methods like firing squads, electrocution and poison gas. Could the guillotine make a come back.

Firing squads, poison gas could be allowed for US executions under Justice Department's new rule

https://6abc.com/politics/new-rule-coul ... s/8310908/
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

No lynching? Don't do your base like that!
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

The major news outlets should give him around ten seconds of coverage per day at this point. It's time to move on and stop letting an insane twat pull their puppet strings. Let him dominate coverage over at Newsmax or whatever the hell they're called.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

That interview with Bartiromo was a new low and that is saying something this election cycle.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/joe-bide ... 15707.html

Trump now Insists Biden Must 'Prove' He Won 80 Million Votes To Enter The White House.

Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous “80,000,000 votes” were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. When you see what happened in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia & Milwaukee, massive voter fraud, he’s got a big unsolvable problem! Trump tweeted Friday.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

wildside1969 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:43 pm Trump now Insists Biden Must 'Prove' He Won
Because of Trumpty Dumpty, I guess we'll have to change the old saying to "Insist in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first".
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

exitflagger wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:39 pm
wildside1969 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:43 pm Trump now Insists Biden Must 'Prove' He Won
Because of Trumpty Dumpty, I guess we'll have to change the old saying to "Insist in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first".
Cool. Trump needs to "prove" he didnt commit any crimes while in office.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

Wisconsin recount adds 87 votes to Biden’s victory over Trump
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 63572.html
The Trump campaign, which requested the recount, spent $3m to fund it, per state rules. The recount actually added 87 more votes to Mr Biden’s lead than was initially reported.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I can't read the full article as I am not an NYTimes subscriber but as someone who binged on WWI Week By Week on YouTube recently this is a very salient point:

Jochen Bittner: “One hundred years ago, amid the implosions of Imperial Germany, powerful conservatives who led the country into war refused to accept that they had lost. Their denial gave birth to arguably the most potent and disastrous political lie of the 20th century — the Dolchstosslegende, or stab-in-the-back myth.”

“Its core claim was that Imperial Germany never lost World War I. Defeat, its proponents said, was declared but not warranted. It was a conspiracy, a con, a capitulation — a grave betrayal that forever stained the nation. That the claim was palpably false didn’t matter. Among a sizable number of Germans, it stirred resentment, humiliation and anger. And the one figure who knew best how to exploit their frustration was Adolf Hitler.”

Also can't recommend the Between 2 Wars series by TimeGhostHistory on YouTube enough which explains how WW1 led to WW2 (some of us say they are the same war, the principals just needed time to breed more cannon fodder.)
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

It always comes back to Hitler and the Nazis with Donald Trump. On the surface it's easy to dismiss because over the decades since WW2 there have been countless comparisons to Hitler, so many that a term had to be coined for it (Godwin's Law), and the tendency to do that so often leads to a 'boy who cried wolf' situation.

The thing with Trump is, he's too stupid and deluded to even recognize his own fascistic leanings and as with everything, his supporters perfectly mirror that. And you can poopoo the notion all you want but the comparisons are there. It's encouraging that the election showed that the country sees it too but I think from now on this is something we will have to be hyper-vigilant about because over the course of our history that genie never got out of the bottle before. It's actually pretty amazing that we've gone two and a half centuries without something like this happening.

As I've said, and I've now seen it repeated by certain pundits, we're lucky Trump is as inept as he is at what he's been attempting to do. If we ever get the same assault on democracy from somebody who's not as obvious and bumbling as him, we could be in big trouble. Trump is not the first sociopath ever (nor Hitler for that matter) and he certainly won't be the last.
ImageImage
whammybar

Post by whammybar »

exitflagger wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am It always comes back to Hitler and the Nazis with Donald Trump. On the surface it's easy to dismiss because over the decades since WW2 there have been countless comparisons to Hitler, so many that a term had to be coined for it (Godwin's Law), and the tendency to do that so often leads to a 'boy who cried wolf' situation.

The thing with Trump is, he's too stupid and deluded to even recognize his own fascistic leanings and as with everything, his supporters perfectly mirror that. And you can poopoo the notion all you want but the comparisons are there. It's encouraging that the election showed that the country sees it too but I think from now on this is something we will have to be hyper-vigilant about because over the course of our history that genie never got out of the bottle before. It's actually pretty amazing that we've gone two and a half centuries without something like this happening.

As I've said, and I've now seen it repeated by certain pundits, we're lucky Trump is as inept as he is at what he's been attempting to do. If we ever get the same assault on democracy from somebody who's not as obvious and bumbling as him, we could be in big trouble. Trump is not the first sociopath ever (nor Hitler for that matter) and he certainly won't be the last.

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/is ... ext-trump/

Is Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton the next Trump?

Amidst a public health catastrophe that’s already taken 150,000 lives in this country and a national anti-racist uprising which has mobilized millions, the extreme right is methodically planning its next steps, ensuring its political survival no matter the outcome of the November 3rd elections. Whether or not Trump prevails and wins a second term, the Republican Party is preparing for a future after him. And in Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, it’s possible they might have found their next frontman.

Cotton has earned widespread condemnation from the liberal media, Black leaders, and left commentators in recent weeks thanks to his back-to-back provocative attacks on Black Lives Matter demonstrators and the reporters and scholars behind the New York Times’ 1619 Project. Unless you’re a Washington watcher, Cotton might be someone who’s passed under your radar. But now that he’s put himself front and center in the so-called “culture wars,” he deserves some fresh scrutiny.

When protesters demanded an end to systemic racism and police violence in June, Cotton urged Trump to show BLM no mercy; he said to “Send in the Troops” in a controversial NYT op-ed. After that, Cotton picked a fight with Nikole Hannah-Jones, the Times journalist who jumpstarted a national conversation around the central role that slavery and its legacy played in the founding of the United States and its subsequent history.

Almost as if his only goal was to poke at his ideological opponents and rile up the GOP’s racist base, Cotton filed a bill that would ban federal funding for any educational curriculum that drew on the Pulitzer Prize-winning materials of the 1619 Project. Talking to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette about his bill earlier this week, Cotton said doing more to integrate slavery and the oppression of Black Americans into school history classes is “left-wing propaganda” and “revisionist history at its worst.”

The comment that critics believe really showed Cotton’s true colors, however, was when he called slavery “the necessary evil upon which the union was built.” Generations of untold human suffering was apparently the price to pay to build “the greatest and noblest country in the history of mankind.” It’s the same nationalist and racist ideology constantly pushed by Trump, but from a politer and more articulate spokesman.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Right. Anybody who looks at Trump and figures well, we got rid of him and now things will get back to the way they were pre-2016... that notion is kidding yourself. The 2016 election will eventually be seen as one of the biggest mistakes this country has ever made, not because we happened to vote the wrong guy in, but because we allowed the "wrong guy" to do a rough draft of an American dictatorship. I'm sure there have been tons of people who've had visions of converting the US into an autocracy but this is the first time we let it get past the "getting laughed out of the room" stage. The fact that he's STILL not getting universally laughed out of the room is an extremely bad omen.

He has simply shown upcoming despot-wannabes that it can be done. That may be the worst of his long list of affronts.
ImageImage
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

exitflagger wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am It always comes back to Hitler and the Nazis with Donald Trump. On the surface it's easy to dismiss because over the decades since WW2 there have been countless comparisons to Hitler, s
One thing I will say was that uncle Adolf there had the MUCH better cabinet...if Trump had really gotten the best people, people who were capable and ruthless like Himmler, Göring, Goebbles, Speer, von Ribbentrop, Röhm etc, instead of his endless list of incompetent rats-looking-to-leap-off-the-ship-at-the-first-sign-of-water, things would have been very different.

...and say whatever about Dolf, the man was not the indecisive pussy that Trump is.

Imagine Hitler dealing with covid. There would have been an across-the-board travel ban and a shoot-on-sight stay at home order in the first week, followed by a vaccine (developed under questionable circumstances) a month later :lol:
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Sleek wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:50 pm if Trump had really gotten the best people,
That's our only ray of hope here. The fact that Trump couldn't round up competent like-minded people tells you that at least at this point "the best and brightest" among us still support democracy for the most part.

I see the country four years ago like we were a once-fit and slim person who had let themselves go and we were 300 pounds, laying on the couch eating chips and smoking cigarettes. Trump was our heart attack that we had as a result of that laziness. Luckily we didn't die and now it's going to take work but we have to get back in shape.
ImageImage
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Let's not forget the (not entirely proven) Businessmen's Coup of the 1930's where Wall Street wanted to overthrow FDR as well as the significant support Hitler had in the U.S. prior to WWII. The Democratic process is not something that is always widely respected in this country to begin with.
Last edited by ijwthstd on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Sleek wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:50 pm
exitflagger wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am It always comes back to Hitler and the Nazis with Donald Trump. On the surface it's easy to dismiss because over the decades since WW2 there have been countless comparisons to Hitler, s
One thing I will say was that uncle Adolf there had the MUCH better cabinet...if Trump had really gotten the best people, people who were capable and ruthless like Himmler, Göring, Goebbles, Speer, von Ribbentrop, Röhm etc, instead of his endless list of incompetent rats-looking-to-leap-off-the-ship-at-the-first-sign-of-water, things would have been very different.

...and say whatever about Dolf, the man was not the indecisive pussy that Trump is.

Imagine Hitler dealing with covid. There would have been an across-the-board travel ban and a shoot-on-sight stay at home order in the first week, followed by a vaccine (developed under questionable circumstances) a month later :lol:
I thought Goring was known to be fat, lazy, drug-addled, and had a misguided faith in the Luftwaffe that aided the Nazi downfall.

Also, they werent rats leaving a sinking ship types, but they were all fanatically vying for position, willing to backstab the others, etc.

Which is to say they were ruthless n shizz. None of them were looking to parlay 5 months of service into a pundit job or to be on Dancing with das Berühmt
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Insane Clown Potsie
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Insane Clown Potsie »

There was no legislative hearing today in AZ. A bunch of Republicans got together for a circle jerk at the Hyatt Regency to try and find a away to change the results of the election.
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

One moron gone, a month and a half until the rest are gone.

Dr. Scott Atlas resigns from Trump administration
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/30/politics ... index.html
whammybar

Post by whammybar »

From Reddit r/politics:

I am convinced that Trumps last spiteful plan is to get COVID worse than ever in America so Biden has to do a shut down.

200,000+ cases a day, back to 2,000+ a dead.

As your neighbors here in Canada we worry about you guys and just wish you all the best. I can't believe how many truly terrible people are in the political spectrum down there. Just absolutely no care for their own nation and people, it's disgusting and I say that as a prairie conservative.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Americans are choosing death over deprivation
https://theweek.com/articles/952443/ame ... eprivation

"This past week, millions of Americans joined together in total defiance of all public health advice for another round of infecting and killing their loved ones, while ensuring that the nation's medical professionals will face several more months of risky, grueling, emotionally draining labor trying to keep a country full of heedless jerks and credulous conspiracy-mongers alive.

Many doctors, nurses, and hospital staff are increasingly hopeless and disillusioned. Gone are the 7'oclock cheers and "Thank you essential workers" signs in every window. That fleeting solidarity has been replaced by a cold, selfish indifference to the staggering and seemingly pointless sacrifices these heroic workers continue to make on our behalf. And many of them are wondering how much longer they can keep it up."

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I saw a picture of a Doctor who has worked 252 straight days in his ICU. The physical and mental toll this is taking on front line workers is staggering.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Turner Coates wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:26 pm Americans are choosing death over deprivation
https://theweek.com/articles/952443/ame ... eprivation

"This past week, millions of Americans joined together in total defiance of all public health advice for another round of infecting and killing their loved ones, while ensuring that the nation's medical professionals will face several more months of risky, grueling, emotionally draining labor trying to keep a country full of heedless jerks and credulous conspiracy-mongers alive.

Many doctors, nurses, and hospital staff are increasingly hopeless and disillusioned. Gone are the 7'oclock cheers and "Thank you essential workers" signs in every window. That fleeting solidarity has been replaced by a cold, selfish indifference to the staggering and seemingly pointless sacrifices these heroic workers continue to make on our behalf. And many of them are wondering how much longer they can keep it up."
"It is truly hard to believe that the millions of people who are too weak-willed to go a year without sitting down for a meal inside a restaurant are the descendants of the brave men and women who fought and won World War II with five years of painful sacrifices and solidarity."

Damn
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

A witness in Sidney Powell’s new Michigan lawsuit challenging President Trump’s loss in the state says in a declaration he thinks there’s something fishy about election returns in Edison County, Michigan.

Bridge Michigan notes one problem: There is no Edison County in Michigan.