A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by exitflagger »

Luminiferous wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 pm
exitflagger wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:52 am
Luminiferous wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:42 am Also if Drumpf is impeached, resigns or is removed from office, this country gets Pence to finish his tenure..... Think about that.
This scenario never bothers me. As I've said before and should be very obvious at this point, Trump is THE absolute worst choice we ever could have made for president. I welcome any reasonable example of a competitor for that distinction but Pence isn't even in the ballpark. He essentially SLEPT through the televised shutdown debate with Schumer and Pelosi. He carries the authoritative weight of a popcorn fart. If he happens to assume auto-pilot helm for the last 6 months of this nightmare term (probably less, given the bureaucratic timeline of an impeachment), I'm pretty sure we could ride that one out.

In fact there's an upside: Trump's base doesn't even know he exists, he would have zero support and he would get trounced worse than Mondale '84 if he (improbably) ran in 2020.
See it does bother me because it was adding Pence as VP that got the evangelicals onboard with Drumpf for president, without his faux Christian bullshit I do not believe Drumpf would have fared as well as with someone like Huckabee, Gingrich or Christie or some other GOP candidate as his vp, he would have still beat Hillary, but I'm not sure it would have been by as large of a margin..
Many believe after Drumpf, there will be 8 years of Pence, but I don't believe all of the Republicans who voted for Drumpf are that on board with Pence at the helm, Republican or not...

Also Pence is a far right wing over the top "Christian" who I want no where near the opportunity to issue executive decisions.. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with religions, live and let live, live your life the way you choose that makes you happy, BUT do not force your bullshit beliefs on me or my country's laws because you choose to believe some old book written by 44 different Middle Eastern men over 500 years over 2000 years ago in Mesopotamia overrides the US Constitution..
You feel your way and I feel my way but obviously we are on the same general page. Yes, Pence would be a ridiculously awful president. My point is he is the emptiest suit in the room at all times. He doesn't have the bluster, stubbornness or arrogance of Trump and that's where most of our problems stem from with this administration. Are his philosophies idiotic? Of course they are. But he simply doesn't have the balls to try to strong-arm any of it through like Trump does.

I get your point though.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Coulter is absolutely giving it to Trump and Newt today. :D :D :D

"Poor Newt. At least Rudy got a job."

"RIDDLE OF THE DAY: How do you break Newt Gingrich’s nose? (ANSWER: Kick Donald Trump in the ass.)"

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

cowpins wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:00 am Coulter is absolutely giving it to Trump and Newt today. :D :D :D

"Poor Newt. At least Rudy got a job."

"RIDDLE OF THE DAY: How do you break Newt Gingrich’s nose? (ANSWER: Kick Donald Trump in the ass.)"

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter
The hatefucking she and Bill Maher had over the weekend must have really rejuvenated her.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Coulter is a maniac but to her credit, she was at least wall-obsessed the previous two years when nobody seemed terribly interested in building it.

And now she has the stones to admit she was conned. How she didn't see that coming a mile away from the world's biggest con man, who can say.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Luminiferous wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 pm Also Pence is a far right wing over the top "Christian" who I want no where near the opportunity to issue executive decisions.. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with religions, live and let live, live your life the way you choose that makes you happy, BUT do not force your bullshit beliefs on me or my country's laws
BTW, did you see that Trump wants bible classes as a requisite in public schools? Now that's Donnie boy, not Pence.

And not to belabor the issue but a big part of why I feel Trump is far more insideous than Pence on religious politics is that it seems (for better or worse) that Pence actually believes in his faith. That he was probably raised in a highly religious atmosphere and that can explain his motivations. Trump does stuff like this STRICTLY TO PANDER to the religious right. He doesn't have a single religious bone in his body. He wants the bible taught in schools; I guarantee you he has zero knowledge of the bible. Doesn't give a fuck either. But he'll let preachers lay hands on him in the oval office for a photo op. That's amazingly disgusting to me.
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Pence doesn't worry me, especially at this point. He's an unbuttered bowl of Cream of Wheat. Mr. Milquetoast has done absolutely zero plus zero to make his voice heard on anything other than staging NFL walkouts. He's about as attention-grabbing as drying beige paint. He was chosen specifically because he's a nobody with the gravitas of an almond and poses absolutely no risk of even being noticed next to Trump, let alone upstaging him. He's a non-person. If he does become President, he won't have time to do much. Anything he DOES want to do will probably be shot down in Congress.
As for being elected, should he run, fat chance. Republicans don't vote for real politicians, and especially not those who have zero personality.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Mojo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:26 am Pence doesn't worry me, especially at this point. He's an unbuttered bowl of Cream of Wheat. Mr. Milquetoast has done absolutely zero plus zero to make his voice heard on anything other than staging NFL walkouts. He's about as attention-grabbing as drying beige paint. He was chosen specifically because he's a nobody with the gravitas of an almond and poses absolutely no risk of even being noticed next to Trump, let alone upstaging him. He's a non-person. If he does become President, he won't have time to do much. Anything he DOES want to do will probably be shot down in Congress.
As for being elected, should he run, fat chance. Republicans don't vote for real politicians, and especially not those who have zero personality.
Who are you referring to again? Oh wait, point taken.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

exitflagger wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:51 am
Luminiferous wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 pm Also Pence is a far right wing over the top "Christian" who I want no where near the opportunity to issue executive decisions.. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with religions, live and let live, live your life the way you choose that makes you happy, BUT do not force your bullshit beliefs on me or my country's laws
BTW, did you see that Trump wants bible classes as a requisite in public schools? Now that's Donnie boy, not Pence.
None of that surprises me since I have no faith in Drumpf having a clue what the Constitution contains outside the 2nd Amendment...
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

At least he's transparent. You can see right through everything he says.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

This Venezuela business is getting more disgusting every day. How dare these shitheels summon "democracy" while sanctioning a foreign government by freezing their only significant means of income? This is literally starving the population into voting for the guy who's gonna do favorable business with the US, blackmailing a sovereign country into ditching their president. Maduro may be bad, but this is imperialism in its purest form and against international law.

Who were the Trumpists again cheering him for ending the cold war economy, overcoming ideology to ease the terrible economic strain on the Russian population? Do with your voters whatever you want but at least keep the shitty decisions at home.

Bolton now publicly threatening to send "5000 troops to Colombia". Oh, but Obombya went to Libya.

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Steve Bannon on working for Trump: I did 'the Lord's work'
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23657037/

Steve Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, has described his time with the Trump administration as doing “the Lord’s work.”

He makes that comment in a documentary called, “The Brink,” which is about Bannon’s life since his August 2017 departure from the White House.

According to USA Today, he says: “There’s no glamour to the job. I hated every second I was there. The West Wing has bad karma to it. They say, ‘Because you were doing bad stuff!’ But I was doing the Lord’s work.”

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

I can't even begin to imagine the number of documentaries that will come out after the Trump administration is finally flushed down the shitter for good. There will probably be one for every fired aide, every spokesperson, every intern, every housekeeper, etc. It will be it's own cottage industry.

And dotted throughout there will be the obligatory "alternate facts" docs by people like Fox News and InfoWars and Breitbart when they feel the consensus is a little too overwhelming not to float a few baskets full of rose-colored lies.
ImageImage
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

January 25, 2019 the Salt Lake Tribune published this article:

Longest shutdown over: Trump signs bill to reopen government

So far there have been about 150 comments made by SL Tribune readers; this comment is one of the best I have seen so far:

"Trump's approach to governing seems to be, essentially:

1) Take a dump on the carpet
2) Complain loudly that there is a turd on the carpet
3) Blame the turd on everyone but him
4) Demand someone else clean up the turd
5) Smear the turd around
6) Say he cleaned up the turd better than anyone else could have
7) Declare victory

And somehow, 35% of the country still thinks he's great because Obama never took a dump on the carpet."

Credit for this great comment goes to George Romero of Salt Lake City, Utah

Also a ratings poke at Hannity and Fox. Kind of leaves out that Fox's ratings drop is more likely due to the growing viewership of OAN and the occasional right wing talk shows on Newsmax than from viewers tuning in to Maddow instead of Hannity.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1 ... n=trending
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

According to Maddow last night, Russia and China now have access to various American power grids and could shut them down at will. That they don't is basically, as she put it, "by their good graces." Scary to think about.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

TenBenny wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 am According to Maddow last night, Russia and China now have access to various American power grids and could shut them down at will. That they don't is basically, as she put it, "by their good graces." Scary to think about.
:lol:

The claim that "Russia and China now have access to various American power grids and could shut them down at will" is fucking bonkers with zero evidence to support the claim. Maddow is being mercilessly mocked by both left and right on twitter for that segment. She's gone full on Infowars and it isn't shocking that complete dumbasses like you believe this garbage.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

TenBenny wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 am According to Maddow last night, Russia and China now have access to various American power grids and could shut them down at will. That they don't is basically, as she put it, "by their good graces." Scary to think about.
If they do, that they don't is because they're similarly vulnerable.
ImageImage
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Trump keeps wasting breath with this wall business. He's not going to get any money for it, period. It's perfect fodder for whoever runs against him.

There are certainly more pressing issues for people who know better. Like the thousands of immigrant kids snatched from their parents. These are serious human rights violations here and they've been buried under the weight of constant media stories about a hundred other administration fiascos. In an ideal world, Trump, Nielsen, Miller, anyone that had a hand in it or designed the situation, would be brought up on charges.
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Kiss Crue »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:57 am
Who were the Trumpists again cheering him for ending the cold war economy, overcoming ideology to ease the terrible economic strain on the Russian population? Do with your voters whatever you want but at least keep the shitty decisions at home.

Bolton now publicly threatening to send "5000 troops to Colombia". Oh, but Obombya went to Libya.

And...why can't all those things be true at the same time? Is it because you see the world in good vs evil terms like an 8 year old child?

The US state fucking with Venezuela for their oil doesn't make the economic war against 120 million civilians in Russia any less wrong.

Nor does it make Obama illegally bombing 7 different countries including Libya during his reign any less wrong.

Whether you're discussing whatever sick and depraved moves both parties have made while in power, you should hold close the knowledge that these things aren't motivated by stated party policy, but, rather, they are motivated by unstated intelligence/miltary policy.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

ImageImage
AnotherPerfectB*stard
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AnotherPerfectB*stard »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:31 pm
If they do, that they don't is because they're similarly vulnerable.
panic-mongering.
A mono-culture would be needed to perform a successful DoS or Takeover of the power grid.
The US power grid is operated by over 500 companies, using a diverse array of systems, some COTS, most commercial applications but also a lot of proprietary shit.
The most famous cyber attack was the "Israeli financed" attack on a SPECIFIC Iranian Nuclear plant.
The complexity, knowledge and time needed to plan and carryout the attack was tremendous and costly - at the time Stuxnet was estimated to have cost around 100MUSD to develop.
Using a couple of carbon filament graphite bombs do a much better (and cheaper) job of denying infrastructure.
Raise your can of beer on high
And seal your fate forever
Our best years have past us by
The golden age of leather
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Trump Wants Ronny Jackson Named His Chief Doctor Just Before Medical Exam
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trum ... xamination

President Donald Trump has tapped his former VA Secretary nominee Ronny Jackson to be promoted to a two-star admiral and named his chief medical adviser, despite an ongoing Pentagon investigation into allegations against Jackson.

Relatedly, Trump’s medical examination is slated for Friday. Jackson performed last year’s and gave the President a glowing report, despite Trump’s well-documented affinity for junk food.

Don't be surprised to hear (again) that Spanky is the fittest, healthiest US president in history...and definitely NOT obese.

milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Trump inaugural committee subpoenaed

(CNN) — Federal prosecutors in New York have subpoenaed the Trump inaugural committee for documents related to donors, vendors and finances, according to a source familiar with the outreach.
The wide-ranging subpoena from the Southern District of New York, reviewed by CNN, shows a request for documents related to donors and benefits offered in return. It asks for donations made by, and on behalf of, foreign nationals and communications related to the possibility of foreign nationals donations.

The subpoena also seeks committee memos and information regarding restrictions on donations "including but not limited to prohibitions on donations by foreign nationals or donations on behalf of a third party."
Federal prosecutors also want information about donations made directly to vendors and communications discussing that possibility.

The subpoena, first reported by ABC News, suggests that beyond special counsel Robert Mueller there is continued scrutiny of people connected to President Donald Trump, though there is no indication the matter relates to Trump directly.

A spokesperson for the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York declined to comment.
Tom Barrack, the inaugural committee's chairman, also declined to comment. He is not named in the subpoena.
The investigation into the committee -- which was first reported by the Wall Street Journal in December -- involves possible financial abuses related to the more than $100 million in donations raised for Trump's inauguration, sources familiar with the matter told CNN at the time.

One source familiar with the matter told CNN in December that the investigation was in its early stages, and that investigators were generally focused on whether any inauguration money had been misspent.
Citing conversations with people familiar with the investigation, the Journal reported that prosecutors are also looking into whether the committee accepted donations from individuals looking to gain influence in or access to the new administration.

The New York Times also reported in December that federal prosecutors were looking into whether foreign nationals had funneled potentially illegal donations to both the inaugural fund and a pro-Trump super PAC in efforts to buy "influence over American policy."
The paper, citing people familiar with the inquiry, said it focuses on people from Middle Eastern countries -- including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates -- and whether they "used straw donors to disguise their donations to the two funds."

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/04/politi ... cnn.com%2F
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

"That committee worked for me for a very short time. I hardly knew them. This has nothing to do with all the great accomplishments I've made for America."

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Senator Merkley from Oregon shared a document with NBC that reveals the US government planned to traumatize migrant children and create a humanitarian crisis with its mass separations. There's just no bottom with this administration.

http://liblog.law.stanford.edu/2019/01/ ... -children/
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Sanders on Trump inaugural committee subpoena: 'This has nothing to do with the White House'
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/ ... na-1146128

The common thread is that there is so much hatred out there that they will look for anything to try to create and tie problems to this president,” she said, adding that Trump has urged cooperation with the investigation and that the White House itself has cooperated.

cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I like how she deflects to people that Trumpy once said, or continues to say, are innocent. "Ok Sara, President Trump has said multiple times that Roger Stone is innocent. Which is it? Can't have it both ways".
Pierce Foreskin

Turner Coates wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 am Sanders on Trump inaugural committee subpoena: 'This has nothing to do with the White House'
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/ ... na-1146128

The common thread is that there is so much hatred out there that they will look for anything to try to create and tie problems to this president,” she said, adding that Trump has urged cooperation with the investigation and that the White House itself has cooperated.
I know that it seems a stretch to tie Trump to his inauguration committee and the funds they spent. Oh, wait, no it's not.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Not The Onion. Send $1 and Trumpy will scroll your name during the SOTU stream Um, campaign violation?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... xVgTh8gLJY
Pierce Foreskin

cowpins wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:30 am Not The Onion. Send $1 and Trumpy will scroll your name during the SOTU stream Um, campaign violation?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... xVgTh8gLJY
Send me a dollar, and I will tell you how I got rich.