Stars Ash vs Evil Dead and Counterpart?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Stars Ash vs Evil Dead and Counterpart?

Post by UtahRatt » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Stars has done a great job in their series department lately. Anyone tuning in?

Ash vs Evil Dead is back next Sunday, I'm a fan and looking forward this season. I re-watched the first episode and still got a kick even tho it kind of rolled out towards the end I'd like to see it continue for a few more.

Counterpart is my new favorite series and I can't find a single hole in the cast or writing to nit pick about. It's worth going out of your way to watch. J.K. Simmons plays a great role, both parts are totally convincing. It should pull in a lot of awards.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
HueyRamone
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Stars Ash vs Evil Dead and Counterpart?

Post by HueyRamone » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:21 pm

I liked that Ash series, but i don't think i watched it all the way through. it all became too same, and you knew the main characters were gonna not be killed.

I would even give it another go now that it's no netflix, but i couldn't say for certain what episode I got up to, which kinda proves the point.
Civil_war
Headlining Clubs

Post by Civil_war » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:50 am

I grew up with the Evil Dead series and I've always loved it. I thought the first season of Ash vs. Evil Dead was great, and I enjoyed the other as well. I'll watch the third, or fourth? I can't even remember. However, I'll admit it started getting a little weird by the end. I would like it if they just made another movie.
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:01 pm

I dig Ash...kind of seems they might be milking it with Season 3...

Love Counterpart...great premise and hasn't sucked....yet....
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:03 pm

the_man_incognito wrote:I dig Ash...kind of seems they might be milking it with Season 3...

Love Counterpart...great premise and hasn't sucked....yet....
I feel like Stars is pushing the budget rather than milking ASH even if it's to carry viewers over to their new releases. Either way I think it will be a make or break for another season....Probably the latter.

Counterpart has me dragged in to the point where I drift from it being a sci-fi, given the nature of characters involved the Spy vs Spy is pretty convincing....I've already plotted the end.

"The last thing you want is me with nothing left to say" .......That scene slayed. Howard owns the role.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Pierce Foreskin
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Pierce Foreskin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:29 am

Love ASH, I don't care how many seasons they do, I'll be watching.

Counterpart, the wife and I are waiting for the season to end so we can binge watch it all.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Brickjaw
Headlining Clubs

Post by Brickjaw » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 am

Huge Evil Dead/Campbell fan and while it was watchable and ok, I was a little disappointed in this series.
I ditched cable shortly after so I have only seen the first season. I would have continued to watch just because, but I was hoping it would be better than it was.
Kinda like the Star Wars prequels. You're like "meh" but you still watched all 3. Just because.
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:58 am

It's worth watching for Lucy Lawless and Bruce "The Chin" Campbell. I got to the second season when I cut the cord so I figure I'll find it streaming sometime but I'm not going to go searching because I barely watch anything anymore.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
The Stench
Headlining Clubs

Post by The Stench » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Love Ash! The original Evil Dead has been a favorite of mine since I first rented it as a kid. If you had told me then that there would someday be an Evil Dead tv series I would have laughed in your face. It's weird to think how something that was just a little known cult film could one day become so mainstream.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:28 am

Ash is on Netflix, I've been going over it again...........Some episodes got weird but I still dig um. I was iffy over Lucy Lawless who turned out decent but getting bad vibes from the up and coming Daughter. Kelly and Pablo are good sidekicks, actually Kelly is awesome.

Just as I boasted Stars for "Counterpart and ASH" I read they're fucking up the next season of "American God's"!

It's mind blowing they're dropping the ball with delays. They've lost the two main show runners, word is writer Bryan Fuller is taking Gillian Anderson with him "Gillian also dumped X-Files". Now with the setback Easter-Kristin Chenoweth might not be available and they still don't have a set date, late 2018 or even 19....Ian McShane and the rest of the cast are on board with a new writer but this delay is fucking up more than leaving fans sucking thumbs.

I'm burning through the first season, American Gods was the next great thing. Gillian was awesome as Media! Jessica Chastain would be a good replacement.....No clue who could fill those shoes. Stars say's they're devoted and want to put out several seasons, I have doubts.

I might check out the Novel.
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:32 am

UtahRatt wrote:Ash is on Netflix, I've been going over it again...........Some episodes got weird but I still dig um. I was iffy over Lucy Lawless who turned out decent but getting bad vibes from the up and coming Daughter. Kelly and Pablo are good sidekicks, actually Kelly is awesome.

Just as I boasted Stars for "Counterpart and ASH" I read they're fucking up the next season of "American God's"!

It's mind blowing they're dropping the ball with delays. They've lost the two main show runners, word is writer Bryan Fuller is taking Gillian Anderson with him "Gillian also dumped X-Files". Now with the setback Easter-Kristin Chenoweth might not be available and they still don't have a set date, late 2018 or even 19....Ian McShane and the rest of the cast are on board with a new writer but this delay is fucking up more than leaving fans sucking thumbs.

I'm burning through the first season, American Gods was the next great thing. Gillian was awesome as Media! Jessica Chastain would be a good replacement.....No clue who could fill those shoes. Stars say's they're devoted and want to put out several seasons, I have doubts.

I might check out the Novel.
Gillian killed it as Media. I don't see why she couldn't still do it but I can see her leaving X-Files though, you can't always go home and she was making great stuff when she was back home in England so she may have just decided that she's tired and probably has more than enough money. I didn't know they were having issues with American Gods though. That show really brought the book to life and Ian was great. Pablo Schreiber and Emily Browning just work well together. Production has always been a problem with the show going back years. But schedules and conflicts are always going to be a problem, especially when you have this many people who do have other commitments as well. The book can be a bit of a slog as with a lot of Gaiman's writing. Good Omens is shooting right now and that might be a really good one. I'd start with that book and then check out Gaiman's Sandman comics through Vertigo/DC comics.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:00 pm

stocknsocks wrote:Gillian killed it as Media. I don't see why she couldn't still do it but I can see her leaving X-Files though, you can't always go home and she was making great stuff when she was back home in England so she may have just decided that she's tired and probably has more than enough money. I didn't know they were having issues with American Gods though. That show really brought the book to life and Ian was great. Pablo Schreiber and Emily Browning just work well together. Production has always been a problem with the show going back years. But schedules and conflicts are always going to be a problem, especially when you have this many people who do have other commitments as well. The book can be a bit of a slog as with a lot of Gaiman's writing. Good Omens is shooting right now and that might be a really good one. I'd start with that book and then check out Gaiman's Sandman comics through Vertigo/DC comics.
Gillian will be a bitch to replace, for what little air time her character had she stole every second of it...Losing Easter sucks as well, the season endear was brilliant. I should nab the comics....

Sounds like the dispute was over episode money that Star's agreed to increase then backed out, conflicting reports. I read Gillian is tied to Fuller and left with him to work on reviving Hannibal......Both Green and Fuller are working on several projects so this delay will crumble such a great start to what woulda been a killer multi season series. I hope they salvage it, just watched the season again and there has to be moreeeeeeeeeee. Pablo and Emily are said to be all in, I totally dig Emily's role. The whole cast is great except for the Punk. Lucky Charms kills me.

Finally watched the final season of "Black Sails" I stopped after they killed Charles Vane....I didn't think it would be worth it yet they pulled it off.....The finale was a bit soft but over all they did a good job start to finish.

Now Stars is at a shitty point..."Howard's End" WTF? Looks like a chick series if only to see Agent Carter's rack.

I liked the "Ash" opener but it's not really a drop everything show...I get a lot of kicks out of several scenes but as a whole it's good when nothing else is on....I Wan't CANDY!!!!!! I laughed........