Fergie singing the national anthem

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

User avatar
Bair Hand
OMG STONER! LOOK AT ME!
Posts: 10667
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Bair Hand » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:49 am

User avatar
BDG135
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 3230
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by BDG135 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:50 am

I could only take about 15 seconds of that.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people really that do that. - Blotz
User avatar
Bair Hand
OMG STONER! LOOK AT ME!
Posts: 10667
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Bair Hand » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:51 am

BDG135 wrote:I could only take about 15 seconds of that.
you really shoulda stuck with it...'best' parts are at the end.
ParaDime77
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 13292
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:39 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by ParaDime77 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:55 am

Total abortion. Thought she sounded drunk off her ass.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
User avatar
CHA0S
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1543
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:04 am
Location: overexposing myself

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by CHA0S » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Well, I loved it! They should play this version at strip clubs on the 4th of July.
Photobucket has taken my signature hostage.
TenBenny
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 20124
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by TenBenny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:22 pm

She sang the song like she was doing a slinky jazz rendition at a club. The best I can say about the intent was that it was a complete miscalculation on her part.
User avatar
keyofgee
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1179
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:55 am
Location: Kenfucky
Contact:

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by keyofgee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:29 pm

TenBenny wrote:She sang the song like she was doing a slinky jazz rendition at a club. The best I can say about the intent was that it was a complete miscalculation on her part.
i thought the same thing..it had a white gurl jazz feel to it. was it different? yes. was it horrible? no, just different.

Of course today, in a world were we beat anyone down for fat shaming or bullying, she is getting bullied in public over it...
User avatar
Cybersavior
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:52 am

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Cybersavior » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Unlistenable rendition. I do like Fergie's ram-parts, though.
Question authority. (not mine)
TenBenny
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 20124
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by TenBenny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:55 pm

keyofgee wrote:
TenBenny wrote:She sang the song like she was doing a slinky jazz rendition at a club. The best I can say about the intent was that it was a complete miscalculation on her part.
i thought the same thing..it had a white gurl jazz feel to it. was it different? yes. was it horrible? no, just different.

Of course today, in a world were we beat anyone down for fat shaming or bullying, she is getting bullied in public over it...
Horrible? Well, I've heard worse, I guess. Don't get me wrong though. That was *not* good. Yes, I guess you could say it was different, but the anthem is usually meant to rouse people emotionally. I don't see how she thought this rendition would accomplish that.

She wanted to go artistic with it, but the truth is most American sports fans aren't looking for artistic when it comes to the national anthem. They don't want Big Macs with avocado and sprouts, you know? They want it the way they're used to getting it.
User avatar
exitflagger
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 21712
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by exitflagger » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 pm

keyofgee wrote: was it horrible? no,
Sludge never disappoints.
Image
radiobed wrote:conservatives are stupid...oh and racist too.
Bair Hand wrote:i'll suck your dick for a cup of coffee
User avatar
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am
Location: Fifth Circle of Hell

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by stocknsocks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:35 pm

Between her raging coke habit and alcoholic haze, I'm surprised she even knew where she was. I'm even more surprised the remembered the words but I figure they had someone on an earpiece reading her the lines.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
User avatar
Mojo
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 12109
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Mojo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:53 pm

My favorite part is the look on the player's faces as she sings. Fifteen different types of WTF faces.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
gruentransfer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1049
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Australia

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by gruentransfer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:09 am

Atrocious
You should always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
User avatar
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie
Posts: 12776
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:52 am
Location: Germany

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:43 am

I always get a kick out of people crying over somebody "ruining" their anthem. As if it was such a great piece of music. Oh noes, she totally misinterpreted the original intention! The average American sports fans were cheated out of their expected emotional rousing! Can't have undignified dirty jazzy singing among hotdog-eating morons cheering a ball game.
User avatar
Bair Hand
OMG STONER! LOOK AT ME!
Posts: 10667
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Bair Hand » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 am

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:I always get a kick out of people crying over somebody "ruining" their anthem. As if it was such a great piece of music. Oh noes, she totally misinterpreted the original intention! The average American sports fans were cheated out of their expected emotional rousing! Can't have undignified dirty jazzy singing among hotdog-eating morons cheering a ball game.
except no one is crying - everyone seems to be laughing.
User avatar
Pierce Foreskin
Doing Package Tours in Theaters
Posts: 5153
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 am

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Pierce Foreskin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:29 am

Let's play some basketball, yeah!

um. Sure, why not, we're all here anyway.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
User avatar
exitflagger
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 21712
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by exitflagger » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:36 am

Pierce Foreskin wrote:Let's play some basketball, yeah!
I took that to mean "Okay, let's all forget about what I just did and move on please."
Image
radiobed wrote:conservatives are stupid...oh and racist too.
Bair Hand wrote:i'll suck your dick for a cup of coffee
User avatar
Pierce Foreskin
Doing Package Tours in Theaters
Posts: 5153
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 am

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Pierce Foreskin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:09 am

exitflagger wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:Let's play some basketball, yeah!
I took that to mean "Okay, let's all forget about what I just did and move on please."
I dunno, I think by her expression, she thought, in the moment, that she fucking nailed it.
Oh Fergie.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
User avatar
exitflagger
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 21712
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by exitflagger » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:25 am

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
exitflagger wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:Let's play some basketball, yeah!
I took that to mean "Okay, let's all forget about what I just did and move on please."
I dunno, I think by her expression, she thought, in the moment, that she fucking nailed it.
Oh Fergie.
I guess we definitely shouldn't give the creator of "My Humps" any undue credit for self-critique.
Image
radiobed wrote:conservatives are stupid...oh and racist too.
Bair Hand wrote:i'll suck your dick for a cup of coffee
User avatar
Rorysfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: A bottle of Guinness

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Rorysfan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:52 am

Image
User avatar
Pierce Foreskin
Doing Package Tours in Theaters
Posts: 5153
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 am

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Pierce Foreskin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:53 am

exitflagger wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:
exitflagger wrote: I took that to mean "Okay, let's all forget about what I just did and move on please."
I dunno, I think by her expression, she thought, in the moment, that she fucking nailed it.
Oh Fergie.
I guess we definitely shouldn't give the creator of "My Humps" any undue credit for self-critique.
No that is probably true.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
User avatar
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am
Location: Fifth Circle of Hell

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by stocknsocks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:12 am

Rorysfan wrote:Still the best version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvVzaQ6i8A
Fucking this! It's on several of his greatest hits compilations and it still holds up.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
ParaDime77
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 13292
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:39 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by ParaDime77 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:17 am

stocknsocks wrote:Between her raging coke habit and alcoholic haze, I'm surprised she even knew where she was. I'm even more surprised the remembered the words but I figure they had someone on an earpiece reading her the lines.
Do tell more about the coke and booze habit, always heard she really hasn’t been a parent at all to her young son.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
User avatar
dmbrocker
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 8291
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm
Location: In an underground revolution working overtime

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by dmbrocker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:26 am

Still not as horrible as Roseanne's version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1YVhcLD2c
Image
holymountain wrote:Good ol' reliable Flake Mob. The retirement village for scabs too lowly for Dokken and BulletBoys.
User avatar
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am
Location: Fifth Circle of Hell

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by stocknsocks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:31 am

ParaDime77 wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:Between her raging coke habit and alcoholic haze, I'm surprised she even knew where she was. I'm even more surprised the remembered the words but I figure they had someone on an earpiece reading her the lines.
Do tell more about the coke and booze habit, always heard she really hasn’t been a parent at all to her young son.
The drugs and booze is one of the things cited in her divorce proceedings which is why her husband (who has cleaned himself up but still has some problems) has full custody of their child, if rumors are to be believed. Drugs and booze are another reason she's out of the Black Eyed Peas. She can't kick the habit and she had an addiction to meth which some people say she hasn't given up. She's just a big old mess. I think, I could be wrong, that she has to have supervised visits with her kid as well.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
User avatar
Babydoll
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:59 pm
Location: Carlyle, IL (St. Louis area)

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Babydoll » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 am

"If that's your best, your best won't do!"
User avatar
Bair Hand
OMG STONER! LOOK AT ME!
Posts: 10667
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Bair Hand » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:56 am

dmbrocker wrote:Still not as horrible as Roseanne's version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1YVhcLD2c
horrible? it was the ultimate troll.
love it.
User avatar
Beyotch_Knowles
Destiny's Bastard
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:10 pm
Location: DCA

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Beyotch_Knowles » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:32 am

Bair Hand wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Still not as horrible as Roseanne's version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1YVhcLD2c
horrible? it was the ultimate troll.
love it.
I love that Roseanne is all over twitter accepting and retweeting the praises that her version was better than Fergie's.
Image
User avatar
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am
Location: Fifth Circle of Hell

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by stocknsocks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 am

Beyotch_Knowles wrote:
Bair Hand wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Still not as horrible as Roseanne's version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1YVhcLD2c
horrible? it was the ultimate troll.
love it.
I love that Roseanne is all over twitter accepting and retweeting the praises that her version was better than Fergie's.
She's a drumpftard but you should find Carl Lewis' version. You know it's bad when you hear his voice crack, boo's, and then "uh oh".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kU9XwcOIfI
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
User avatar
Mojo
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 12109
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Fergie singing the national anthem

Post by Mojo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:44 am

Beyotch_Knowles wrote:
Bair Hand wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Still not as horrible as Roseanne's version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1YVhcLD2c
horrible? it was the ultimate troll.
love it.
I love that Roseanne is all over twitter accepting and retweeting the praises that her version was better than Fergie's.
The latent Republican in me finds it irksome that a woman who made crazy money by doing a one in a million dream job that she could be killed for in some countries, had no problem getting up and purposely shitting all over the National Anthem of a country that gave her what 99% of the planet won’t ever have.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
Post Reply