The Nashville mayoral scandal

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

The Nashville mayoral scandal

Post by Endless Yodel » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:12 am

This story gets more odious by the day. Normally I wouldn't care about an affair between two dull people, except that this happened on the taxpayers' dime. News has come out that Mayor Barry's lover was paid $53,000 more than other bodyguards combined. He was putting in more work though, if you know what I mean.

There's no mention in the article of the newly created lawyer position in city government for Forrest's daughter. Never advertised. No other candidates considered.

Any Nashville-area Sludgers in particular have any thoughts on this?

https://newsgrowl.com/megan-barry-lover ... b-forrest/
Now it appears Barry’s influence may have done more than provide the couple with time alone. Three days ago Nashville’s main newspaper, the Tenneseean, reported that Rob Forrest earned substantially more overtime than other bodyguards on Barry’s detail. In fact, the $173,843.13 Forrest earned between July 2015 and January 2017 is nearly $53,000 more than the other four bodyguards received combined.
sirrloin wrote: There is a difference between show tunes appreciation and musical theater. If you don't know the difference, you're not very educated.
ParaDime77
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The Nashville mayoral scandal

Post by ParaDime77 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 am

SGT Forrestlooks like a real lothario. I bet their missionary position rendezvous were off the charts.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:52 am

And the married mayor banging her bodyguard and flying around the world on the taxpayer's dime sounds like a subject for a country song. If only it took place in a city where someone knew how to write one...
sirrloin wrote: There is a difference between show tunes appreciation and musical theater. If you don't know the difference, you're not very educated.
Blizzard of Cos
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Blizzard of Cos » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:26 am

I hope she grabbed him by the taint.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 am

Sad!
I was impressed with the way she initially owned up to the infidelity, but now.......

Caller: "Hi, I'd like to rent a wireless microphone."
Me: "Sure that's no problem, will you need any speakers with it?"
Caller: "No, the microphone should be loud enough."
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:23 pm

ParaDime77 wrote:SGT Forrestlooks like a real lothario. I bet their missionary position rendezvous were off the charts.
:lol:

That's what I thought when I saw his photograph. She hired the dad from Alf to be her bodyguard.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
Aren't you one of those meat-selling scammers?

Then the mark takes the bait, hauls the box home and finds out it's full of sheep eyeballs, horse dicks and tripe?

You're running (or have run) that scam, aren't you? Dead serious question here.
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:01 am

How romantic.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newsc ... ery-visits

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Mayor Megan Barry found time alone with her police bodyguard during early morning visits to the Nashville City Cemetery, security video uncovered by NewsChannel 5 Investigates shows.

And in every case, taxpayers were paying Sgt. Rob Forrest to be there, payroll records show. At the time, Forrest was having an affair with Barry.

"I know for a fact there were several meetings with her with this guy in the city cemetery just about every morning," one caller suggested.

The City Cemetery is the oldest public cemetery in Nashville.

And other sources told similar stories about the white SUV used by Forrest to drive the mayor being spotted there in the early morning hours.
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:12 am

Was Willie Tanner droppin' fuckin' loads all over smooth marble headstones? Kinky.
Silent watching gaze
Across the blackened plains
Two eyes like burning embers
Awaits the moment for the
North star to blaze

ImageImageImage
Rorysfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Rorysfan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:37 am

Endless Yodel wrote:How romantic.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newsc ... ery-visits

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Mayor Megan Barry found time alone with her police bodyguard during early morning visits to the Nashville City Cemetery, security video uncovered by NewsChannel 5 Investigates shows.

And in every case, taxpayers were paying Sgt. Rob Forrest to be there, payroll records show. At the time, Forrest was having an affair with Barry.

"I know for a fact there were several meetings with her with this guy in the city cemetery just about every morning," one caller suggested.

The City Cemetery is the oldest public cemetery in Nashville.

And other sources told similar stories about the white SUV used by Forrest to drive the mayor being spotted there in the early morning hours.

Dead men tell no tales....
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 am

Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote:Was Willie Tanner droppin' fuckin' loads all over smooth marble headstones? Kinky.

:lol:
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
Aren't you one of those meat-selling scammers?

Then the mark takes the bait, hauls the box home and finds out it's full of sheep eyeballs, horse dicks and tripe?

You're running (or have run) that scam, aren't you? Dead serious question here.
HueyRamone
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by HueyRamone » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:51 am

Endless Yodel wrote:In fact, the $173,843.13 Forrest earned between July 2015 and January 2017 is nearly $53,000 more than the other four bodyguards received combined.
[/quote]

Lets do the math:

His pay: $173,843
subtract $53,000 to get the others' pay
which is 123,843

Divide by 4 for each bodyguards' pay: $30,960.

That's pretty fucking low for a full time job (I assume) where you may encounter dangerous situations! And none of them even got perks, like getting to nail the Mayor!
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 pm

HueyRamone wrote:
Endless Yodel wrote:In fact, the $173,843.13 Forrest earned between July 2015 and January 2017 is nearly $53,000 more than the other four bodyguards received combined.
Lets do the math:

His pay: $173,843
subtract $53,000 to get the others' pay
which is 123,843

Divide by 4 for each bodyguards' pay: $30,960.

That's pretty fucking low for a full time job (I assume) where you may encounter dangerous situations! And none of them even got perks, like getting to nail the Mayor!
Situations like these could help get kids interested in word problems.

Apparently neither the mayor nor her boyfriend have seen an episode of CSI, NCIS or any other crime TV show. There are cameras everywhere.
RhiannNightfire
Heartless Bipolar Bitch

Post by RhiannNightfire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 pm

And now the TBI says that nude photos, which may or may not be of the mayor, were found on Forrest's phone. and his wife has now filed for divorce.
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:28 am

I think the most important lesson is not to elect a mayor with the last name of Barry.
Kiss Crue
Headlining Clubs

Post by Kiss Crue » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:18 am

FWIW - A friend of a friend works in the Nashville sheriff department and he told me yesterday the mayor is about to be indicted. Vice mayor is some dude named Briley and apparently he's a solid guy.
RhiannNightfire
Heartless Bipolar Bitch

Post by RhiannNightfire » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:08 am

Even The Tennessean (the local paper) has even said that she should resign, and coming from them that's a pretty big deal. She's dug herself in waaaay too deep now. (I was going for the banging in the graveyard humor here and obviously missed the mark...whatever) at this point the best thing she COULD do is resign and let the cards fall where they may.
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:01 am

RhiannNightfire wrote:Even The Tennessean (the local paper) has even said that she should resign, and coming from them that's a pretty big deal. She's dug herself in waaaay too deep now. (I was going for the banging in the graveyard humor here and obviously missed the mark...whatever) at this point the best thing she COULD do is resign and let the cards fall where they may.
I like that joke! She should resign, especially since embarrassing revelations keep coming out. Although I don't know if she has a strong sense of shame, given her defiant attitude.

http://tennesseestar.com/2018/02/13/nas ... -new-york/

Nashville Mayor Megan Barry Was Scheduled to Travel With Lover Rob Forrest to Attend the Grammy Awards in New York
February 13, 2018 Christina Botteri

After repeated denials that taxpayer money was used to fund and then cover up the years-long affair between Nashville Mayor Megan Barry and her security chief, Rob Forrest, WMSV reported that newly released documents the show the illicit couple was set to travel to New York together in order to attend the Grammy Awards on January 26.

“Within the last two hours, we obtained more records from City Hall,” reporter Allana Autler began:

We’ve just learned that there was another trip scheduled for the Mayor and her bodyguard for January 26 – just a few weeks ago.

It was for Barry to attend the Grammy Awards in New York.

Records show the trip was approved on January 10th.

The Mayor’s spokesman says he can’t say when in January it was cancelled. But he did say she changed her plans and came home instead.

We now know that’s the weekend before news of the affair broke.
RhiannNightfire
Heartless Bipolar Bitch

Post by RhiannNightfire » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:22 pm

I have a feeling she's probably going to try and hang in there until she can get her massively expensive 'transit plan' passed and going to 'leave her mark' so to speak. I don't think it'll happen though. Besides, logistically the entire plan is a nightmare in and of itself. (you think Nashville traffic is bad NOW? eeeeeee....)
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:39 pm

RhiannNightfire wrote:I have a feeling she's probably going to try and hang in there until she can get her massively expensive 'transit plan' passed and going to 'leave her mark' so to speak.
Oh yeah. Her "legacy" thang. Our former mayor completely tore up our main street, re-designated/eliminated traffic lanes, put new bus stops in the MIDDLE of it, and bought a fleet of 60 ft. electric buses. The new mayor is dealing with the 17 miles of fucked up street and a partial fleet of buses with mechanical failures. Not a one of them are in service.

THANKS, RICHARD BERRY. You self-centered idiot.

Caller: "Hi, I'd like to rent a wireless microphone."
Me: "Sure that's no problem, will you need any speakers with it?"
Caller: "No, the microphone should be loud enough."
RhiannNightfire
Heartless Bipolar Bitch

Post by RhiannNightfire » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:49 am

I'll be damned. She resigned about 2 hours ago, after pleading guilty to felony theft, ordered to pay 11K in restitution and I believe it was 3 years of probation.
Mazerati
Platinum Artist

Post by Mazerati » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 am

Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 am

RhiannNightfire wrote:I'll be damned. She resigned about 2 hours ago, after pleading guilty to felony theft, ordered to pay 11K in restitution and I believe it was 3 years of probation.
She deserves jail time. If you're in Nashville and charged with felony theft, you can ask the judge if you can get the former mayor's sentence. I wonder if the made-up job for her boyfriend's daughter will go away now.