School shooting in California thwarted: security guard overheard random conversation

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TenBenny
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

School shooting in California thwarted: security guard overheard random conversation

Post by TenBenny » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:56 pm

Looks like thoughts and prayers worked. Alright no, but seriously, it's a lucky break that this security guard managed to hear the student make the threat.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/authorities- ... 56375.html
TenBenny

Re: School shooting in California thwarted: security guard overheard random conversation

Post by TenBenny » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Here's another story about guns in Southern California from today. What both of these stories have in common is that there were people behind them that were not supposed to be in possession of them, either because they were personally prohibited from having them or the acquired guns were simply unregistered. Either way, you have people who believe the laws to be inconsequential.

http://abc7.com/3120273/
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: School shooting in California thwarted: security guard overheard random conversation

Post by stocknsocks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:35 pm

I’ve said it time and time again: anybody can get a gun. Anybody. Backpage and the dark net, plus gun shows or just knowing somebody that’s in the know. Legal or not, good guy or bad guy. Good guys generally do things legally, bad guys don’t give a shit and will break into a house and steal a gun. And Cali is one of those states that you have to damn near have to have signatures from the governor, the president, and the fucking Pope.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
Blizzard of Cos
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Blizzard of Cos » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:10 pm

stocknsocks wrote:I’ve said it time and time again: anybody can get a gun. Anybody. Backpage and the dark net, plus gun shows or just knowing somebody that’s in the know. Legal or not, good guy or bad guy. Good guys generally do things legally, bad guys don’t give a shit and will break into a house and steal a gun. And Cali is one of those states that you have to damn near have to have signatures from the governor, the president, and the fucking Pope.
Come on hoss give me a break. Everyone knows Tyrone will get you a gat.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Blizzard of Cos wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:I’ve said it time and time again: anybody can get a gun. Anybody. Backpage and the dark net, plus gun shows or just knowing somebody that’s in the know. Legal or not, good guy or bad guy. Good guys generally do things legally, bad guys don’t give a shit and will break into a house and steal a gun. And Cali is one of those states that you have to damn near have to have signatures from the governor, the president, and the fucking Pope.
Come on hoss give me a break. Everyone knows Tyrone will get you a gat.
I live in a questionable part of town so it might be easier for me but fuck that plastic gun shit. Huh, I may have found a new business model: teaching gang bangers the correct way of holding and shooting firearms.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:49 pm

This whole thing just seems like an incredible mess, because save for a few scant instances (such as Obama's attempts to prompt Congress to action after Sandy Hook), this was never dealt with, and the wrong people were enabled until this problem spread like a cancer. Now the public is actively demanding immediate change more loudly than it ever has, and the White House is telling kids, teachers, parents and everyone else that their safety is dependent on a warped scenario most people would feel *less* safe under.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:24 pm

Yo, what's up with the spambot shit in this thread. I opened it up and got asked for a password.

Lenny, are you fucking up?
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:Dana's lines in Slaughter were interesting, fluid, intricate at times, fit the song and most importantly, grooved like a mutha.
dmbrocker
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by dmbrocker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Yo, what's up with the spambot shit in this thread. I opened it up and got asked for a password.

Lenny, are you fucking up?
It's happening to me, too. Must be one of the ads. That or someone here is secretly a talent scout for playingfieldpromotions.com...
holymountain wrote:Good ol' reliable Flake Mob. The retirement village for scabs too lowly for Dokken and BulletBoys.
vlad
Headlining Clubs

Post by vlad » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Just got that pop-up as well.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:21 am

Not sure why that's happening. It didn't come up for me, and Yahoo! is obviously a legit site. Sorry about that.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 am

I PM'd the mod and it locked up my Safari browser on my phone. I have yet to find a way to kill it.
TenBenny wrote:
This whole thing just seems like an incredible mess, because save for a few scant instances (such as Obama's attempts to prompt Congress to action after Sandy Hook), this was never dealt with, and the wrong people were enabled until this problem spread like a cancer. Now the public is actively demanding immediate change more loudly than it ever has, and the White House is telling kids, teachers, parents and everyone else that their safety is dependent on a warped scenario most people would feel *less* safe under.
Money talks, not bloodshed. Money makes the world go round and lobbyists are the ones with the money and assholes in Congress and Senate listen more to money than they do to common sense.
dmbrocker
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by dmbrocker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:06 am

TenBenny wrote:Not sure why that's happening. It didn't come up for me, and Yahoo! is obviously a legit site. Sorry about that.
Just realized it's the BoCos AV. He posted and it somehow got corrupted...
holymountain wrote:Good ol' reliable Flake Mob. The retirement village for scabs too lowly for Dokken and BulletBoys.