"Drunk" comedian Foster Brooks

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TenBenny
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

"Drunk" comedian Foster Brooks

Post by TenBenny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Some funny shit. But watching this guy on old roasts and Carson reruns, do you think he ever thought to himself, "Fuck, I'm stuck with this gimmick"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BKR53qxOY
cowpins
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: "Drunk" comedian Foster Brooks

Post by cowpins » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Love him. His airline pilot bit is one of my absolute favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XC3Hc-rAkk
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin pbf peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
cowpins

Post by cowpins » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Double post
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin pbf peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 pm

cowpins wrote:Love him. His airline pilot bit is one of my absolute favorites.

That is some classic shit. Dino isn't even trying to stay composed for the bit.
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 pm

TenBenny wrote:

Dino never did stay composed. When Rickles got Sinatra good Dean was laughing his ass off. When he got Rickles he knew what he was doing and Brooks is another great one.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:58 pm

stocknsocks wrote:
TenBenny wrote:

Dino never did stay composed. When Rickles got Sinatra good Dean was laughing his ass off. When he got Rickles he knew what he was doing and Brooks is another great one.
Totally. Dino was like a party in human form.
cowpins

Post by cowpins » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:04 pm

TenBenny wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:
TenBenny wrote:
And such a shame with his son dying and a piece of Dino dying with him. Dean had one of my favorite into's. "How long have I been on?" or "How'd you all get in my room"? Love love love, Dean.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Considering he gave up drinking and used his battle with the bottle to create the act, he was a genius.. A very funny man. Doubt he regretted making this his forte...

Much like the great comedienne Phyllis Diller who pretty much played the same person she was in her act in every movie she was in...
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Luminiferous wrote:Considering he gave up drinking and used his battle with the bottle to create the act, he was a genius.. A very funny man. Doubt he regretted making this his forte...

Much like the great comedienne Phyllis Diller who pretty much played the same person she was in her act in every movie she was in...
My life's goal is to start a punk band called Syphilis Diller.
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm

cowpins wrote:
TenBenny wrote:
stocknsocks wrote: Dino never did stay composed. When Rickles got Sinatra good Dean was laughing his ass off. When he got Rickles he knew what he was doing and Brooks is another great one.
And such a shame with his son dying and a piece of Dino dying with him. Dean had one of my favorite into's. "How long have I been on?" or "How'd you all get in my room"? Love love love, Dean.
From what I understand the entire drunk act even at the beginning was just an act but once his son died, I think it stopped being an act. But Dean and Sammy together still make me laugh. Their Cannonball Run movies were about as funny as I can remember. I can watch them now and still laugh. They did push the limits of clean sometimes but I listen to the live version of Sam's Song and even rehearsed those two worked well together.

And Phyllis was without a doubt one of the legends. Cloris Leachman, while funny, was and probably still is known as one of the meanest women in Hollywood.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
cowpins

Post by cowpins » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:59 pm

stocknsocks wrote:[but I listen to the live version of Sam's Song and even rehearsed those two worked well together.
Also, Dean and Frank doing The Oldest Establishment shows how well they performed together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG6lUHYxUMY