What %chance do you think Trump will get jail time?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: What %chance do you think Trump will get jail time?

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

cowpins wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:45 am Desantis, Abbot, and others are all over Biden about securing the border, etc..., while Trump just said that other night that his great wall is complete...as in done. We know that he's full of shit, however it makes me giggle at the fact of it being done and they're still blaming Biden for a problem and not acknowledging the wall or that it didn't work.
I'm so bad at predicting these things but I did predict that he would just tell his voters he built the wall and they'd believe it.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

cowpins wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:45 am Desantis, Abbot, and others are all over Biden about securing the border, etc..., while Trump just said that other night that his great wall is complete...as in done. We know that he's full of shit, however it makes me giggle at the fact of it being done and they're still blaming Biden for a problem and not acknowledging the wall or that it didn't work.

That's certainly some pretzel logic, I agree. Either the wall is finished and it works and the problem is solved or Biden has failed to stop an out of control immigration problem. It can't be both, unless you're in the Trump Cult.

Those voters can't be reasoned with. They will remain in Cultville with little chance of seeing the truth and escaping. Democrats shouldn't bother spending any more time trying to reach them.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Is there anyone that these people would resonate with? Maybe if Dale Earnhardt came back from the dead. That's actually funny. A spot on Dale Earnhardt look alike in his uniform holding a sign saying, "Hey, dumbass. You've been fooled".
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Anyone still think he’s not going to prison? :lol:
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

That-guy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:31 am Anyone still think he’s not going to prison? :lol:
Yep. Me.

Even if it were a possibility, the legal process would take years.

It would be funny if he went to prison for mishandling documents, of all things. Even funnier if he asked Sleepy Joe for a pardon.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:12 am
That-guy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:31 am Anyone still think he’s not going to prison? :lol:
Yep. Me.
Me second. Pretty sure I already said it in this thread, but the best you can hope for is for enough dogshit to cling to him to prevent him from grabbing the republican nomination again.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

The vindictive side in me mostly wants to see the dipshits who supported him with their wallets come to the realization that they've been fooled and fleeced. I also want to see his cronies, both political & media, go down, too. Oh, and his family. Or is that too much to ask?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

DiamondDog wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:01 am
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:12 am
Yep. Me.
Me second. Pretty sure I already said it in this thread, but the best you can hope for is for enough dogshit to cling to him to prevent him from grabbing the republican nomination again.
They're proud of his shittiness.
ImageImage
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

cowpins wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:45 am The vindictive side in me mostly wants to see the dipshits who supported him with their wallets come to the realization that they've been fooled and fleeced.
As a whole they'll either be too stupid to realize it or too deeply invested to ever be able to admit it publicly.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

How about now?
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

That-guy wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:23 am
How about now?
That redacted affidavit didn't say much of anything, so still nope, no chance.
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

he wont even be indicted.

you would have to be a special kind of stupid to think hes going to jail...which i guess explains why some here think he will.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

The redacted affidavit was something that Trump wanted publicized in order to out the people involved and create as many diversions as possible. The fact that it doesn't say much is because the redactions that the DOJ insisted on were done to protect national security.

The real fun part of all this is that the very documents Trump could be prosecuted over have no possibility of being discussed in a hearing or trial because of their sensitivity to national security. That will prove to be a huge stumbling block. Once again Donnie has a giant built-in escape route even though it's obvious he has committed crimes. All this is due to the catch-all mistake of our laws never foreseeing the possibility of having a president with such a devious and underhanded character content.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Wonder if Trump's latest shenanigans are enough to get Quantivius to stop sniffing Donnie's smelly ball bag?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

People's logic of "A rich ex-president will never see a day in a cell" just doesn't work as an automatic given. That seems too cynical to me.

Trump has done so much heinous illegal shit, and some of it, like the Mar-a-Lago document stash, can be nailed down as airtight proof of criminality. So we should have no reason not to maintain a reasonably decent degree of hope that if he doesn't die in the next year or so, he could actually go to prison.

Only him dying or a hung jury is going to keep Donald Trump out of prison. The DOJ and the court system have no reason to treat him with kid gloves.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Zero percent chance.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Mojo wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:56 pm Zero percent chance.
Agreed there. How would that even work? Would a squad of Secret Service guys be assigned to go to prison with him? He couldn't be in general population, and if he was in solitary confinement, he'd cry "cruel and unusual punishment." At worst, he'll get home confinement somewhere where he has a golf course and servants.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Turner Coates wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:26 pm
How would that even work?
I'm thinking that if a President were to be sentenced to prison they would build a special unit for he/she away from the general population somewhere like Guantanamo Bay. He/she would have their own cell, exercise room, courtyard, etc....with Secret Service comfortably nearby.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

No chance, because, as said above, he can't be prosecuted without putting U.S. security at risk, but he'll definitely go to hell when he dies. Hopefully we can at least take comfort knowing he'll be tortured by the flames of Beelzebub for all eternity.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Turner Coates wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:26 pm
Agreed there. How would that even work? Would a squad of Secret Service guys be assigned to go to prison with him? He couldn't be in general population, and if he was in solitary confinement, he'd cry "cruel and unusual punishment." At worst, he'll get home confinement somewhere where he has a golf course and servants.

haha, we're currently as primed to punish Trump as Columbia was with Escobar.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

My 79 yo father says he can die happy if he could see Trump in prison. Sadly my dad will die mad...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

I'd give anything to see Donny T hunkered down in the corner like the dude on the cover of that awesome Creed album.

What chance of any jail time or remotely adequate punishment? I say 4%
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:13 pm haha, we're currently as primed to punish Trump as Columbia was with Escobar.
This is actually actually an extremely apt comparison. No matter how many planes full of diplomats Trump blows up or how many damned hippos he releases into the wild, he’ll get away with it because punishing him would be too costly.
Image Image
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

184 classified documents found, 25 marked top secret. Stupid motherfucker based the entirety of his early campaigning on hEr eMaILS!!!! before it was revealed that most people in government were using private email servers, Trump staff and children included. What does the stupid motherfucker do? Takes physical papers home. Just a staggeringly stupid motherfucker.
Image Image
Danzig in the Dark

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:11 pm No chance, because, as said above, he can't be prosecuted without putting U.S. security at risk, but he'll definitely go to hell when he dies. Hopefully we can at least take comfort knowing he'll be tortured by the flames of Beelzebub for all eternity.
They've already assumed those secrets are no longer secret.
ImageImage
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

And some of the documents have his handwritten notes on them. "But the FBI planted them!" "Sir, they have your handwriting on them". Wonder what he wrote?
Charles Bukaki
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Charles Bukaki »

cowpins wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:13 am And some of the documents have his handwritten notes on them. "But the FBI planted them!" "Sir, they have your handwriting on them". Wonder what he wrote?
probably drawings of dicks
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Why are we acting as if Trump would be accommodated with a Secret Service detail in prison? Why the hell would a felon ex-president get protection at that point? Is there some ironclad legal stipulation that he still gets the detail even in prison? Because barring that, it sounds illogical.

It was my understanding that Congress could take that away from him if it wanted. So if he goes and Dems get a majority, I'm sure they'll decide that the money on his detail would be better spent elsewhere.
Danzig in the Dark

TenBenny wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:41 pm Why are we acting as if Trump would be accommodated with a Secret Service detail in prison? Why the hell would a felon ex-president get protection at that point? Is there some ironclad legal stipulation that he still gets the detail even in prison? Because barring that, it sounds illogical.

It was my understanding that Congress could take that away from him if it wanted. So if he goes and Dems get a majority, I'm sure they'll decide that the money on his detail would be better spent elsewhere.
They won't. Sets a bad precedent.
ImageImage
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

However allowing a President to steal/sell top secret info is?