Heat Wave

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

cowpins
Platinum Artist

Heat Wave

Post by cowpins »

90's and hot in Cocoa Beach. We do have the breeze though.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Heat Wave

Post by MattleyCrue »

The heat sucks. Can’t wait for fall. Upper 50s-60s temps with sun are perfect!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Going be around 72* to see the beach whores play beach volleyball all day. Free water and energy drinks in the shade
Way better than Dumbass Disneyland
I hate the winter gets dark at 5pm with cold 50*.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

It's dry heat in Vegas. I don't give a damn if it's 95 or 115. It feels goooooood, and everybody owns a pool, knows somebody that does, or gets hotel discounts as a local. I grew up in the heat and humidity, and there's a huge difference that a lot of lifetime residents don't understand and love to cry about. Most aren't very "Vegas Strong" when it comes to the heat.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Nate S Axel wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:44 pm It's dry heat in Vegas.
I despise this saying. So is a fucking oven.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Mojo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:56 pm
I never worried about the oven, since I lived in the freezer the other part of the year when it wasn't hot and humid. https://www.fox9.com/weather/ely-minnes ... ture-of-50

I hear that often though and don't mind the criticism to that saying; mostly from people that lived here their entire lives and never experienced anything else, thinking 105+ is the worst thing ever. It is a fact though that it's dry heat, and there's a big difference between it compared to high humidity. It definitely feels different (better), but some people adapt differently to dry heat.

I love the weather year round. For those that hate their life for half the year everywhere in the country just because of weather, that's their time wasting away.
Last edited by Nate S Axel on Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Nate S Axel wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:59 pm
I hear that all the time and don't doubt the criticism; mostly from people that have lived here their entire lives and never experienced anything other than it, thinking 105+ is the worst thing ever. It is a fact though that it's dry heat, and there's a big difference between that compared to high humidity. It definitely feels different (and better), but some people react oddly to dry heat when they're unprepared. I enjoy the weather year round.

For those that hate their life for half the year everywhere in the country just because of weather, that's their time wasting away.
I've spent time in Florida in the Summer, so I know what it's like to be hot and simultaneously dripping wet the second you leave the room. I hate both forms of heat.

I'm from Arizona and have spent more time in Phoenix and Tucson in Summer heat than I ever wanted to. It always floored me that people who live there and have lived there for their entire lives still felt the need to comment on the heat every time they left the house. You know it's hot. You fucking live there. Shut the fuck up about it already!

At any rate, I hate the heat, be it dry or otherwise. I grew up in San Diego and got very spoiled by it being in the 70's pretty much all year. You couldn't pay me to live in Phoenix, Tucson, Vegas, etc.
Image Image
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Mojo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm You couldn't pay me to live in Phoenix, Tucson, Vegas, etc.
To each their own. I wouldn't live anywhere other than the desert anymore. I LOVED living in Cave Creek/Scottsdale, almost as much as here in Vegas. The three driest cities (lowest dewpoints) in the US are Vegas, Denver, and Salt Lake City. Salt Lake City is boring, and Denver is a little too weather-crazy for me (90s one day, snow the next day in April), so Vegas it is.

Is there an ideal climate to you anywhere in the country/world? I don't think there is for most people.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Manhattan Beach sunset everyday is heaven
I made life choice “live in the post card” I love winning in life. Going to Whisky tonight: Friday Petco Park San Diego for hottest country show of year..70% hottest country girls on planet earth.

Vegas for week after San Diego

Gets cold or I see snow in mountains I never say “sure is cold!”

finish the story..that’s what I’m doing Cody
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Nate S Axel wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:15 pm Is there an ideal climate to you anywhere in the country/world? I don't think there is for most people.[/color][/size]
San Diego.
Image Image
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Nate S Axel wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:15 pm
Mojo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm You couldn't pay me to live in Phoenix, Tucson, Vegas, etc.
To each their own. I wouldn't live anywhere other than the desert anymore. I LOVED living in Cave Creek/Scottsdale, almost as much as here in Vegas. The three driest cities (lowest dewpoints) in the US are Vegas, Denver, and Salt Lake City. Salt Lake City is boring, and Denver is a little too weather-crazy for me (90s one day, snow the next day in April), so Vegas it is.

Is there an ideal climate to you anywhere in the country/world? I don't think there is for most people.
No there is not!
I have lived in Southern California for most of my life. When I was a kid, the temperature ranged from low 60's in the winter to high 80's (maybe of couple of 90's days) in the summer. But not this crazy weather we have now.
I spent many years in Northern California too. I feel like that's my sweet spot. Not that I would ever consider moving back. But the weather kinda works for me.
I hate the desert!!
I hate Las Vegas and Reno, where I spent a couple of years as a kid.
Didn't you move from the freezing midwest somewhere? I get why you love it.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Massive flooding here in Vermont. Lots of the state fucked up. Roads out of town in my town closed for now. I live on a hill so I've escaped so far. Still have power. Lots of towns around without though. We're due a break today and tomorrow and then more rain moves in although not supposed to be as much.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

And a campfire.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

After living in Tampa for 6 yrs and Phoenix for 4.
The saying is annoying, but true.
Rather it be 112 in Phoenix than 92 in Tampa.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Vermont seems like cool place to visit….floods should happen in states that don’t matter like Ohio
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:14 am After living in Tampa for 6 yrs and Phoenix for 4.
The saying is annoying, but true.
It's still fucking hot.

You can take a cheese grater to your balls, or you can wet your balls and then take a cheese grater to them. You're still taking a cheese grater to your balls. Durrrr it's a dry cheese grater to the balls!
Image Image
VinnieVincentsVag

Definitely makes a difference if you work outside.
Sweating balls in Florida = soaking wet underwear and constant sweat dripping in your eyes
Arizona the sweat evaporates before it even hits your eyes. Underwear much better.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Metal Sludge wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:12 pm Didn't you move from the freezing midwest somewhere? I get why you love it.
Minnesooooooota. In addition to the heat and humidity, we got the "best of both worlds" with the subzero windchills as well. Even if you just had to walk a few blocks, it felt like the wind would "burn" your skin. However, that's how much I couldn't stand the heat and humidity though, because if I had to choose one extreme I'd have taken the winter weather over a dewpoint in the 60s-70s+ anytime. I still just remember both of those feelings clearly, so you're right. That's why I love where I live in Vegas now -- weather PLUS everything there is to do.
VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:14 am The saying is annoying, but true.
Anytime! The weather app I use shows the dewpoint first. That's more important to me. I already know summertime is hot in the southwest, but it feels good, and then every night it feels perfect. Since it seems to be more of a psychological thing for some, let me say it a few more times to see if there's a breakdown. IT'S DRY HEAT... IT'S DRY HEAT... IT'S DRY HEEEEEEEAT!
Olivia Sophia
Recording Your Demo

Post by Olivia Sophia »

Phoenix, 116, blackout, hundreds die
VinnieVincentsVag

Olivia Sophia wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:45 pm Phoenix, 116, blackout, hundreds die
:?
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

You haven’t lived in Houston.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Grendel wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:05 pm You haven’t lived in Houston.
I'm well aware of humidity.
Image Image
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Mojo wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:12 pm
I had to be certain.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Mojo wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:12 pm
It's said you are quite the humiditarian.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.