Toys that looked cool but actually sucked

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Toys that looked cool but actually sucked

Post by Grendel »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Toys that looked cool but actually sucked

Post by Turner Coates »

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Olivia Sophia
Recording Your Demo

Post by Olivia Sophia »

Spyrograph
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Engine13
Headlining Clubs

Post by Engine13 »

The Evel Knievel Stunt cycle has gotten a lot of llove lately because of the vids of middle aged men playing with them.
Those fucking things would fall on their side as soon as it left the ramp. You ended up wearing the knees out of your jeans crawling on the floor pushing it with your hand.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

TooOldToCare wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:42 am Image
I have never seen the Hugo doll before, but I assume a windowless van with the promise of puppies and/or candy inside was an optional accessory?
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:38 pm Image
Those aren't "toys", they're "collectable action figures" goddammit. :lol:
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Wild Obsession wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:24 am
I have never seen the Hugo doll before, but I assume a windowless van with the promise of puppies and/or candy inside was an optional accessory?
Right? I remember getting the Sears or Penney's "wishbook" close to Christmas as a kid and circling everything I want. This abomination was on my list though I never got it. And had I, I'm sure it would have been at the bottom of my toybox quickly. It's stupid and boring. Same with Stretch Armstrong. A silicone bodybuilder-like figure that you can stretch. Woowee...how amazing. Yet, I wanted that too.
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Engine13 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:53 am The Evel Knievel Stunt cycle has gotten a lot of llove lately because of the vids of middle aged men playing with them.
Those fucking things would fall on their side as soon as it left the ramp. You ended up wearing the knees out of your jeans crawling on the floor pushing it with your hand.
Came in here to say exactly that.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

TooOldToCare wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:59 am
Right? I remember getting the Sears or Penney's "wishbook" close to Christmas as a kid and circling everything I want. This abomination was on my list though I never got it. And had I, I'm sure it would have been at the bottom of my toybox quickly. It's stupid and boring. Same with Stretch Armstrong. A silicone bodybuilder-like figure that you can stretch. Woowee...how amazing. Yet, I wanted that too.
I had Hugo. It was pretty sucky.

I did not have Stretch. One of my neighbors did. There was a limit to how far you could stretch him, btw.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:56 pm
TooOldToCare wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:59 am

I had Hugo. It was pretty sucky.

I did not have Stretch. One of my neighbors did. There was a limit to how far you could stretch him, btw.
🤣 And I'm sure whatever was inside Stretch was completely safe toxic ooze.

The best story I have about toys of that era was the Matel handheld sports games with the little red LED lines that represented players. My childhood best friend was convinced a box under the Christmas tree was the football game. He begged his authoritarian dad to open it early since he knew what it was at least 100x. His dad said if he asked one more time, he'd never get it. Being 10 yrs old, he asked one more time. So his dad threw it in the lit fireplace to burn up. My friend had a total meltdown, sobbing, laying on the floor kicking and screaming. Turned out to be a wrapped piece of 2x4 to teach him a lesson. I was dying. I wish we had video cameras or smartphones back then.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I like this NoHo Hank doll.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Beyotch_Knowles
Destiny's Bastard

Post by Beyotch_Knowles »

The Snoopy Snowcone machine never worked as easily as the commercials made it look. And my mom get tired of having to do the work so she threw it away.

I always wanted the Sit N Spin toy I saw on TV commercials, but my parents never bought me one. Did anyone else have one? Was it as easy as the commercials made it look?
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:38 pm Image
THEY MIGHT BE INSANE!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

TooOldToCare wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:42 am
Sucked!? CC Banana refused to live if he couldnt keep his!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:54 pm
I like this NoHo Hank doll.
The Barry doll and Old Fonzie will be available this Christmas.
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

Olivia Sophia wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:32 pm Spyrograph
Wrong!

My sibs and I made some cool trippy shit with that shit.
I bet there's and AI out there that could create the same thing for half the effort and none of the fun, though. So maybe you're right.
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Beyotch_Knowles wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:38 pm The Snoopy Snowcone machine never worked as easily as the commercials made it look. And my mom get tired of having to do the work so she threw it away.

I always wanted the Sit N Spin toy I saw on TV commercials, but my parents never bought me one. Did anyone else have one? Was it as easy as the commercials made it look?
Sit and Spin was awesome, I guess, because we(and I assume most other kids) would do it to see who could get the dizziest. Sort of like a beer bong for kids.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.