Texas Ranked as Worst State to Live In...

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Texas Ranked as Worst State to Live In...

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Texas Ranked as Worst State to Live In...

Post by HueyRamone »

Yes, but one of the metrics is inclusiveness in state laws such as reproductive rights, protections against discrimination and voting rights.

Republicans consider a low score in this metric good.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Hey, Louisiana moved up a notch!!!

Fuckin' A!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:59 pm Yes, but one of the metrics is inclusiveness in state laws such as reproductive rights, protections against discrimination and voting rights.

The only people who care about those sort of things are women, gays and non-Aryans. Who gives a damn what they think?
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:59 pm Yes, but one of the metrics is inclusiveness in state laws such as reproductive rights, protections against discrimination and voting rights.

... and a high crime rate just proves that they are tough on crime, right? People get caught for things that would be legal in liberal states...
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Love_Industry wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:15 am

... and a high crime rate just proves that they are tough on crime, right? People get caught for things that would be legal in liberal states...
No, a high crime rate means the libs in DC are allowing illegals to stream across the border and commit crimes, necessitating a shitload of shootin irons for the good folk.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

New Jersey is the worst state in the U.S. by a mile.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

I just moved here a few weeks ago and I like it so far. The heat is a bitch but I'm getting used to it. The people are friendly, the food is good, traffic isn't horrible and the cost of living is a lot cheaper than it was it in Colorado.
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

I live here - can't think that Mississippi is better.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I've enjoyed Texas every time I've been. It's a beautiful state with a ton of variety of landscapes, ecosystems, cultures, etc. It's like California in that it has so much going for it, but the politics ruin it. But also like California, you can live there and love it and just not interact with those politics. It's pretty easy.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Charles Bukaki wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:00 am I just moved here a few weeks ago and I like it so far. The heat is a bitch but I'm getting used to it. The people are friendly, the food is good, traffic isn't horrible and the cost of living is a lot cheaper than it was it in Colorado.
Wheres my invite to go swimming!!
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

HueyRamone wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:29 am
Charles Bukaki wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:00 am I just moved here a few weeks ago and I like it so far. The heat is a bitch but I'm getting used to it. The people are friendly, the food is good, traffic isn't horrible and the cost of living is a lot cheaper than it was it in Colorado.
Wheres my invite to go swimming!!
Look at the Best Days Behind you thread.... lol
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

My parents are both from Texas. I’ve probably been to TX 25 times. Yeah…whack politics, but a cool place. Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, the Dakotas….gotta be much worse.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

My BFF Lives in Texas, in a very small town called Brownwood. I've been there 3 or 4 times, it's not the worst, but I'm just hanging with my BFF at her house.
She told me her brother lives in a town called White Settlement, which she rolled her eyes at and I cringed. It sounded super KKK, just hearing the name.
It's about halfway between Brownwood and Dallas.
When we were driving to Dallas, I saw the sign for White Settlement, and then I realized it could be an old family name or something like that.
She said, "it could be, but this is Texas and I've been here a while, and I'm just not ready to give them the benefit of that doubt!"
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Metal Sludge wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:26 pm When we were driving to Dallas, I saw the sign for White Settlement, and then I realized it could be an old family name or something like that.
She said, "it could be, but this is Texas and I've been here a while, and I'm just not ready to give them the benefit of that doubt!"
I found that there were parts of West Texas towns that were called "Mexican Town " and N****R Town."
It's where the best food was.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Metal Sludge wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:26 pm My BFF Lives in Texas, in a very small town called Brownwood. I've been there 3 or 4 times, it's not the worst, but I'm just hanging with my BFF at her house.
She told me her brother lives in a town called White Settlement, which she rolled her eyes at and I cringed. It sounded super KKK, just hearing the name.
It's about halfway between Brownwood and Dallas.
When we were driving to Dallas, I saw the sign for White Settlement, and then I realized it could be an old family name or something like that.
She's right.
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/13/us/a ... hange.html
ImageImage
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

It wasn't all that long ago that good old boy Rick Perry had to change the name of the family ranch. Or did he? Can't remember...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

I, as a born and raised Texan, have one thing to say about that...

DUH.
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

A lot of people are leaving OR to move there. Austin namely. Doesn't seem like the locals are happy about that..
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:37 pm A lot of people are leaving OR to move there. Austin namely. Doesn't seem like the locals are happy about that..
It's crowded and the traffic is awful now. There is a river that slices the city in two, and a limited number of bridges.
It's sorta like NYC, where a bicycle is often faster than a motorized vehicle.

woblinweebles

Post by woblinweebles »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:37 pm A lot of people are leaving OR to move there. Austin namely. Doesn't seem like the locals are happy about that..
I lived in Austin in the 90s and even then, the locals weren't too happy about that.

Still have family in and around Austin, so I go back semi regularly and the traffic is insane. Last time I was there, I got stuck in a traffic jam on I 35 on a Sunday afternoon that seemed to last forever.
TravisBicklesMohawk

So lousy public transportation? That's another reason.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:34 am New Jersey is the worst state in the U.S. by a mile.

Can confirm. I was born there. Even though it gave us "Bad Medicine," it's a true shithole country.

For some reason, people in my family keep moving from New Jersey (#3 Best) to South Carolina (#4 Worst). They clearly fucked up.

They should've at least gone with sunny, exotic Connecticut (#10 Best).

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:34 am New Jersey is the worst state in the U.S. by a mile.
The garden state?

TravisBicklesMohawk

The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

I notice all the worst 10 are hillbilly states. Not surprised, Republican lawmakers like to look after their citizens the least.

Meanwhile, Vermont was voted best. It mentions air quality which has been a bit rough recently thanks to the Canadian wildfires.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I used to think the talk about a "school to prison pipeline" was spin and hyperbole, but Texas is cutting to the chase and just turning schools into prisons aren't they?
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Mister Freeze wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:57 pm
I used to think the talk about a "school to prison pipeline" was spin and hyperbole, but Texas is cutting to the chase and just turning schools into prisons aren't they?
Far fewer guns in prisons than in schools, though.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Turner Coates wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:48 am
The garden state?
Jersey is worse than Connecticut? Dang.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Last edited by FreddyFender on Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.