My kid's purple talkingTeletubby said this twice!

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SikkiNixx
Sharing sandwiches with street kids

My kid's purple talkingTeletubby said this twice!

Post by SikkiNixx »

Its around 1998, my daughter was 2or 3.. Teletubbies were a big thing for kids and you could buy the 12" dolls that would say their associated tag line.. like Uh Oh, or TeHe or whatever they said... but a peculiar thing happened and I was just thinking about it this morning for some reason and I wonder if anyone else has had this happen..
So we're sitting around and the kids toy says like 4 or 5 different things.. randomly.. if you squeeze it, it'll say one of them.. but on 2 separate occasions, we all heard it.. that purple fucker screams out I CAME AGAIN!!! I CAME AGAIN!!!
How fucked up is that? It did it again but it was at least a year later... So the manufacturer fucks with the toys.. I guess.. like the IKEA catalogue with the family dog having a big old human boner in the centerfold.. the editors never caught it and it was circulated and we got one before they were recalled or whatever. You can Google the pic if you want, it was really funny actually..

Anyone else have a incident??? There's 3 other color teletubbies but the kid only played with the purple one for whatever reason.. I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 had some kind of ultra rare sound in them.
New World Under Attack
No Telling If We'll Make It Out
Or Turn To Black
krisholmes
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: My kid's purple talkingTeletubby said this twice!

Post by krisholmes »

Well, I'm glad you posted it here so we can do something, like organize a boycott or something1

What you're describing is typical covert gay brain washing, using things like purple toys and triangles.

This madness must be stopped right away.

Nah, just kidding. So this happed 25 years ago, and you remember it well? Good for you.
krisholmes
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by krisholmes »

BTW, I did google 'ikea dog erection"... Apparently it happened in 2006, right around the time you joined this board?

Could that be a coincident?
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

I think someone wrote that in 2004 and hit submit and it’s just gone through now.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/sto ... Id=5172981

https://www.ocregister.com/2008/10/21/d ... the-light/

My kids had both of these. What the toys said did sound like these phrases, but in a playing Stairway to Heaven backwards kind of way.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.