Earning A Living....

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Earning A Living....

Post by NeilC »

Hello, looking for any and all serious suggestions/opinions, etc. Hopefully I can get some serious answers on here as I know we may dig the same music but our socio economic status/environments are all different. Like my father always used to say" no one owes you a living", which I think most/many would agree on..but do you find it almost back-braking? I mean, to make a decent living? Like I feel if I am going to work for your company, I don't think $30/hr starting is a crazy amount to expect to make per hour, but I also know many-or am I wrong?-businesses can't afford to pay that amount. I live in a major U.S. City and I don't need to tell you how inflation is kicking my ass as I presumably expect it is for you, too. Am I whiny? Is it complaining too much that: I don't come from money really, and no money to my name, I am 50, not physically strong enough to go into the trades, couldn't bartend or waiter to save my life, hate doing sales as most of the time it is all about basically making your numbers. So..am I the only one who really, for the most part doesn't like working? Maybe I'm lazy compared to some/many of you who I am sure bust their ass and have nothing but horror stories about your life and how much you work( which I would actually be interested in hearing about). So, am I the "bad" guy? I'd like to think I'm courteous and respectful to just about everybody, don't commit crime, and and don't have a family of my own-and not even a girlfriend or a wife on the horizon. All I see ahead is just pure existence and barely getting by. Anyone else in a similar position or in crazy debt so you can't really leave your job? Whew! Okay. Enough of my yammering.
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: Earning A Living....

Post by Mikky_Five »

Try sports!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

I love seeing people failing in life even better on “Kik Tracee” message board

Maybe at age 17 figure out how to have dream life?
That’s what i did

50 and continuing to fail :lol:
😭 someone HELP ME 😭

I would recommend contacting Austin Theory and asking him about winning everyday- he is only 27
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

NeilC wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:27 am Hello, looking for any and all serious suggestions/opinions, etc. Hopefully I can get some serious answers on here as I know we may dig the same music but our socio economic status/environments are all different. Like my father always used to say" no one owes you a living", which I think most/many would agree on..but do you find it almost back-braking? I mean, to make a decent living? Like I feel if I am going to work for your company, I don't think $30/hr starting is a crazy amount to expect to make per hour, but I also know many-or am I wrong?-businesses can't afford to pay that amount. I live in a major U.S. City and I don't need to tell you how inflation is kicking my ass as I presumably expect it is for you, too. Am I whiny? Is it complaining too much that: I don't come from money really, and no money to my name, I am 50, not physically strong enough to go into the trades, couldn't bartend or waiter to save my life, hate doing sales as most of the time it is all about basically making your numbers. So..am I the only one who really, for the most part doesn't like working? Maybe I'm lazy compared to some/many of you who I am sure bust their ass and have nothing but horror stories about your life and how much you work( which I would actually be interested in hearing about). So, am I the "bad" guy? I'd like to think I'm courteous and respectful to just about everybody, don't commit crime, and and don't have a family of my own-and not even a girlfriend or a wife on the horizon. All I see ahead is just pure existence and barely getting by. Anyone else in a similar position or in crazy debt so you can't really leave your job? Whew! Okay. Enough of my yammering.
The first thing to do, if you want a decent job, is to learn about paragraphs!!! Jesus Christ!
Nobody likes to work! But we all have to do it. My first question is, you're 50. What have you been doing up until now?
Where do you live? This will define opportunities.
Even with zero debt, no one can leave their job. You still have to pay the rent!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Move to Hollywood at 50
Park Avenue is the new Skidrow
Tent setups on streets way nicer than apartments they block!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Chatsworth has wide sidewalks with plenty of room for a tent.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz