Earning A Living....

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Earning A Living....

Post by NeilC »

Hello, looking for any and all serious suggestions/opinions, etc. Hopefully I can get some serious answers on here as I know we may dig the same music but our socio economic status/environments are all different. Like my father always used to say" no one owes you a living", which I think most/many would agree on..but do you find it almost back-braking? I mean, to make a decent living? Like I feel if I am going to work for your company, I don't think $30/hr starting is a crazy amount to expect to make per hour, but I also know many-or am I wrong?-businesses can't afford to pay that amount. I live in a major U.S. City and I don't need to tell you how inflation is kicking my ass as I presumably expect it is for you, too. Am I whiny? Is it complaining too much that: I don't come from money really, and no money to my name, I am 50, not physically strong enough to go into the trades, couldn't bartend or waiter to save my life, hate doing sales as most of the time it is all about basically making your numbers. So..am I the only one who really, for the most part doesn't like working? Maybe I'm lazy compared to some/many of you who I am sure bust their ass and have nothing but horror stories about your life and how much you work( which I would actually be interested in hearing about). So, am I the "bad" guy? I'd like to think I'm courteous and respectful to just about everybody, don't commit crime, and and don't have a family of my own-and not even a girlfriend or a wife on the horizon. All I see ahead is just pure existence and barely getting by. Anyone else in a similar position or in crazy debt so you can't really leave your job? Whew! Okay. Enough of my yammering.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: Earning A Living....

Post by BDG135 »

You are paid based on how easily you can be replaced, not the difficulty of the job.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

You can start by learning to properly structure a sentence and a paragraph.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I'd say do what you love and money will follow, however, I hear the going rate for BJ's is pretty low right at the moment. But don't worry, you'll be back in your knees before you know it.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Get a sales job and make as much money as you can
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:40 pm Get a sales job and make as much money as you can
Do NOT do this. You'll have so much money coming in, you'll have no choice to blow it on the ugliest, stupidest and most expensive Tshirts you can find.

Do what I do. Get a good work From Home job that pays decent, and then delegate all your shit to other employees and vendors, and then sit around and Sludge all day. it really is the best of both worlds.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:39 pm
MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:40 pm Get a sales job and make as much money as you can
Do NOT do this. You'll have so much money coming in, you'll have no choice to blow it on the ugliest, stupidest and most expensive Tshirts you can find.

Do what I do. Get a good work From Home job that pays decent, and then delegate all your shit to other employees and vendors, and then sit around and Sludge all day. it really is the best of both worlds.
You know what it's worth.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

😆😆😆

Buddy it’s the best! I love sales it’s so much fun no manual labor work for the best group of people. I literally have fun at work every day. 😃
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:47 pm

😆😆😆

Buddy it’s the best! I love sales it’s so much fun no manual labor work for the best group of people. I literally have fun at work every day. 😃
Are you still #1 in your entire district? You should get two Rolexes.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Nate S Axel wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:30 pm

😆😆😆

I sure am! 💪
LAglamrocker wrote:
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

MattleyCrue wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:34 pm
Nate S Axel wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:30 pm

😆😆😆

I sure am! 💪
You could do some sales courses or videos on YouTube or TikTok. Some of them make good money doing that. Your SIDE HUSTLE (which will trigger 5 people on this forum saying that).

You can help teach NeilC how to sell himself, and not as a whore (which is likely his only option right now). He wants $30+ an hour, but so would hundreds of other applicants. So far all he posted was why he wouldn't and shouldn't get it. :lol:

https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Lobo wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:00 pm Image
You see this watch? That watch cost more than your car!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?