Ever have a celebrity come into your work?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: Ever have a celebrity come into your work?

Post by Indy_Rob »

Semi-celebrity. I waited tables part time at Bonefish Grill in 2003 and waited on Tom Griswold from the Bob and Tom Show. He was cool and friendly.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

LeeRatbag wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:57 am
Don't Damn Me wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:43 am I didn't think about my other jobs. At Peace Drums our endorsers came in often, including Steven Adler, Joey Scott from Lizzy Borden, Chad from LA Guns, dude from Cadillac Tramps, dude from Suicidal Tendencies, reality TV star Puck, and Punk band the Adicts...
Didn't know the Adicts were using Peace drums now, last time I saw em Kid had an old white Premier.
No, this would have been around 2008 maybe. I remember one of the guys shared my last name and since he's from England I joked we could be related. You never know. Cool guys.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Joey Pants doing some mental health awareness thing back in 09. Had him sign my Sopranos DVD Box Set.
Last edited by Inessence on Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Joey Pants doing some mental health awareness thing back in 09. Had him sign my Soprano DVD Set.
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

DP
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

:? :?
The Stench
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by The Stench »

Welp, since so many are mentioning "celebrities" I've never heard of I may as well throw mine out there. Film critic Jim Ferguson was a regular at the Taco Bell I was a manager at 30 years ago. He was kind of notorious for being a "movie quote whore" in that he would give good reviews for bad movies so that the marketing teams for those films would use his quotes on the poster. Nice enough guy though.
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

I’m lucky enough to play music for a living. While I tour a bit, when I’m home I have a standing Saturday and Sunday gig at a higher end establishment right in the heart of the city I live in.

Over the past few years I’ve had Jack White, guys from the band Chicago, Joe Jonas, the dude who played Darryl from the Walking Dead, Sportscenter hosts, Billy Gibbons, and even Kenny G watch me perform while they dined or hung out. (There’s been more but they are slipping my mind) I don’t say anything but most usually say something while we are on break and Jack White was awesome and a very good tipper!

I also play a bunch of corporate gigs (I’ve got 4 this week) where we we’ve even had to sign NDAs. One was for a very big celebrity couple that is outrageously famous and the party was really really lame. But we’ve also played for some television series wrap parties and those are always fun.

One of those a surprise actor actually came up while we are playing and I took a selfie with them….they were great but i was immediately told I can keep the picture but not to post it until the show aired unless I wanted to get sued by the channel! Lol
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Inessence wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:28 pmDP
Deep Purple came to your work? That's so cool!
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

I used to work at an electronics retailer in the Northeast, and we always had the local sports and news people in. I recognized some of them, said hello, and went about my day.
kreamygoodness
Headlining Clubs

Post by kreamygoodness »

I've met Lily Tomlin a few times at my work. She's always 100% humble and genuine; totally the best! The guy that played Ashy Larry on the Chappelle Show lives in my neighborhood. I see him walking his dog. He's nice.
LitaStrauss wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:57 am Nobody is out to get you. Get off line and stop reading bullshit.
TREVERLAST
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by TREVERLAST »

I ran a Halloween store for 10 years here in L.A. and I had Gilbert Gottfried come into my Universal Studios CityWalk location. He was looking at the 'sexy' female costumes. I told him "I think we have that in your size". He gave me a great big smile and then continued to browse. He didn't buy anything & never said a word.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

LadyJaneGrey wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:42 am The only one which I've encountered is Jean Fugett. Not being that much into sports, I didn't know who he was. He's a semi-regular customer at the library I work at, and he's always been pleasant any time I've interreacted with him.
He’s filthy rich! You should try to get him to be your sugar daddy!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:54 pm
LadyJaneGrey wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:42 am The only one which I've encountered is Jean Fugett. Not being that much into sports, I didn't know who he was. He's a semi-regular customer at the library I work at, and he's always been pleasant any time I've interreacted with him.
He’s filthy rich! You should try to get him to be your sugar daddy!
:lol: I'm way too old to be looking for a sugar daddy.