Whay are there only titties in a TV show's pilot?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Whay are there only titties in a TV show's pilot?

Post by HueyRamone »

Some examples I can think of:

Breaking bad - IIRC, Jesse has to jump out a window in the pilot and a baretitted chick is tossing out his clothes out after him

Glow - The main chick shows het tits in the locker room, and also while she's banging her friend's husband, and then never again on the show

Catch22 - Main guy doggystyles the officer's wife and then no titties ever again.

So what gives? I guess the obvious answer is that they're throwing in everything in the pilot to get the show greenlit, but if they're already onboard the tit express, why not putting some tits and banging in the rest of it? I mean, they want there to be a season 2, right?

Anyone notice this? Is it a thing?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Re: Whay are there only titties in a TV show's pilot?

Post by cowpins »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:42 am
Glow - The main chick shows het tits in the locker room, and also while she's banging her friend's husband, and then never again on the show
Damn right I noticed this!!!!! And the first season of Flake had titties, and zero there after. Great show, BTW.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

It's the Oberfelcher rule, an obscure part of the FCC code.
ImageImage
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

First episode of Stargate SG1 had some full frontal nudity, it’s usually edited out for repeats.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

The Facts Of Life with Blair and Natalie
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

LAglamrocker wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:01 am The Facts Of Life with Blair and Natalie
:lol:
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

glow:
In addition to the abundance of cleavage, pokies, and spandex wedgies, the first season of the series gave us some amazing nudity! Alison Brie kicked things off in the pilot by baring boobs and buns for the very first time while changing in a locker room and talking to Betty Gilpin! She also gave us a great look at her bouncing breasts while banging a dude later in the episode! Episode four brought us even more as Kate Nash went topless while changing and Sydelle Noel bared her pair while having sex with a guy!

Season two, which debuted in late June 2018, was not as skin-filled as season one, but it did give us plenty of sexy spandex fighting action. Betty Gilpin also does an amazing nude scene in episode seven, baring boobs and buns while in the shower! The season two finale also brought a nice look at Alison Brie's nips through a lacy bra, and a scene in a strip club featuring a topless Shakira Barrera!

https://www.mrskin.com/glow-nude-scenes-t56833
(link added so huey can blow his load)
Last edited by Kid-Wicked on Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

If it's a true pilot rather than just a first episode, it may have been made without knowing what channel it was going to end up on. Breaking Bad is a good example of this. They probably thought HBO were going to buy it and they'd want titties but it went to AMC who were probably like eh we're not really a titty channel.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Huey,let's talk double standard. Using Glow as an example, if it were a movie about male wrestlers, would nudity even be in the script? Fuck ya' it should be! Let's see some titties from the women the wrestlers are pile-driving horizontally!
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

cowpins wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:25 am Huey,let's talk double standard. Using Glow as an example, if it were a movie about male wrestlers, would nudity even be in the script? Fuck ya' it should be! Let's see some titties from the women the wrestlers are pile-driving horizontally!
I feel like I saw something recently, that didnt have titty, but had some big time weiner. Was it white lotus? I think that must have been it, the dude checking his cancer balls?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:39 pm glow:
In addition to the abundance of cleavage, pokies, and spandex wedgies, the first season of the series gave us some amazing nudity! Alison Brie kicked things off in the pilot by baring boobs and buns for the very first time while changing in a locker room and talking to Betty Gilpin! She also gave us a great look at her bouncing breasts while banging a dude later in the episode! Episode four brought us even more as Kate Nash went topless while changing and Sydelle Noel bared her pair while having sex with a guy!

Season two, which debuted in late June 2018, was not as skin-filled as season one, but it did give us plenty of sexy spandex fighting action. Betty Gilpin also does an amazing nude scene in episode seven, baring boobs and buns while in the shower! The season two finale also brought a nice look at Alison Brie's nips through a lacy bra, and a scene in a strip club featuring a topless Shakira Barrera!
You missed an exclamation point after "sexy spandex fighting action!"
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

Yeah, Glow had more, just had to hang in there. Mrs. Maisel is a prime example; Glorious first ep for boobies then nothing. That said, it was an amazing show up there with the best.
HueyRamone wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:48 am
cowpins wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:25 am
I feel like I saw something recently, that didnt have titty, but had some big time weiner. Was it white lotus? I think that must have been it, the dude checking his cancer balls?
White Lotus had that brunette chick with the big ones topless in a bedroom scene. Season 2 has glorious T & A from the Italian whore broad. (I use the term 'whore broad' with utmost respect)
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Game of Thrones had a lot of T&A in the first season.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Grendel wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:40 pm Game of Thrones had a lot of T&A in the first season.
Damn! I missed that!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Grendel wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:40 pm Game of Thrones had a lot of T&A in the first season.
NO!
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

sirthx2 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:51 am Yeah, Glow had more, just had to hang in there. Mrs. Maisel is a prime example; Glorious first ep for boobies then nothing. That said, it was an amazing show up there with the best.
cowpins wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:25 am
White Lotus had that brunette chick with the big ones topless in a bedroom scene. Season 2 has glorious T & A from the Italian whore broad. (I use the term 'whore broad' with utmost respect)
Alexandra Daddario?

She got topless in True Detective. Not the 1st episode as I recall.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Anybody remember NYPD Blue?

That show was famous for having ass scenes.

It drove me nuts back in the day.

They waited till like season five or something before they finally showed Dennis Franz’s ass.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

pieceofme wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:51 pm
sirthx2 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:51 am Yeah, Glow had more, just had to hang in there. Mrs. Maisel is a prime example; Glorious first ep for boobies then nothing. That said, it was an amazing show up there with the best.

Alexandra Daddario?

No, this chick:

sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

Alexandra Daddario?

Yeah, that's the one. She was indeed topless in WL. Not like daylight by the pool, but in bed w/ the husband. Darkish room, but still. And nothing.........NOTHING will ever beat that scene in True Detective.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Yeah, that first Sesame Street episode was wild.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Mojo wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:02 pm Yeah, that first Sesame Street episode was wild.
Your were obviously too young for Miss Kitty's titties in the Gunsmoke premiere. ..
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:39 am

Alexandra Daddario?

No, this chick:

HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

sirthx2 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:51 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:18 pm
Hey! Quit insulting that Italian whore broad!

And oh. yeah. shes totally gross.
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:53 pm
sirthx2 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:51 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:18 pm
Hey! Quit insulting that Italian whore broad!

And oh. yeah. shes totally gross.
Hmm. I never looked at her face before.