Been watchin' Miami Vice on Tubi...

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Been watchin' Miami Vice on Tubi...

Post by MickeyG »

Interesting to hear lots of music in the show that was straight off the charts at the time. And tons of guest stars, highlights include Duran, Duran, Gene Simmons, Phil Collins, Uncle Ped, and Glen Frey. Still on season 2 so plenty to go yet.

Other things to mention include Crockett quit smoking in season 2, his pet croc seems to have disappeared, I'd forgotten about his Ferrari and Tubbs firearm of choice seems to be a short pump action shotgun.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Been watchin' Miami Vice on Tubi...

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

That show was super popular. I thought it was fucking terrible. Watched it occasionally because everyone seemed to love it. Stupid plots. Atrocious acting. Just a horrible show.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I don't even remember it but a bit curious now with Narco chic in full force and being one of my favorite academic subjects the last 20 years or so.

But would also highly recommend Cocaine Cowboys Reloaded. It's a documentary on the era but as fast paced as any action film. I never get tired of it.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

I recall being in grade school and the episodes where Sheena Easton made her debut on the show as Crockett’s girlfriend. My parents offered me out of the room during their lascivious love scenes. Got a love mid 1980s kink.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

One of the greatest shows of the entire 80's. I love Miami Vice. That Phil Collins episode is an all-time classic of television, IMO.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:23 pm I recall being in grade school and the episodes where Sheena Easton made her debut on the show as Crockett’s girlfriend. My parents offered me out of the room during their lascivious love scenes. Got a love mid 1980s kink.
Not made it to this yet.

We watch it for maybe 20-25 mins before work everyday so I won't see it for a few days now. Not a big fan of the 2 other goofy cops in it or the Hispanic street dude or the huggy bear/Richard Prior guy. Gina and Trudy are cool though.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

MTV Cops.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:41 pm That show was super popular. I thought it was fucking terrible. Watched it occasionally because everyone seemed to love it. Stupid plots. Atrocious acting. Just a horrible show.
You forgot the horrible fashion. White blazers on men wearing $500.00 boat moccasins. Fucking awful.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

And the pastels... oh God, the pastels. I remember for senior prom the rental shop had Miami Vice tuxes in teal, lilac, and salmon... no, I did not.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
whiteowl yesterday
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:56 pm One of the greatest shows of the entire 80's. I love Miami Vice. That Phil Collins episode is an all-time classic of television, IMO.

this.great show.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

MickeyG wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:11 pm Interesting to hear lots of music in the show that was straight off the charts at the time.

I'm surprised they retained the rights to that stuff. I'd be worried it would get replaced with generic '80s rock - the kind you used to hear in Playboy home videos.

I tried watching Hill Street Blues a few years ago, thinking I'd appreciate it now as an adult. Was surprised at how slow it was compared to modern television.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:23 pm I recall being in grade school and the episodes where Sheena Easton made her debut on the show as Crockett’s girlfriend. My parents offered me out of the room during their lascivious love scenes. Got a love mid 1980s kink.
Remember when her death leads Crockett to turn bad and become his alter-ego Sonny BurneTT for about 4 or 5 episodes? He loses his memory so he starts doing coke, killing dealers and cops, and nails several women (including a young prime Julia Roberts). It's pretty amazing that just two cops from Dade County busted at least several hundred million dollars of drugs between '84 and '88. You'd think they would've gotten offered a promotion at some point to do a little federal work.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

MickeyG wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:11 pm Interesting to hear lots of music in the show that was straight off the charts at the time. And tons of guest stars, highlights include Duran, Duran, Gene Simmons, Phil Collins, Uncle Ped, and Glen Frey. Still on season 2 so plenty to go yet.

Other things to mention include Crockett quit smoking in season 2, his pet croc seems to have disappeared, I'd forgotten about his Ferrari and Tubbs firearm of choice seems to be a short pump action shotgun.

I rewatch all the seasons every few years. Best show ever and still holds up
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:41 pm That show was super popular. I thought it was fucking terrible. Watched it occasionally because everyone seemed to love it. Stupid plots. Atrocious acting. Just a horrible show.

Youre insane. Best show ever made, and still cool today
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:56 pm One of the greatest shows of the entire 80's. I love Miami Vice. That Phil Collins episode is an all-time classic of television, IMO.
Best show ever made
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:15 am

Was probably good for the time. Although it was more of a "trendy" thing to like. The acting, plots, and scripts were garbage.

Maybe it's the nostalgia factor for you? That makes sense. Or you're just not very intelligent. That meks sense too.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Fantastic show...

...for me to POOP on...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
tapsmiled

Post by tapsmiled »

The episode where they basically copied the movie Manhunter was fantastic. And the last scene of the final episode, when Bad Attitude from Honeymoon Suite cranks, is one of the coolest segments ever on television. Don Johnson kicked ass.
AngryAgain wrote:FUCK YOU LEPPARDCUNTIOWA - TAKE A WALK IN MY SHOES U PIECE OF SHIT
cookie wrote:last I checked you couldn't catch ecoli from your chuff.
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong wrote:Even clot-eating one armed push-upping cellphone carriers have standards.
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

It was a great show that eventually got cheesy, and then righted the ship for the end.

The list of recognizable guest stars who appeared on that show, some in the same episode (for example: Snipes and Paxton; Mortensen, Bening, and LD Phillips), is amazing.

Also, "Out Where The Buses Don't Run" is one of the best episodes of a network television show I've ever seen. Bruce McGill kills it.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

Who used to wear a sportcoat over a t-shirt?
HoldenSSV

Post by HoldenSSV »

Some of us did. :mrgreen:

They were the cheap-ass K-Mart or thrift store ones though.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:45 am Who used to wear a sportcoat over a t-shirt?
Mattley Crue did for sure. Maybe still does...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:23 am
Rocker4Real wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:45 am Who used to wear a sportcoat over a t-shirt?
Mattley Crue did for sure. Maybe still does...
Why would he want to cover up his rare expensive shirts?
HoldenSSV

Post by HoldenSSV »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:29 am Why would he want to cover up his rare expensive shirts?
Always a solid color underneath, never a concert shirt. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:35 am
TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:15 am

Was probably good for the time. Although it was more of a "trendy" thing to like. The acting, plots, and scripts were garbage.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I did one time to a co workers wedding. Plain black tee under a light gray suit. Definitely Miami Vice vibes 🤘🏽😝🤘🏽
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Still watching week day mornings before work. Saw the Paxton/Snipes episode recently. One of the old dudes from Oz was in it too. I think we are on season 3.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

So Miami Vice has expired on Tubi and my next goto was Amazon Prime but they want 1.99 an episode so they can do one. Pluto has it but only as a live channel.
HoldenSSV

Post by HoldenSSV »

MickeyG wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:31 pm So Miami Vice has expired on Tubi and my next goto was Amazon Prime but they want 1.99 an episode so they can do one. Pluto has it but only as a live channel.
I bought the Blu-ray box set years ago.