What's your goto energy drink?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

What's your goto energy drink?

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

What energy drink keeps you going? Redbull? Monster? Maybe Celsius or NOS? There are tons out there.

Do you drink daily? How many?

I typically have 2 Monster Zero (healthy) 16 Oz cans per day. I'm switching to Celsius (also healthy) tomorrow.

You???
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: What's your goto energy drink?

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Coffee, Coca-Cola...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Monster makes the best-tasting ones. You can get cheaper ones with the usual metallic taste at the dollar store.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Usually 3 of them in the morning. (3 servings, not 3 2liters) Each mixed with a Bubly. No use for coffee, red bull, or those bullshit 5hour thingies from the 7-11...
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

It's the easiest time in the history of humanity to exist and everyone needs energy drinks to get through their sedentary lives. Ridiculous.

That said, when I was on graveyard shift, I did pop the occasional 150mg caffeine pill that my coworker brought in. I had one of those 5 Hour Energy shot things once and I thought I was going to die.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Brewed Coffee, Chilled Espresso Drink, Emergen-C

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

Now we’re talking. I drink 4-6 energy drinks per day. I sleep fine, I’m never sick, healthy by every metric, and they just taste so goddamn good.

My all-time favorite is Full Throttle Fury, which was repacked as Orange Full Throttle. That came and gone.

I just started trying the Prime Energy Drinks a month ago after they started putting them in stores, and that’s my 1A go-to energy drink. The original flavor, orange mango, green lime, all amazing. Blue raspberry is eh, because that flavor is overdone in general. So damn good.

My 1B energy drink is Celsius Sparkling Grape. So smooth tasting.

Now they have electrolytes even, combined with all the no calories, no sugar crap that fat, unhealthy people need to consider.

I just like the taste. The caffeine never works on me. They’re relaxing to me like somebody smoking a cig.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Coffee. Diet Coke. Water.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Nate S Axel wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:53 pm Now we’re talking. I drink 4-6 energy drinks per day. I sleep fine, I’m never sick, healthy by every metric, and they just taste so goddamn good.

My all-time favorite is Full Throttle Fury, which was repacked as Orange Full Throttle. That came and gone.

I just started trying the Prime Energy Drinks a month ago after they started putting them in stores, and that’s my 1A go-to energy drink. The original flavor, orange mango, green lime, all amazing. Blue raspberry is eh, because that flavor is overdone in general. So damn good.

Now they have electrolytes even, combined with all the no calories, no sugar crap that fat, unhealthy people need to consider.

I just like the taste. The caffeine never works on me. They’re relaxing to me like somebody smoking a cig.
I'll see if they have Prime Energy. Ever tried Bang? I see a lot of people drinking those.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:02 pm
Nate S Axel wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:53 pm Now we’re talking. I drink 4-6 energy drinks per day. I sleep fine, I’m never sick, healthy by every metric, and they just taste so goddamn good.

I'll see if they have Prime Energy. Ever tried Bang? I see a lot of people drinking those.
Bang tastes horrible
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Coffee in the morning Gatorade Zero or Coca Cola Zero through the rest of the day and night. No need for the heart attack stuff at my age.

Hey Demon your very own local celebrity the legendary Ric Flair has a new one out. It’s called WOOOOO Energy. I double dog dare you to drink one.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I got on the Celsius kick a little over a month ago and learned that I don't need more than two a day, especially on an empty stomach. I also didn't like the idea of it giving me an artificial high and then wanting more. You know what's next....glue sticks.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Sugar free Redbull with a double shot of Jäegermeister
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

cowpins wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:29 pm I got on the Celsius kick a little over a month ago and learned that I don't need more than two a day, especially on an empty stomach. I also didn't like the idea of it giving me an artificial high and then wanting more. You know what's next....glue sticks.
Bought 8 this evening. Should be set for several days.

Glue sticks don't do shit. Airplane model glue is where it's at.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:02 pmI'll see if they have Prime Energy. Ever tried Bang? I see a lot of people drinking those.
Most places have the Prime hydration water, like Powerade/Gatorade. That’s where I first tried it, and once I saw the energy drinks it was game on.

I’ve tried every energy drink, at least that’s available in Vegas (or Minneapolis when I lived there).

I like a few Bang and Reign flavors, and if that’s the only ones available I’d survive, but the taste is too weak to me.

I know they’re sugar free, but it’s like the flavor is watered down too much.

Almost forgot about C4! Those are exceptional as well, but they stopped making my favorite flavors when they went too crazy with collaborations — Skittles and Starburst flavors? I just liked the plain old orange, lime, and cotton candy flavors.

Bang and Reign have cotton candy/carnival candy flavors, but again they’re too weak. When C4 made it, it was a sharper taste… and then they ditched it. The Blue Bomsicle flavor is everywhere, and I got tired of it awhile ago. When I drove through Southern Utah or Northern Arizona and see the C4 orange flavor, I’ll buy the entire row.

Same thing when I see Prime — original flavor, orange mango, lemon lime, or tropical punch — in that order. I order them on Amazon lately, because they’re only available at 711s in Vegas, and not the original flavor or orange mango. With shipping included, it’s cheaper than the cost per can.
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

eddie lee roth wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:14 pm Coffee in the morning Gatorade Zero or Coca Cola Zero through the rest of the day and night. No need for the heart attack stuff at my age.

Hey Demon your very own local celebrity the legendary Ric Flair has a new one out. It’s called WOOOOO Energy. I double dog dare you to drink one.
Haven't seen WOOOOO Energy. What's in it? Booze and coke?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Dunkin XL coffee in the morning then water all day then Gatorade Zero at night
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:03 pm
eddie lee roth wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:14 pm Coffee in the morning Gatorade Zero or Coca Cola Zero through the rest of the day and night. No need for the heart attack stuff at my age.

Haven't seen WOOOOO Energy. What's in it? Booze and coke?
Even worse than that. There’s reports it contains the same mushroom formula that caused the tv show The Last of Us. Bad shit best be careful.
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

They all taste the same to me.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

LeeRatbag wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:10 am They all taste the same to me.
Maybe you have COVID?
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Nate S Axel wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:21 am
LeeRatbag wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:10 am They all taste the same to me.
Maybe you have COVID?
They all tasted the same before COVID existed.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

Sugar free Red Bull or the white carb free Monster because I really care about my health. I'm down to 2 a week these days and hope to add it to the list of vices I've left behind soon along with cigarettes, weed, soda and sweets of all kinds.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

ZOA... The Rocks brand.... daily. They make me look like him. But seriously, they are pretty healthy compared to everything else on the market. I get the 16oz cans by the cash from Amazon. Superberry is the best.

I mix in Monster Zero once or twice a week. Usually crack a can at 1:40pm weekdays. I can have any variety as late as 7:00pm and have no issue going to sleep at 9:00pm. I don't "need" energy drinks, but I like them.
itdoesntmatter
Headlining Clubs

Post by itdoesntmatter »

I have the small coffee maker and make one "pot" early in my day. About halfway through I have a preworkout drink mix. I cut way back on caffeine. Used to do Bang/Reign/Hyde all the time. 300-420mg a pop. Too much. Caffeine is effective but too much is dehydrating and causes bad sides, same with some other ingredients in pres and energy drinks that cause itching, etc.

Number one answer to this is really water. I watch a lot of these youtube fitness and "manly" motivational types - mostly just for fun. One of the guys said he drinks 30 ounces of water every day when he wakes up. I started doing that and noticed I was a lot more regular, made fewer trips to the urinal during the day, and woke up way sooner. Another thing I do that's recommended by many is to get outside in the "sun" at least a little bit every day, even if it's snowing. There are little things you can do to sort of set your clock and get in your rhythm. At a certain point if you need to rely too much on energy drinks you problem are missing something basic from your life like sleep, water, food.
itdoesntmatter
Headlining Clubs

Post by itdoesntmatter »

Mojo wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:50 pm It's the easiest time in the history of humanity to exist and everyone needs energy drinks to get through their sedentary lives. Ridiculous.

That said, when I was on graveyard shift, I did pop the occasional 150mg caffeine pill that my coworker brought in. I had one of those 5 Hour Energy shot things once and I thought I was going to die.
I don't have a sedentary life, but I guess most people do. I keep a bottle of caffeine pills handy just in case. Have the 200mg Jet Alert extra strength you can get at any grocery store (walmart and others have a generic). Sometimes I cut one in half. Just if needed. The pills are great because you can just drink it with water and not deal with some disgusting beverage (the one post here about energy drinks being "weak" tasting is just foreign to me - most non-water drinks are very strong and gross tasting to me) witha side of gas and aftertaste, etc. Just pure caffeine.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

i drink a lot of water every day and maybe on 12 ounce redbull. not sugar free..that stuff makes my shoulders hurt.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

itdoesntmatter wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:04 am I don't have a sedentary life, but I guess most people do. I keep a bottle of caffeine pills handy just in case. Have the 200mg Jet Alert extra strength you can get at any grocery store (walmart and others have a generic). Sometimes I cut one in half. Just if needed. The pills are great because you can just drink it with water and not deal with some disgusting beverage (the one post here about energy drinks being "weak" tasting is just foreign to me - most non-water drinks are very strong and gross tasting to me) witha side of gas and aftertaste, etc. Just pure caffeine.
Yeah, if I'm going to use caffeine, I'd much rather use the pills. Seems like the cleanest way to do it. Also, energy drinks and coffee make me have to use the bathroom within ten minutes of ingestion, so...
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I have my hands wrapped around a nice, hot, steaming mug of Peet's Major Dickinson blend dark roast and it is GLORIOUS...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:46 am I have my hands wrapped around a nice, hot, steaming mug of Peet's Major Dickinson blend dark roast and it is GLORIOUS...
Not sure if you’re talking about coffee or jacking off.
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

never been a huge fan of energy drinks, but I enjoyed an occasional Coca-Cola energy drink before they were discontinued.