Your old-school tastes

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BDG135
Platinum Artist

Your old-school tastes

Post by BDG135 »

What are some of the old tastes you still have even when current stuff is really popular? Don't type music. That's obvious. My example is palemoon ebony fretboards on a guitar. They look blotchy, and ugly, to me. On the guitar boards I'm in, people drool all over how beautiful they are.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Your old-school tastes

Post by Wild Obsession »

BDG135 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:45 am What are some of the old tastes you still have even when current stuff is really popular? Don't type music. That's obvious. My example is palemoon ebony fretboards on a guitar. They look blotchy, and ugly, to me. On the guitar boards I'm in, people drool all over how beautiful they are.
I have never seen that type of fretboard before? I can kinda appreciate the close up picture/view, but from a distance it just look like someone drew with a sharpie/magic marker all over their neck.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Is it attached to a hot pink extra pointy guitar?
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

No matter what type of smart watch, Apple watch, fitness tracker stuff they come up with, I will always be partial to an old school Rolex or Tudor style Submariner-esque analog watch. i don't want all of that other smart shit. I've already got an iPhone.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

VHS tapes.

I will not give up my physical media dammit!!!

I also love vinyl. Who doesn't???
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Mojo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:37 am No matter what type of smart watch, Apple watch, fitness tracker stuff they come up with, I will always be partial to an old school Rolex or Tudor style Submariner-esque analog watch. i don't want all of that other smart shit. I've already got an iPhone.
Similar but lower budget - I've been wearing Casio digitals for forty years... :D
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Good ole' doubly ply TP hasn't ever let me down.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

I do like MILFs and cougars.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Mojo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:37 am No matter what type of smart watch, Apple watch, fitness tracker stuff they come up with, I will always be partial to an old school Rolex or Tudor style Submariner-esque analog watch. i don't want all of that other smart shit. I've already got an iPhone.
Think I'm gonna buy an Apple watch this week. Trying to figure out the one I need.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:15 am
Think I'm gonna buy an Apple watch this week. Trying to figure out the one I need.
Ask Siri!
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

LeeRatbag wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:38 am Similar but lower budget - I've been wearing Casio digitals for forty years... :D
I generally don’t like digital watches, but I wear one at work. So much easier to quickly see the time in a dark room as it has a better light, I can set alarms, etc. So I’ve sort of come around.
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:15 am Think I'm gonna buy an Apple watch this week. Trying to figure out the one I need.
Cool, Man. Enjoy! My girlfriend loves hers.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

I enjoy holding an actual book or magazine, as opposed to reading on any kind of device. The book smell, turning the pages. Much more engaging than scrolling on something.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Apple Watch is great perfect for multitasking at work. Can answer texts right from the watch without taking phone out of pocket. It really helps with my busy and I respond to text my voice. Big fan of Apple Watch!

I have been buying the same monthly planner for years. I have one for work stuff and and another one to keep track of all of my bills and events. Sure I can use my phone but I like a physical planner I can write on.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

Carbon fiber pool cue shafts have become a big thing in the last few years and it's a rabbit hole I'm not interested in going down. I have two cues, one that I've had for about 25 years and one I bought just before covid and the newer one took me about a year to really get used to. I don't play competitively as much as I used to anyway, there's a certain zen type feeling to shooting for a few hours at a time by myself with no distractions and nothing else to focus on, just rack after rack after rack and having to adapt to a whole new type of equipment would get in the way of that.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

mrsnikkisixx wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:19 pm I enjoy holding an actual book or magazine, as opposed to reading on any kind of device. The book smell, turning the pages. Much more engaging than scrolling on something.
Agreed. My eyes need a rest sometimes from staring at screens nonstop!!!

Books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, etc all take up a lot of space though. I’ve embraced digital out of necessity but physical copies are more meaningful.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Standard transmissions...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:47 pm
mrsnikkisixx wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:19 pm I enjoy holding an actual book or magazine, as opposed to reading on any kind of device. The book smell, turning the pages. Much more engaging than scrolling on something.

Books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, etc all take up a lot of space though. I’ve embraced digital out of necessity but physical copies are more meaningful.
Yes
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:23 pm
DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:47 pm

Yes
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

BDG135 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:45 am What are some of the old tastes you still have even when current stuff is really popular? Don't type music. That's obvious. My example is palemoon ebony fretboards on a guitar. They look blotchy, and ugly, to me. On the guitar boards I'm in, people drool all over how beautiful they are.
Never seen that shit before. Looks like ass.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Looks like it’s been in an ass.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Grendel wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:26 pm
Never seen that shit before. Looks like ass.
This was shared in a Facebook group today. Someone paid hundreds more for this fretboard.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz