R.I.P. Flyboy (David Emge)

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

R.I.P. Flyboy (David Emge)

Post by SeniorGrande »

https://www.pierrefuneralhome.com/obitu ... !/Obituary

David Michael Emge, 77, of Evansville, passed away Saturday, January 20, 2024 at the West River Health Campus.

David was born September 9, 1946 in Evansville to the late Richard Andrew and Gertrude Mary (Wipf) Emge. He was a member of the Boy Scout Troop at Sacred Heart and a proud Eagle Scout. David studied drama at the University of Evansville and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree. While attending U of E, David was drafted into the United States Army and served during the Vietnam War. David began his acting career on stage at the Pittsburgh Playhouse in 1971 and made his film debut in the lowbrow comedy “The Booby Hatch”. He briefly lived in Washington, D.C., where he performed in dinner theatre. In 1976, he moved to New York City. He was working as a chef in New York when he was cast as the helicopter pilot, Stephen, in George Romero’s, “Dawn of the Dead”. He was also cast in two other movies, “Basket Case 2” and “Hellmaster”.

Surviving David are three sisters, Sue (Bob) Berry, Kathleen (Bob) Wittgen and Barbara (Allen) Rexing and many nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews.

In addition to his parents, Dave was preceded in death by sisters, Sr. Judith Emge, OSB and Mary Pat Smead and brothers, Charles, Richard, Walter, Melvin Emge and by and infant brother, Wayne Emge.

There will be a Mass of Christian Burial held at 11:00 AM on Wednesday, January 24, 2024 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Burial will follow in St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery.

Friends may visit with the family from 10:00 AM until service time on Wednesday at Sacred Heart Church, 2701 W. Franklin Street.

David’s family extends a special thank you to the staff of West River Health Campus, especially Miranda, for all of their kind and considerate care.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Mater Dei High School, 1300 Harmony Way, Evansville, IN 47720.

Condolences may be made online at www.pierrefuneralhome.com.

To send flowers or a memorial gift to the family of David Michael Emge please visit our Sympathy Store.

TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: R.I.P. Flyboy (David Emge)

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Sad news.

Great character, great movie.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Re: R.I.P. Flyboy (David Emge)

Post by keyofgee »