How is business lately?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

How is business lately?

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Not going to get into specifics but things are SLOW at work lately. People are saying it's all pandemic related. How is your business/job doing? For me....
2020 we know about that
2021 booming year because everyone was back in action
2022 OK but not as good as 21
2023 slow!!!! Thanking God we are still in business and not on the unemployment line.
2024 are people still on holiday leave? No one is shopping for anything lately. maybe they spent all their money on Taylor Swift and Bruce Springsteen tickets. Is Stevie hiring? Maybe I can help package the Fist First vinyl and go to the post office for him.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Re: How is business lately?

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Media business is as nuts as ever. Ads ads ads.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

I’m very busy
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

It has slowed in the furniture business too. Apparently down 15% in 2023. So we are pushing new product to increase sales. Personally, I am busy as I am in engineering but production has slowed and will be slowing more except for when we have a sale, then we get an order boost.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Also in advertising and biz/promoters are back to spending.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I should’ve mentioned that I’m in retail/wholesale.

Seems like that is down everywhere yet somehow big purchases are up. Nobody is buying jackets and jeans. They are buying Tesla cars and concert tickets instead.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:35 am I should’ve mentioned that I’m in retail/wholesale.

Seems like that is down everywhere yet somehow big purchases are up. Nobody is buying jackets and jeans. They are buying Tesla cars and concert tickets instead.
I’m buying denim regularly
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

MattleyCrue wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:12 pm
DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:35 am I should’ve mentioned that I’m in retail/wholesale.

I’m buying denim regularly
Buy more. He needs the money.
ImageImage
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Even before the Super Bowl, Formula 1, National Rodeo Finals... and everything else that comes here, Las Vegas is the only city where its urban/Downtown recovery not only recovered to 2019 levels, but surpassed it. The other cities in the top 10 (but below 100%) are El Paso, San Jose, Bakersfield, Oklahoma City, Miami, Tucson, Mississauga(?), Phoenix, and Wichita.

https://downtownrecovery.com/charts/rankings
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

I work for a general contractor that builds high end custom homes.
We didn't slow down in 2020, and it's only been better since.
Insanely rich people are not bothered by a little pandemic! They want what they want.
In fact, we finished one house in 2021, the owners lived in it for 8 or 9 months, and sold it! They didn't even live in it for as long as it took us to remodel it!
They sold it to an even richer person, and we are literally remodeling it again! :lol:
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

I’m a circulation attendant at a public library, and I’d say that “business” for us is definitely slower than it was before the pandemic. I couldn’t speak for every library in our system, but at my particular branch, we’re not getting as many people coming in for programs and story times, and it’s rare that our Internet-access computers are all being used.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Raleigh/Durham NC.......business is "balls to the wall", basically anyone who can afford to leave any of the "Liberal Utopias", are moving here (unfortunately they bring the same ideals that ruined their home States with them).
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Quiet right now. Its great. Watching the shield at work.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

End of the month grind. I need one more deal tomorrow.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

MattleyCrue wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:09 pm End of the month grind. I need one more deal tomorrow.
Are there any Leap Year Bonus offers? They won't find a deal THIS GOOD until 2028! I predict you'll sell three. I believe in MattHasCoolTattz.

On Fremont Street, anybody born on February 29th drinks for FREE tomorrow, courtesy of Derek Stevens (owner of Circa, Golden Gate, and The D).
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Nate S Axel wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:28 pm
MattleyCrue wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:09 pm End of the month grind. I need one more deal tomorrow.
Are there any Leap Year Bonus offers? They won't find a deal THIS GOOD until 2028! I predict you'll sell three. I believe in MattHasCoolTattz.

On Fremont Street, anybody born on February 29th drinks for FREE tomorrow, courtesy of Derek Stevens (owner of Circa, Golden Gate, and The D).
Love this leap year idea! I can definitely get creative with it. A hat trick tomorrow would be nice!
LAglamrocker wrote:
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MattleyCrue wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:08 pm

Love this leap year idea! I can definitely get creative with it. A hat trick tomorrow would be nice!
What do you do again? Sell kitchens?
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

pieceofme wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:57 pm
MattleyCrue wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:08 pm

What do you do again? Sell kitchens?
Sell cars 😃
LAglamrocker wrote:
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Wild Obsession wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:51 am Raleigh/Durham NC.......business is "balls to the wall", basically anyone who can afford to leave any of the "Liberal Utopias", are moving here (unfortunately they bring the same ideals that ruined their home States with them).
"Goddammit Cletus, those pesky Liberals want us to be nice to black people and gays. And some of them speaking out are women too! Don't they know the South was made for real white men only?"
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

GoodJudge wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:30 pm
Wild Obsession wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:51 am Raleigh/Durham NC.......business is "balls to the wall", basically anyone who can afford to leave any of the "Liberal Utopias", are moving here (unfortunately they bring the same ideals that ruined their home States with them).
"Goddammit Cletus, those pesky Liberals want us to be nice to black people and gays. And some of them speaking out are women too! Don't they know the South was made for real white men only?"
You sound like a racist and bigot by implying my comment had anything to do with race or sexual preference. It's about personal accountability and mutual respect. The south can't be that bad if all the liberals who voted to legalize weed, defund the police, DA's who are light on crime, etc, etc., are all flocking here because they no longer feel safe in their own homes.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:19 am
You sound like a racist and bigot by implying my comment had anything to do with race or sexual preference. It's about personal accountability and mutual respect. The south can't be that bad if all the liberals who voted to legalize weed, defund the police, DA's who are light on crime, etc, etc., are all flocking here because they no longer feel safe in their own homes.
This is an oversimplification. I know plenty of conservatives that LOVE to smoke weed. The other issues seem most prevalent in dense urban areas, which typically attract a younger, hipper, more liberal crowd. In other words you may be getting old and grumpy and need to move.

Anyhoo to get back on topic, business seems to be very stratified right now in my opinion. Clothing in particular is potentiality being impacted by a trend to move towards a more sustainable model, where you are buying higher quality-more durable items that last longer, so you're not tossing your clothes every other season (have you seen what happens to the clothes you give away?) https://www.gq.com/story/oliver-frankli ... nd-excerpt

It seems the key to successful businesses right now is to drastically increase efficiencies, think automation and/or AI helping this along with other things like more highly skilled workers You can do more things in less time with less people, which is more profitable. These are the businesses that will still be around in 5 years,
Last edited by EzyRider on Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:19 am
Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:19 am Image
:roll:
ImageImage
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

EzyRider wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:52 am It seems the key to successful businesses right now is to drastically increase efficiencies, think automation and/or AI helping this along with other things like more highly skilled workers You can do more things in less time with less people, which is more profitable. These are the businesses that will still be around in 5 years,
That is a great statement and I agree but it only applies to people who already have experience and expertise.

We are getting to a point now where there are so many people with limited knowledge and nobody training them. The TV show Bar Rescue is a great example of this. Companies are hiring unskilled people and managers are not being managers.

Companies are very fragmented and disjointed. Nobody takes responsibility for anything.

Like a lot of people, I deal with it because I have to. But it seems to be getting worse and worse.
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

I’m an electrical engineering tech for a major global connector company and I broke 6 figures last year. No degree, no certifications.

My industry is booming, my company is booming.
Thanks, Sleepy Joe!
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

Duplicate post