A Question For Any Historians

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

A Question For Any Historians

Post by NeilC »

Hi there. I am wondering if any fans of history can tell me what we should all expect in the next 10 years or so. As most of us can see, almost nothing is "working" properly anymore. Not the dollar, not Government, jobs or Marriage. I could go on and on. My point is, what times in history have mimmicked these times and what ends up happening? A new form of Government? Natural disaster? Seriously. Does anyone have any kind of "vision" for what next happens in our society?
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: A Question For Any Historians

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

What you're looking for is a prophet, not a historian. Where do you see this going, Nostrodumbass?
ImageImage
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Futurists tend to make bad predictions. Where are the flying cars?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

NeilC wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:52 am Hi there. I am wondering if any fans of history can tell me what we should all expect in the next 10 years or so. As most of us can see, almost nothing is "working" properly anymore. Not the dollar, not Government, jobs or Marriage. I could go on and on. My point is, what times in history have mimmicked these times and what ends up happening? A new form of Government? Natural disaster? Seriously. Does anyone have any kind of "vision" for what next happens in our society?
Go back 100 years, 50 years, etc. and you'd find lots of people saying the exact same thing as you are here. Nothing changes. Nothing has changed, people just have bigger bullhorns now.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Can't we all just get along?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:11 am What you're looking for is a prophet, not a historian. Where do you see this going, Nostrodumbass?
"Nostrodumbass"

:lol: :lol:

As Wednesday 13 Fan wisely devised above, every generation believes that they are the apocalyptic one. Stay off: the media if it's making you anxious; and/or alcohol/drugs to numb the pain of the past or the anxiety of the future. These enormous domains are beyond your control. Engage with the present, life happens now and it's beautiful, considering it can always be worse. The world continuously undergoes rapid changes, where static skill-sets and knowledge-base become obsolete, hence, continuous learning and adaptation is crucial. Set clear goals and continuously evolve through personal growth, i.e. cultivate new skills and knowledge. Refusal generally leads to a life of regret.

I truly hope you attain the desired positive outcomes in life.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

BDG135 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:12 am Futurists tend to make bad predictions. Where are the flying cars?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrZRYzZsOOs

I remember the world of tomorrow

I'm supposed to drive a flying car
I'm supposed to have a house on Mars
I'm supposed to live 200 years
I'm supposed to live, I'm supposed to live in

The future is now

Where's the office building two miles high?
And the ocean liner 12 blocks wide?
Where's the supertrain that’s solar powered
Average speed 600 miles an hour?
I'm supposed to get my eyesight back
I'm supposed to gain all things I lack
I'm supposed to live devoid of fears
I'm supposed to live, I'm supposed to live in

The future is now

Where's the better world that was declared
At the 1964 World's Fair?
Where's the only orb that's got a plan?
It's at EPCOT Center Disneyland
We're supposed to all drive flying cars
We're supposed to all have homes on Mars
We're supposed to live 200 years
We're supposed to live, we're supposed to live in

The future is now

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Technology is advancing faster compared to any other time.. so who the hell knows
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

NeilC wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:52 am Hi there. I am wondering if any fans of history can tell me what we should all expect in the next 10 years or so. As most of us can see, almost nothing is "working" properly anymore. Not the dollar, not Government, jobs or Marriage. I could go on and on. My point is, what times in history have mimmicked these times and what ends up happening? A new form of Government? Natural disaster? Seriously. Does anyone have any kind of "vision" for what next happens in our society?
Quasimodo predicted all of this!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

My history is same everyday
Life happiness everyday- -every month-every decade
I’m going to pro beach volleyball tournaments on beach May-November- with WWE events mixed in- with more fun Hollywood nights
I have zero stress no Peg Bundy- zero brats to raise- don’t stress over government no reason
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

LAglamrocker wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:39 pm My history is same everyday
Life happiness everyday- -every month-every decade
I’m going to pro beach volleyball tournaments on beach May-November- with WWE events mixed in- with more fun Hollywood nights
I have zero stress no Peg Bundy- zero brats to raise- don’t stress over government no reason
Are you independently wealthy?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Yea those beach volleyball days free
WWE events run 100$ night
Trader Joe meals run around 10$
Yea I’m basically the non famous Lance Eric lifestyle

Someday I’ll have enough cash for Tuff glam shirt with band on cover and songs on the back. Thats the life goal. I can dream because I’m not pussy-whipped from a Peg Bundy and pressure to do stupid things like planning 5 tickets for Disneyland days LOL!
Takes thousands 💰 to see Lita and Bach in same week in April.
#myhistory#historian#Dennysgrandslamnow$$$
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

What ends up happening? You log off and do something with the time you have left. In the first page of your posting history, you mentioned you're over 50, have never been married, have no kids (and don't want the "responsability"), voted for Trump, and have no employable skills or desire at all, even though you want to make over $30/hour.

It's easy to see why you think nothing is "working" properly when you're not. Some people just make bad choices, and some people just don't have it.

Nothing will happen, and nothing will change. You might be replaced by artificial intelligence, but aside from that, you have nothing to worry about. :lol:
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Gibsonite wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:55 pm
Quasimodo predicted all of this!
What are you doing, trying to create a little dysentery in the ranks?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

when I was a kid, paper sacks were bad and we needed to use plastic ones. We also were told by 1984 the earth would be without trees. Besides that. No on knows what the future holds, so live today. Sure, there are educated guesses, but still guesses.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Well, given the fact that a good deal of Americans have no problem supporting an unhinged lunatic for President again, perhaps the bad times are not that far off.

Most of them are already here if you take a serious look.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Aerosmith87 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:03 pm Technology is advancing faster compared to any other time.. so who the hell knows
Some say that, and we are still flying in planes designed in the 1970s, listen to bands that peaked in the 1980s, mostly go on websites created in the 1990s and social media from the early 2000s, and wear clothes that look pretty much like the clothes we wore in 2010. Even smartphones don't look that different from those we had ten years ago.

Now imagine the person in 1989 who dressed like in 1970 and listened to music from 1930. Well at least he would never get into a plane from the 1920s....