Do you eat breakfast?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luigi
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Do you eat breakfast?

Post by Luigi »

And in that case, what do you eat?

My first meal everyday is always lunch. I am never hungry in the morning, so I figured it's better to eat the calories later in the day.
I never post when I'm sober.
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Re: Do you eat breakfast?

Post by Rocker4Real »

I have a packet of instant oatmeal. Sometimes that isn't enough and I eat a couple hours later.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

No. I will have coffee and a couple of pieces of fruit before lunch but that's usually it...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Almost never. Occasionally I'll eat a nutrigrain bar.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

During the week, rarely...... on the weekends (after I roll out of bed around 9:30 - 10), sometimes.
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

At weekends. I'm never up early enough during the week, but I love a hefty breakfast on a weekend. Saturdays is the Full English, Sunday I have a bagel with cheese, ham, mushrooms and onions.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Almost never unless I'm on vacation or at a friend's/family member's place.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

As the most important meal of the day at least twice.

Oatmeal with banana, blueberries, pecans and honey.

Was making an epic breakfast burrito around 3pm but lately sans tortilla. Filling enough that I can be out and about for evening activities and not tempted to spend $20 on dinner.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Yes. Normally weetabix. With fresh berries on if in season. An apple as well.

Sometimes banana pancake.

And occasionally oatmeal with berries.

And very rarely a fry up. Normally on the weekend if that does happen.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Nope. Always on a 16:8 fast every day. 3 square meals a day is a sure fire way to increase your BMI and weight once you hit your late 30’s going forward.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

never.
my only meal is later in the day
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

The one meal I just can't skip if I want to function during the day.
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

ParaDime77 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:41 pm Nope. Always on a 16:8 fast every day. 3 square meals a day is a sure fire way to increase your BMI and weight once you hit your late 30’s going forward.
Good boy!
I never post when I'm sober.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Southwestern eggbeaters and coffee
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Luigi wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:13 am And in that case, what do you eat?

My first meal everyday is always lunch. I am never hungry in the morning, so I figured it's better to eat the calories later in the day.
No. I have never wanted to eat breakfast.
Not even when I was a kid. When I was 11 or 12 and my parent's stopped making me. Even up until then, it was just cold cereal, instant oatmeal or a piece of toast.
They funny thing is, when I get to work, Monday thru Friday, I am starving by 10:00 AM, I try not to eat lunch until 11:45, the rest of the day seems too long if I eat too early. :lol: ...total work day head games!
But on weekends, I often don't eat until dinnertime.
I'm also not a snacker. I'm not opposed to snacking. But if I'm snacking, I'm just snacking. I'm not eating meals.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Most of the time, coffee/espresso/latte, made at home. If I get ambitious, I make 2-3 eggs or some of that Kodiak Protein Oatmeal. I'm not much of a morning eater.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

No.

I hope this information helps with your research.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

ParaDime77 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:41 pm Nope. Always on a 16:8 fast every day. 3 square meals a day is a sure fire way to increase your BMI and weight once you hit your late 30’s going forward.
I have definitely heard of this but how do you keep from being hungry all the time?

If I wake up at like 5am even the least bit, I can't get back to sleep unless I eat a bit of cereal or something.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

ijwthstd wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:28 am
I have definitely heard of this but how do you keep from being hungry all the time?

If I wake up at like 5am even the least bit, I can't get back to sleep unless I eat a bit of cereal or something.
I keep my eating to a 6 hour window each day. Lunch is 11:30 - dinner at 5:30. I eat very light at lunch and mildly fill up at dinner. My only evening snack consists of sugar free popsicles. A couple of days per month l like to fast for 24-36 hours to relax the gut and load on organs. The mind definitely wants the food, carbs, crunch and flavor profiles. However, the body does not require ti meet those needs everyday.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Today:I did not
Only meal just finished
3 enchiladas- extra guacamole 🥑
2 shredded beef tacos
1 medium pineapple lemonade thing
Good tip for college waitress
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

I drink coffee every morning. I only eat breakfast on my days off which are Friday and Sunday. I will generally eat a bagel those days. When I am at work I enjoy my 24 ounce extra large Dunkin coffee and if I get hungry, I eat a scoop of peanut butter because I keep a jar of JIF in my desk
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

ParaDime77 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:10 pm
ijwthstd wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:28 am

I keep my eating to a 6 hour window each day. Lunch is 11:30 - dinner at 5:30. I eat very light at lunch and mildly fill up at dinner. My only evening snack consists of sugar free popsicles. A couple of days per month l like to fast for 24-36 hours to relax the gut and load on organs. The mind definitely wants the food, carbs, crunch and flavor profiles. However, the body does not require ti meet those needs everyday.

Yeah I get that, I have always wanted to try that but ... yeah love to eat and always hungry. And now 155-160lbs when I prefer to be closer to 150. I feel it in my gut too though.

When I wake up I just can't wait to get the oatmeal. Then for lunch I make a massive gut busting breakfast burrito that keeps me satisfied long enough that if I go to a gig I am not tempted to spend $20 on dinner.

Gotta eat at least something if I wanna fall asleep so I eat dinner as late as possible.

I am the most undisplined person and I give in everywhere but it's the one thing I still kinda struggle with myself over and also the one reason me and my girlfriend can't live together - her place looked like the entire 7-11 junk food aisle.
Cindy Buzzedimisa
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

Yes, but I have to make myself. I'm not hungry in the morning either but I know if I don't have a few bites of something I will be ravenous come lunch time. Some granola stirred in yogurt or a banana makes a big difference in the overall calories I eat later. Weird how you can go to bed hungry but you wake up not hungry. It doesn't kick in until you've been awake a while.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:17 pm I drink coffee every morning. I only eat breakfast on my days off which are Friday and Sunday. I will generally eat a bagel those days. When I am at work I enjoy my 24 ounce extra large Dunkin coffee and if I get hungry, I eat a scoop of peanut butter because I keep a jar of JIF in my desk
Is is hard to move metal with peanut butter breath?
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557