Hey Biden . . . Ban TikTok, lose the election!

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Hey Biden . . . Ban TikTok, lose the election!

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

That is all . . . :x
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Hey Biden . . . Ban TikTok, lose the election!

Post by Love_Industry »

You're probably right. It's not only teens on there, all retired oldies seem to love tiktok and they can vote.
But it's still the right thing to do with a Chinese government owned (ok, partly) spying app with a propaganda official on the company's board.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

What about teemu? My dad is hooked on that! It's apparently tied to the Chinese Communist party and old people can't resist a deal! Yikes!!
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

Teens don’t vote. People 18-25 don’t vote much. No sweat for both parties.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
magnersman
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by magnersman »

Love_Industry wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:22 am You're probably right. It's not only teens on there, all retired oldies seem to love tiktok and they can vote.
But it's still the right thing to do with a Chinese government owned (ok, partly) spying app with a propaganda official on the company's board.
The chinese government does not own Tick Tock (Bytedance)
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Finally starting to like tik tok. I’ll be scrolling and seeing all sorts of interesting videos
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Tiktok is too nosy for me. It doesn't need to know my location, access my other stuff or install new stuff. I don't see why it needs to run at startup either.
ImageImage
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

MattleyCrue wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:09 pm Finally starting to like tik tok. I’ll be scrolling and seeing all sorts of interesting videos
Have you gone viral yet with any of your t-shirt reveals on Tik Tok? Do you upload them there too?

Is your Mazda dealership on Tik Tok? When are you going to become GM?
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Nate S Axel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:31 am
MattleyCrue wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:09 pm Finally starting to like tik tok. I’ll be scrolling and seeing all sorts of interesting videos
Have you gone viral yet with any of your t-shirt reveals on Tik Tok? Do you upload them there too?

Is your Mazda dealership on Tik Tok? When are you going to become GM?
I’ve put a couple of tik tok but tik tok doesn’t have a good hair metal song selection!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Fuck Tik-Tok. I watch Tik Toks when they become Instagram reels two weeks later, like a fucking adult.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Danzig in the Dark

No one is going to change their vote over Tiktok. No one's voting Trump because their source of puppies and bikini girl on trampoline videos is gone.

If they ban it, people will move to something else.

Besides, it's well on the path to enshittification. Something less enshittified would have replaced it anyways.
ImageImage
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

magnersman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:25 pm
Love_Industry wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:22 am You're probably right. It's not only teens on there, all retired oldies seem to love tiktok and they can vote.
The chinese government does not own Tick Tock (Bytedance)
This is one of Bytedance's investors
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Int ... tment_Fund
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

I can't imagine that any rational individual would consider 'the ban of TikTok' as a deciding factor or even as a minor influence to their voting strategy.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

skinni wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:20 am I can't imagine that any rational individual would consider 'the ban of TikTok' as a deciding factor or even as a minor influence to their voting strategy.
Years of veneration of a barefaced-lying shitbag snake-oil salesman, plus the Capitol attack and anything to do with Qanon shows there are an incredibly large number of irrational individuals in America. Some of them vote Democrat too, and every country has their share. Today's Doonesbury sums it up nicely: https://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/2024/03/24
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

I can almost bet the farm that it isn't Biden himself posting on tik tok or Instagram. It's his handlers. He probably can't fold an umbrella.
Press Pass
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by Press Pass »

If you are basing your vote based on some lame kid's app, instead of the issues that matter, you need a mental health check.
Seems to me the OP is lacking a brain cell or two.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Press Pass wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:50 am If you are basing your vote based on some lame kid's app, instead of the issues that matter, you need a mental health check.
What are some issues that matter?
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Danzig in the Dark

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:10 am
Press Pass wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:50 am If you are basing your vote based on some lame kid's app, instead of the issues that matter, you need a mental health check.
What are some issues that matter?
Hold your horses. Hannity isn't on yet.
ImageImage
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

keyofgee wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:38 am I can almost bet the farm that it isn't Biden himself posting on tik tok or Instagram. It's his handlers. He probably can't fold an umbrella.
He is in the right age group though. Tiktok is boomer central and insta and fb are not far behind.
tym
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by tym »

Stuff like this always makes me shake my head. Its like people believe the president is a dictator, and has magic powers, and can do and pass what ever laws he wishes.

They seem to forget, first it has to get through the house, and the senate, and even on some occasions, when they use the executive order route, you can be sure it will be challenged in court, and the court can say, yea, you cant do that or yes, thats fine.

From time to time, I see the whole, blame the president for gas prices. See that sometimes on my facebook page. Um, you must be a special kind of stupid. OPEC, sets the crude oil prices. Its kinda up to the countries that produce most of the crude oil how much they are gonna put out every day, and how much they want for a barrel of it.

Now it seems its the whole border thing. The border issue has been around for a long long time. Its never gonna stop. America is not some tiny island, if people wanna come to America, there gonna Come to America, and stay. Jesus, if your gonna bitch about politics. Educate yourself first, it just makes you look stupid.
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

tym wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:24 pm Stuff like this always makes me shake my head. Its like people believe the president is a dictator, and has magic powers, and can do and pass what ever laws he wishes.

They seem to forget, first it has to get through the house, and the senate, and even on some occasions, when they use the executive order route, you can be sure it will be challenged in court, and the court can say, yea, you cant do that or yes, thats fine.

From time to time, I see the whole, blame the president for gas prices. See that sometimes on my facebook page. Um, you must be a special kind of stupid. OPEC, sets the crude oil prices. Its kinda up to the countries that produce most of the crude oil how much they are gonna put out every day, and how much they want for a barrel of it.

Now it seems its the whole border thing. The border issue has been around for a long long time. Its never gonna stop. America is not some tiny island, if people wanna come to America, there gonna Come to America, and stay. Jesus, if your gonna bitch about politics. Educate yourself first, it just makes you look stupid.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

The main person who spearheaded this entire movement to ban TikTok is the same cunt who manages to get major, major backing behind her anti-abortion and anti-critical race theory campaigns. Typical xenophobic, Right wing bullshit. Yeah, there are Democrats in favor of it too, but it's mostly your typical freedom-loving book-banners doing the heavy lifting, here. Like Joe Biden gives a fuck.
Image Image
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Never been on it or twitter.
FB is enough bs for me.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:50 am Never been on it or twitter.
FB is enough bs for me.
I love me some Instagram, but have no desire to have a TikTok account.
Image Image
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Mojo wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:39 am
VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:50 am Never been on it or twitter.
FB is enough bs for me.
I love me some Instagram, but have no desire to have a TikTok account.
Never been on instagram either
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

tym wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:24 pm
Now it seems its the whole border thing. The border issue has been around for a long long time. Its never gonna stop. America is not some tiny island, if people wanna come to America, there gonna Come to America, and stay.
Seems like some people have figured it out. Make life poor, miserable and dangerous for those already in the country and nobody will want to come. I mean, Afghanistan and Somalia don't have a border problem, do they?
Danzig in the Dark

In order to save America, it became necessary to destroy it.
ImageImage