Princess Kate: Cancer diagnosis

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Princess Kate: Cancer diagnosis

Post by TooOldToCare »

ABC news just broke into March Madness with a video message from Kate stating she was diagnosed with cancer and began chemo in late February. I have no interest in the monarchy, but cancer fucking sucks. I lost my first wife 23 years ago from colon cancer that spread to her liver. She was 33. So yeah, I hate the disease.
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Princess Kate: Cancer diagnosis

Post by exitflagger »

Cancer is so random. You have this beautiful willowy woman who probably only eats the finest, carefully selected and prepared foods, and she gets cancer. Meanwhile, one specific fat orange turd eats Big Macs and KFC and drinks diet Coke by the gallon, been doing it for eons and is old as fuck... refuses to do everybody a favor by taking a dirt nap.

This world sucks.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Yup. My first wife was random. No family history. No physical symptoms. Went for an ultrasound for gallstones and they "saw something else." She was 31 at the time with a 1-year-old. Two and half years later, dead. The you see commercials and news stories from children's hospitals with 5 year olds dying from it. I'm not sure how people believe in a god. If one does, fine. I don't see it though.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

I don’t care
I care about Oakland in NCAA!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:36 am Yup. My first wife was random. No family history. No physical symptoms. Went for an ultrasound for gallstones and they "saw something else." She was 31 at the time with a 1-year-old. Two and half years later, dead. The you see commercials and news stories from children's hospitals with 5 year olds dying from it. I'm not sure how people believe in a god. If one does, fine. I don't see it though.
I lost a gig buddy to leukemia at 25. Am a bit worried at the moment as my wife was sent for a CT scan recently after the doctor 'had concerns' after a recent multi-blood test. We don't know why but apparently the doctor should get results next week. Maybe it's just 'to be sure' as I had one on my heart a while back - nothing found thankfully. But still...
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

GoodJudge wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:21 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:36 am Yup. My first wife was random. No family history. No physical symptoms. Went for an ultrasound for gallstones and they "saw something else." She was 31 at the time with a 1-year-old. Two and half years later, dead. The you see commercials and news stories from children's hospitals with 5 year olds dying from it. I'm not sure how people believe in a god. If one does, fine. I don't see it though.
I lost a gig buddy to leukemia at 25. Am a bit worried at the moment as my wife was sent for a CT scan recently after the doctor 'had concerns' after a recent multi-blood test. We don't know why but apparently the doctor should get results next week. Maybe it's just 'to be sure' as I had one on my heart a while back - nothing found thankfully. But still...
I wish you good luck.

On the other side of the topic how is this Princess Kate news going over in your country?
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Sadly this sucks. She's my second favorite princess...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

eddie lee roth wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:37 pm
GoodJudge wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:21 am
I wish you good luck.

On the other side of the topic how is this Princess Kate news going over in your country?
Thank you.

I'm sure the the tabloid papers will be full of it tomorrow, pages 1-20 at least. And for months to come. I'm actually abroad right now, back tomorrow, and I mostly ignore that part of the press anyway, but they've been doing everything they can in recent months to sniff out the story out of fake 'concern'. There was a story just yesterday of unauthorised hospital staff supposedly accessing her medical records. It was obvious that someone had been promised a big payout by one of the newspapers. That's no doubt why she chose to break the news on her own terms today.

I just see a young mother of 3 young children with a horrible disease trying to do her best for herself and her family, like anyone would in that position, except 99.9999% of us don't have paparazzi scum following us every time we so much as step outside.