So When Can A Man Cry Now?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: So When Can A Man Cry Now?

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:03 pm whenever the fuck you have to.
not WANT to.
HAVE to.
the "have" can be different for everyone.
What if it's his party?
ImageImage
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

keyofgee wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:35 am my dad was murdered when I was 17 months old. I cant watch anything "dad" related without tearing up. Sometimes almost to sobbing. So I hide my face from my wife if she is in the room. She knows it happens but we don't talk about it. yea, its messed it but movies like Jack Frost, Ghost Busters Afterlife is another one. Damn Men in black got me too...

let the haters hate..
It might be healthy to talk about it with her. But she is your spouse, if her judgment call is not to, she likely believes that's best.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

I saw a room full of grown-ass men crying while watching the Green Mile.

That's totally acceptable . . . 8)
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:18 am
not WANT to.
HAVE to.
What if it's his party?
If it's his party, he can cry if he wants to. Everyone knows that. I don't think that's gender specific.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Metal Sludge wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:09 pm
not WANT to.
HAVE to.
What if it's his party?
If it's his party, he can cry if he wants to. Everyone knows that. I don't think that's gender specific.

i believe the party was thrown by a female.seeing as the song came out in 1963 i doubt johnny was swinging from both sides of the plate.
exhibit A: the rest of the lyrics.....

Nobody knows where my Johnny has gone
But Judy left the same time
Why was he holding her hand
When he's supposed to be mine?

Play all my records, keep dancing all night
But leave me alone for awhile
'Til Johnny's dancing with me
I've got no reason to smile

Judy and Johnny just walked through the door (walked through the door)
Like a queen with her king
Oh, what a birthday surprise
Judy's wearing his ring
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:13 pm
What if it's his party?

i believe the party was thrown by a female.seeing as the song came out in 1963 i doubt johnny was swinging from both sides of the plate.

Judy's wearing his ring
I know the lyrics.
Yeah it was, but if it was Johnny's party he could cry if he wants to.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Metal Sludge wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:51 pm

Judy's wearing his ring
I know the lyrics.
i was just pointing out it WAS gender specific. so johnny should man up. it's just a party.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I cried twice in a matter of three days.

First this past Friday night during Paul Heyman’s WWE HOF speech.

Then this past Sunday when the Tribal Chief Roman Reigns suffered his first loss.

He was the longest reigning WWE champion of the last five centuries.
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

I thought I knew a lot about WW2, but when I learned about what Hitler went through in that bunker...i mean finding out that Speer didn't go scorched earth like he was ordered to...how do you not feel for the guy? Especially since he decided that it was a good time, right then, to settle down and make Ava his bride. It doesn't get much more romantic than that.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Ryan81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:51 pm I thought I knew a lot about WW2, but when I learned about what Hitler went through in that bunker...i mean finding out that Speer didn't go scorched earth like he was ordered to...how do you not feel for the guy? Especially since he decided that it was a good time, right then, to settle down and make Ava his bride. It doesn't get much more romantic than that.
You should have seen him when he bought Ratt tickets for Eva and him and found out it was just Bobby and a bunch of scabs.
ImageImage
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 am
Ryan81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:51 pm I thought I knew a lot about WW2, but when I learned about what Hitler went through in that bunker...i mean finding out that Speer didn't go scorched earth like he was ordered to...how do you not feel for the guy? Especially since he decided that it was a good time, right then, to settle down and make Ava his bride. It doesn't get much more romantic than that.
You should have seen him when he bought Ratt tickets for Eva and him and found out it was just Bobby and a bunch of scabs.
Maybe that’s why Hitler killed himself—or would have if B.J. Blazkowicz hadn’t gotten to him first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmTi5Oa ... VyIGRlYXRo
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:33 pm
Metal Sludge wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:51 pm

Judy's wearing his ring
I know the lyrics.
i was just pointing out it WAS gender specific. so johnny should man up. it's just a party.
Damn, never noticed it before, but that song goes hard.

Kind of an earlier version of Chuck E's In Love.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:19 am
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 am
Maybe that’s why Hitler killed himself—or would have if B.J. Blazkowicz hadn’t gotten to him first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmTi5Oa ... VyIGRlYXRo
Those are great games! The last one with B.J's daughters was kind of a letdown though.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Never mind something "heavy", I tear up over Lifetime movies and re-runs of the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie, etc......... :oops:

I had some type of midlife depression 5 or 6 years ago, (my grandmother died, and it was the first time I had been back home since my younger sister and mother in law had died) and I think it all just kind of hit me?, that "depression" lasted for a couple years.......I feel like I'm more emotional now......

I look to these streetwise bad boys whenever "I Don't Wanna Cry No More".......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogagsNEKmNg
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:34 am Never mind something "heavy", I tear up over Lifetime movies and re-runs of the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie, etc......... :oops:

I had some type of midlife depression 5 or 6 years ago, (my grandmother died, and it was the first time I had been back home since my younger sister and mother in law had died) and I think it all just kind of hit me?, that "depression" lasted for a couple years.......I feel like I'm more emotional now......

I knew what that was before I even clicked on it. I’m surprised it didn’t get any HBB airplay because it’s a bit underrated for a glam metal song.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 am
Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:34 am Never mind something "heavy", I tear up over Lifetime movies and re-runs of the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie, etc......... :oops:

I knew what that was before I even clicked on it. I’m surprised it didn’t get any HBB airplay because it’s a bit underrated for a glam metal song.
I figured the description of "streetwise bad boys" pretty much gave away who the band was.............
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 am
dmbrocker wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 am

I figured the description of "streetwise bad boys" pretty much gave away who the band was.............
It was actually the song title that gave it away, but yeah, they could be considered “streetwise bad boys” to a certain extent.