Stock trading account

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Stock trading account

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Ok. I’m putting $25,000 into a brokerage account this week. Purely to trade. No long term crap. Gonna use margin and options. Gonna take me a few days to sign the documents and get approval for option and margin trading. I’ll update my trades and balances here. Total transparency. I know I’ll be trading NVDL (leveraged Nvidia fund that trades at double what NVDA . Nvda goes up 3%? NVDL goes up 6%. Same going down. Looking at BLBD. The school bus company. Check the chart. Possibly AMD.

You guys have any stocks you like?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Stock trading account

Post by Nate S Axel »

Which brokerage did you choose? Do you have a charting platform? I use TradingView, which I would never go without, but StockCharts is great as well (and cheaper).

I run my scans on Sundays to add different stocks to my watchlist, and then I trade them throughout the week -- always scalping on day trades.

I can send you some of my preset stock screens on Finviz, which you can access everything useful for free.

Are you experienced with options? Be very careful, because that's the easiest way to burn an account.
https://www.last.fm/user/JustinDTLV

"Las Vegas is a world leader in nights you wish would never end."
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:06 pm Ok. I’m putting $25,000 into a brokerage account this week. Purely to trade. No long term crap. Gonna use margin and options. Gonna take me a few days to sign the documents and get approval for option and margin trading. I’ll update my trades and balances here. Total transparency. I know I’ll be trading NVDL (leveraged Nvidia fund that trades at double what NVDA . Nvda goes up 3%? NVDL goes up 6%. Same going down. Looking at BLBD. The school bus company. Check the chart. Possibly AMD.

You guys have any stocks you like?

You’re going to go broke! YOLO
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Demon, please give Nate your login info for the account. Glue sniffing and Faygo is more your thing.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Nate S Axel wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:03 pm Which brokerage did you choose? Do you have a charting platform? I use TradingView, which I would never go without, but StockCharts is great as well (and cheaper).

I run my scans on Sundays to add different stocks to my watchlist, and then I trade them throughout the week -- always scalping on day trades.

I can send you some of my preset stock screens on Finviz, which you can access everything useful for free.

Are you experienced with options? Be very careful, because that's the easiest way to burn an account.
I’m gonna sign up for Finviz. Never used it. My coworker does. He just showed it to me. Good stuff!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Are you familiar with Dan Zanger?

Chartpattern.com

Coworker subscribes to his service. Swears by it.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

As long as you aren't blindly following somebody else's picks, if it helps you learn, go for it. Just DO NOT waste time in chat rooms where everybody is spamming picks and waiting for the "expert" to drop some watchlist.

Remember that every time somebody makes a stock recommendation, by the time they tell you, they were already in it, and when everybody buys it, they'll trim their holdings and eventually sell. Plus, to get the perfect entry on a volatile stock, it can be the matter of seconds, so after they buy, spend a few seconds typing "BUY $BALLZ NOW!", and post it, by the time you see it and make the same move, it's too late. While you can make a little profit, they're the ones that make the most.

Successful "traders" don't spend hours in chat rooms, making recommendations to other traders, or selling courses. They're living their life offline, not online hand-holding n00bz who are going to YOLO their accounts. If you want to rely on another person or service to do the work, send "stock picks", or whatever, just come to Vegas and gamble, since it's similar chances of success.

Learn to read charts or scans yourself. If you just get the basics down, you can at least not LOSE money (cutting your losses quickly). You can get all the info you need for free -- Finviz, Morningstar, StockCharts scans, YouTube, etc. There's no reason to subscribe to anything, aside from chart platforms (Tradingview, StockCharts, etc.).

The hardest part to trading is honestly controlling your emotions. I'm not kidding in saying it took me over a decade to get that under control. Most of my 20s was spent losing money in the stock market. You can memorize every chart pattern, technical indicator, and subscribe to every platform, but you have to control your emotions -- greed, FOMO, over-trading, etc.

• Every time you make a trade, have your end goal in mind. When exactly are you going to sell? What's your price target? I don't care if a stock went up 150% today... as long as I was able to get a few bites, scalp my 5-10% a few times and lock in those profits.
  • If a stock is already up and everybody is in it, wait for the pullback or the next trade. There will always be another trade. Don't chase.
  • Don't over-trade because you're "bored". Wait for the RIGHT trades and positions.

DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Nate S Axel wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:32 am As long as you aren't blindly following somebody else's picks, if it helps you learn, go for it. Just DO NOT waste time in chat rooms where everybody is spamming picks and waiting for the "expert" to drop some watchlist.

Remember that every time somebody makes a stock recommendation, by the time they tell you, they were already in it, and when everybody buys it, they'll trim their holdings and eventually sell. Plus, to get the perfect entry on a volatile stock, it can be the matter of seconds, so after they buy, spend a few seconds typing "BUY $BALLZ NOW!", and post it, by the time you see it and make the same move, it's too late. While you can make a little profit, they're the ones that make the most.

Successful "traders" don't spend hours in chat rooms, making recommendations to other traders, or selling courses. They're living their life offline, not online hand-holding n00bz who are going to YOLO their accounts. If you want to rely on another person or service to do the work, send "stock picks", or whatever, just come to Vegas and gamble, since it's similar chances of success.

Learn to read charts or scans yourself. If you just get the basics down, you can at least not LOSE money (cutting your losses quickly). You can get all the info you need for free -- Finviz, Morningstar, StockCharts scans, YouTube, etc. There's no reason to subscribe to anything, aside from chart platforms (Tradingview, StockCharts, etc.).

The hardest part to trading is honestly controlling your emotions. I'm not kidding in saying it took me over a decade to get that under control. Most of my 20s was spent losing money in the stock market. You can memorize every chart pattern, technical indicator, and subscribe to every platform, but you have to control your emotions -- greed, FOMO, over-trading, etc.

• Every time you make a trade, have your end goal in mind. When exactly are you going to sell? What's your price target? I don't care if a stock went up 150% today... as long as I was able to get a few bites, scalp my 5-10% a few times and lock in those profits.
  • If a stock is already up and everybody is in it, wait for the pullback or the next trade. There will always be another trade. Don't chase.
  • Don't over-trade because you're "bored". Wait for the RIGHT trades and positions.
I know how to read charts and all that. I was a stockbroker before the .com bubble. Got out because of that same bubble! Just been ages since I’ve been really active personally. I’ve invested. But not actively trading multiple times per day.

Who do you trade through? I’m gonna use Schwab for now. My buddy uses Interactive Brokers.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:30 pm I know how to read charts and all that. I was a stockbroker before the .com bubble. Got out because of that same bubble! Just been ages since I’ve been really active personally. I’ve invested. But not actively trading multiple times per day.

Who do you trade through? I’m gonna use Schwab for now. My buddy uses Interactive Brokers.
Good choice! I love Schwab. I have everything with them -- trading accounts (margin AND cash), checking/savings, retirement accounts, and Schwab AMEX.

The trading executions on the mobile app are fast as well, which is huge. Sometimes I'll trade off the 1-second charts, so a second is a big deal.

Since Schwab acquired TD Ameritrade a few years ago, you also have access to ThinkOrSwim, which tons of traders love.

Horse Called War

Post by Horse Called War »

Here are a few to check out

VOO
KO
AVGO
CMG (chipotle 50/1 stock split)
Horse Called War

Post by Horse Called War »

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Looks like we got some Mr. Fancy Pants Big Britches Gordon Gekko motherfuckers represent up in this bitch.

About ready to grab my ice pick and stab somebody.