Romney-Palin in 2012?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Romney-Palin in 2012?

Post by SkyDog112046 »

There is now talk of a Romney-Palin ticket for 2012, at least from Sarah Palin. Hopefully Romney doesn't listen to the pollsters and finds himself a running mate with a brain. Romney would be my preferred candidate, but I couldn't vote for him with her on the ticket because she isn't remotely qualified.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_pol ... position=0

Conservative superstar Sarah Palin opened the door yesterday to joining forces with Mitt Romney for a 2012 White House run - a hot ticket that has some Republicans licking their chops at the prospect of unseating President Obama.

“Sounds pretty good,” Palin declared at yesterday’s Tea Party Express rally on the Common when asked about pairing up with the former Bay State governor - giving the idea a big thumbs-up as she left the stage after her headline speech.

Last night, as Palin stopped for cannoli at Mike’s Pastry in the North End, she said she was “serious” about the idea.

“I have a lot of respect for Mitt,” she told the Herald.

Asked who would be on top of the ticket, Palin roared, “Ha! I haven’t even thought that far ahead yet.”

Indeed, Palin said she hasn’t decided whether she’ll run in 2012 - with or without Romney.

Romney, a presumptive 2012 Republican presidential contender who recently embarked on a nationwide book tour, has not ruled out an alliance with Palin, the GOP’s 2008 vice presidential candidate.

“Mitt Romney respects Sarah Palin and he appreciates the contributions she makes to the party,” said Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom. “But his immediate focus is on helping Republicans win back the Congress in 2010.”

Some veteran political observers were intrigued by the notion of the two telegenic former GOP governors on the same ticket.

“They both have a lot they can offer a campaign,” said Douglas Lorenz, a California-based GOP consultant. “Romney has the experience as a governor and experience as a candidate for president, and when you combine that with Sarah Palin’s ability to get people motivated, that could definitely be a formidable ticket.”

Republican gubernatorial candidate Christy Mihos called the matchup “the best of both worlds.”

“They both come at it from totally different parts of the spectrum,” said Mihos, who attended yesterday’s Tea Party rally. “One deals on a gut level with people and the other is highly successful on the business end of things.”

Speaking before a rapt crowd estimated at 5,000, Palin squarely targeted Democrats, pounding away at Obama’s $787 billion stimulus package. She also lobbied for domestic oil drilling.

“I want to tell ’em, ‘Nah, we’ll keep clinging to our Constitution and our guns and religion - and you can keep the change,” Palin said, later adding, “Yeah, let’s drill, baby, drill; not stall, baby, stall - you betcha.”

Meanwhile, Palin said last night she had no hard feelings about U.S. Sen. Scott Brown’s decision to skip the rally. “He was in Washington doing his job,” she said.

State Treasurer Tim Cahill, who also is running for governor as an independent, joked that a prospective alliance between Palin and Romney would be “a good-looking ticket.”
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Re: Romney-Palin in 2012?

Post by JakeYonkel »

Shit, no.

Romney/Huckabee, yeah.

Palin.. go away.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

SkyDog112046 wrote:

“I want to tell ’em, ‘Nah, we’ll keep clinging to our Constitution and our guns and religion - and you can keep the change,” Palin said, later adding, “Yeah, let’s drill, baby, drill; not stall, baby, stall - you betcha.”

I wish this woman were dead.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

She appeals to the lowest common denominator of the right wing.

So stupid.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Romney will never take her.

Plus, I am not sure she's even going to really run.

I think she's just out there being the target and focus so the real candidate can gather his shit and not get smeared before he even announces.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

JakeYonkel wrote:She appeals to the lowest common denominator of the right wing.

So stupid.
Yeah, exactly. I am pretty conservative as are a good percentage of the people I associate with and I don't know a single one of them that likes Sarah Palin. It's certainly not the people in the middle that support her.

And strangely the only person I know who supported her before the 2008 election was a feminist that wanted a woman in the Whitehouse so badly that she voted for McCain/Palin based solely on gender.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I thought she initially seemed awesome. A young female candidate that could really represent middle America.

Then she started talking.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I work with about 20 people who would vote for her in a heartbeat. Seriously.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:

I think she's just out there being the target and focus so the real candidate can gather his shit and not get smeared before he even announces.
She's out there for one reason only: Being the face of the Tea Party has made her one rich cunt.

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't run, as she has learned first hand that her new occupation is far more profitable than public office. She might run for something to keep her name out there, but I doubt she really wants the job, or actually cares who gets it.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

She won't run. She has the perfect(for her) job: she's famous, getting rich and nothing useful or productive is required of her.
ImageImage
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

She's out there for one reason only: Being the face of the Tea Party has made her one rich cunt.

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't run, as she has learned first hand that her new occupation is far more profitable than public office. She might run for something to keep her name out there, but I doubt she really wants the job, or actually cares who gets it.
Well, of course it's about the money, but I have no doubt it's to also serve as a fake target as well, and it was probably pitched in a way to remind her how much $$ she stood to gain from doing it.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Meanwhile, Palin said last night she had no hard feelings about U.S. Sen. Scott Brown’s decision to skip the rally. “He was in Washington doing his job,” she said.

No....He really doesn't want to be associated with you and the Teabaggers..
Thebottomline
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Thebottomline »

Romney-Palin, Fuck that. I'm hoping for a Tim Pawlenty-Duncan Hunter ticket in 2012.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

The Repubs have to do something to get people to cross party lines or they're stuck with Obama again.

Sorry, but Palin ain't gonna make that happen.
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

Thebottomline wrote:Romney-Palin, Fuck that. I'm hoping for a Tim Pawlenty-Duncan Hunter ticket in 2012.

Who? (which is also what 90% of America would say if that's the Republican ticket)
Thebottomline
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Thebottomline »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:
Thebottomline wrote:Romney-Palin, Fuck that. I'm hoping for a Tim Pawlenty-Duncan Hunter ticket in 2012.

Who? (which is also what 90% of America would say if that's the Republican ticket)
First off thank you for proving my point that I have been making to some of the people I work with. Secondly I was just stating my choices for the 2012 presidential Republican ticket.

The problem with voters is they dont take a look at all the candiates that are running rather just voting for those who are talking the loudest with good words. But remember back in early 2007 people were saying Barack who? as well and look what happened there.

Duncan Hunter is actually my first choice for Republican nomination for the Presidential ticket but hardly anybody has heard of him. It's their own fault that they dont pay attention to all the candidates that are running and end up choosing someone that sucks. Btw I dont think John McCain sucks it was just his running mate that costed him the election. If John MCCain won the 2000 Republican presidential bid either him or Al Gore would have made a better president that George W. Bush and we wouldn't be in this mess we are in.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

Who ever the Republicans nominate to lose to Obama is fine with me.
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

imo, romney / huckabee tix would crush obama. i dont even think it would be close.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Drunk Kennedy wrote:imo, romney / huckabee tix would crush obama. i dont even think it would be close.
Dunno dude. From my vantage point it looks like it's going to be one legislative ass-kicking after another for the Republicans through this November now that the Democrats have grown a pair. I mean, right now they are actually opposing Wall Street reform which everyone in the country is for. If the Democrats don't lose too many seats in November it'll be more defeats for the Republicans.

Plus don't you have some weird religious dynamics going on with Romney and Huckabee? I can see a lot of people being spooked by that. And then you have the fact that Romney is actually making the rounds right now trying to explain why he is against the national version of Romneycare.

That being said, if the unemployment situation doesn't start improving soon or if it even gets worse, all bets are off!
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

You think this health care bill shit will HELP the Dems? I think it's pissed a lot of people off.

As for the idea that the Romney/Huck ticket would be too 'religious'... I guess that remains to be seen. Romney's a Mormon as we know and Huckabee's a Bible thumping Baptist. But as you know that does tend to connect well with a lot of people.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

JakeYonkel wrote:You think this health care bill shit will HELP the Dems? I think it's pissed a lot of people off.
Dunno. It's made people who already hated the Democrats even more pissed off. I'm not sure that will alter the equation that much. It's also fired up the Democratic base, which is very important for a midterm election. And like I said, it had the effect of convincing the Democrats that they can play hardball with the Republicans and win (legislatively speaking), and that will transfer into other legislative victories that could work to the Democrats' favor in November and in 2012, like Wall Street reform (which the Republicans must be insane to try and obstruct, but they're trying it anyway).
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Ugmo wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:You think this health care bill shit will HELP the Dems? I think it's pissed a lot of people off.
Dunno. It's made people who already hated the Democrats even more pissed off. I'm not sure that will alter the equation that much. It's also fired up the Democratic base, which is very important for a midterm election. And like I said, it had the effect of convincing the Democrats that they can play hardball with the Republicans and win (legislatively speaking), and that will transfer into other legislative victories that could work to the Democrats' favor in November and in 2012, like Wall Street reform (which the Republicans must be insane to try and obstruct, but they're trying it anyway).
I think the GOP obstructing financial reform is going to solidify the feeling that many people have that they are capitalist to the point of embracing corruption and collusion as capitalist tactics. Since these tactics end up hurting the middle class the most, ultimately this is going to increase opposition to the GOP. Many people will give up the pipedream that they could aascend to the ranks of the patricians, and realize that the economic upheavals generated by robber baron capitalism are harming everyone but the wealthy.
BigDrewHalenite
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by BigDrewHalenite »

As for the idea that the Romney/Huck ticket would be too 'religious'... I guess that remains to be seen. Romney's a Mormon as we know and Huckabee's a Bible thumping Baptist. But as you know that does tend to connect well with a lot of people.
I remember Huckabee bashing Mormons a few years ago. I would think that a Huckabee/Romney ticket wouldn't work because either they would have to ignore the 100 ton elephant (no pun intended) in the room--Huck bashes Mormons and Romney IS a Mormon, from a fairly prominent Mormon family--or Huck would have to take back his stand, which might come across as a bit flip-floppy to some. Either way, it would probably cause some real awkwardness if it were to happen. Which I don't think is going to happen.
chickenona wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!
chickenona
Pimp Jesus

Post by chickenona »

Drunk Kennedy wrote:imo, romney / huckabee tix would crush obama. i dont even think it would be close.
Romney? Maybe. Huckabee's weak sauce.
deathcurse wrote:The secret board you had with Itjogs. You talked about me obsessively on there. There were witnesses.
vaya con DIO

http://nevergetbusted.com/2010/
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

I think you are overstating her earnings and intentions a bit. The only real money she has made is from her book and her public speaking fees are average. I think she's out there because she honestly plans to run in 2012 and that she thinks she will be the frontrunner. I think she believes she could win.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

JakeYonkel wrote:Shit, no.

Romney/Huckabee, yeah.

Palin.. go away.
The country really doesn't need an unqualified sexy ass soccer mom president.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

If Romney does get the nomination in 12, it will be interesting to see the dems try to make fun of him for being a mormon without actually making fun of him for being a mormon.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

^^^^^^^^^^

That's easy. Just ask him what planet he's going to inherit when he kicks the bucket.
:lol:
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Nobody seems to be talking about Bobby Jindal - young, Catholic, conservative enough on issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage to appeal to the religious base yet has been vocal about the environment and bringing transparency to bear on lobbying procedures. Sounds like a wet dream for the right.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

CliffByford wrote:Nobody seems to be talking about Bobby Jindal - young, Catholic, conservative enough on issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage to appeal to the religious base yet has been vocal about the environment and bringing transparency to bear on lobbying procedures. Sounds like a wet dream for the right.
Didn't he make some crazy speech a few years ago that even had his constituents distancing themselves from him? Howard Dean all over again.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.