Hey... fuck Florida Republican senators!

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Re: Hey... fuck Florida Republican senators!

Post by JakeYonkel »

And they make about $35,000 a year. Tenure/job security offsets the low salary. It's a trade-off. They pass this shit and nobody is going to want to teach in Florida.

You probably either a) have no kids in public school or b) don't know any teachers.
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

JakeYonkel wrote:And they make about $35,000 a year. Tenure/job security offsets the low salary. It's a trade-off. They pass this shit and nobody is going to want to teach in Florida.

You probably either a) have no kids in public school or b) don't know any teachers.

You probably hit the twofer Jake.
dong dokken

Post by dong dokken »

goodbye and good riddance, others are lined up and happy to take your place.

they don't call it the magic city for nuthin
Sid wrote:I've seen some of those sites.Damn,some of those sites are sick.Those bad girls are too bad for me.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

JakeYonkel wrote:
I've always felt we do better with Republican leadership at the national level and Democratic leadership at the state and local.
:shock: :shock:

You should rely less on your feelings and more on facts.
ImageImage
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

dong dokken wrote:goodbye and good riddance, others are lined up and happy to take your place.
That's the thing though... if this winds up being passed... others WON'T be lined up to take their places.

Do you realize that they'd be basing teacher evaluations on something that's really not entirely in their control? Student performance.

It's one thing to be an assembly line worker... or a fruit picker... or an athlete... where you control your performance. But what would you think if police officers were fired because of crimes committed that they coulnd't stop? Or firefighters who couldn't get a fire out in time? And so on and so forth.

Clearly you've got animosity towards teachers which means you're either a dropout or a failure of the public education system. Sorry, but they're a necessary evil. Drive them all out of the state and see what happens.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

or maybe he's just a dick, though that does not preclude him being a bitter educational failure also.
ImageImage
dong dokken

Post by dong dokken »

for the record my education wasn't public it was privileged and i have a physics degree um, ok>
Sid wrote:I've seen some of those sites.Damn,some of those sites are sick.Those bad girls are too bad for me.
KneelandBobDylan

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

dong dokken wrote:for the record my education wasn't public it was privileged and i have a physics degree um, ok>

Proof or GTFO.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

Terrible idea on so many levels. Completely unfair. If a teacher has a classroom full of low socioeconomic students and special needs students, that teacher is basically being punished. Also, if you think this won't lead to "academic dishonesty" when it comes to obtaining higher test scores amongst a greedy teacher or two, you're foolish.
And yes, I am a teacher.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.