The new Arizona immigration law

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chevyman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: The new Arizona immigration law

Post by Chevyman »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
Chevyman wrote:I've been stopped and I show my ID and after a check,its thank you and have a nice day.
And?

means I'm a Latino who ain't got a problem with the new law you dumb sonofabitch !
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

VinnieKulick wrote:I hear the President of Mexico called it a racist law.

I guess he forgot the postage stamps Mexico had a few years back.
what do these stamps have to do with whether or not the new law is racist?
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

It means the President of Mexico is a dumbass hypocrite.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

It all comes down to the people who have a problem with the law, are mostly liberal democrats, who want nothing but amnesty for all of the illegal invaders.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Nevermind wrote:It all comes down to the people who have a problem with the law, are mostly liberal democrats, who want nothing but amnesty for all of the illegal invaders.
It's only a matter of time before someone tosses out the lettuce "argument"
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Chevyman wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
Chevyman wrote:I've been stopped and I show my ID and after a check,its thank you and have a nice day.
And?

means I'm a Latino who ain't got a problem with the new law you dumb sonofabitch !
Go home, spic. :lol:
ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Nevermind wrote:It all comes down to the people who have a problem with the law, are mostly liberal democrats, who want nothing but amnesty for all of the illegal invaders.

I was carpooling today and listening to some talk radio joes saying how the illegals are taking jobs from Americans. To use your lettuce argument - I don't know how many, but I'm guessing a lot of these jobs they're taking are from employers who hire them so they can exploit them with bad working conditions and low pay. The meat factory jobs, lettuce picking jobs, etc. I'm not saying all of them are, but I'm guessing the majority are that type. Until the focus is on making that kind of labor prohibitive to the employers, we'll have an immigration problem.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

tin00can wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

I was carpooling today and listening to some talk radio joes saying how the illegals are taking jobs from Americans. To use your lettuce argument - I don't know how many, but I'm guessing a lot of these jobs they're taking are from employers who hire them so they can exploit them with bad working conditions and low pay. The meat factory jobs, lettuce picking jobs, etc. I'm not saying all of them are, but I'm guessing the majority are that type. Until the focus is on making that kind of labor prohibitive to the employers, we'll have an immigration problem.
If the government REALLY wants to intervene and be intrusive, it can either cut off welfare, or require the recipients to flock to the bathrooms and fields to do the menial jobs.

That'll drive a lot of em back.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

JakeYonkel wrote:It means the President of Mexico is a dumbass hypocrite.
100% of elected officials are hypocrites. They have all done something that contradicts something they have once said. Like almost all humans on the planet.

He said the new law is racist. The fact that his nation has produced racist stamps does nothing to undermine his opinion.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Arizona's lawmakers wrote:"For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person."
Arizonans and visitors, stay out of the sun, wear sunscreen when you can't and avoid those tanning beds. The only thing you have to do is be too brown in the presence of an AZ cop. :wink:
The term "lawful contact," not defined in the law, has been interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court in the broadest terms. In Terry vs. Ohio, the court made clear that police officers have wide latitude to approach anyone and question them on suspicion of a crime -- which the Arizona law now defines as "reasonable suspicion" that the person is an illegal immigrant.

The law says race or national origin can't be the sole factor constituting "reasonable suspicion," but it doesn't prohibit race or ethnicity from being one factor.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/otherviews ... 2b.article

Any bets on when this becomes reality?
ImageImage
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Oops

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bastar ... o_on_false_...

Joe Arpaio on False McDonald's Arrest: Take All Brown People into
Custody, Release Citizens Later

Arpaio shrugs off his arrest of an innocent American girl

If you're Hispanic in Maricopa County, Sheriff Joe's goons have
probable cause to arrest you on suspicion of being undocumented. Hey,
they can always release you later.

That's the word from the elephant's mouth after an MCSO raid on four
area McDonald's yesterday that netted an American citizen, Viridiana
Ramirez, who was cuffed and held for four hours as she pleaded with
MCSO thugs that she was born in this country and could prove it.

What was Arpaio's response to the news that his Kris Kobach-trained
deputies has violated the civil rights of a single mother and
terrorized her no end?

"That's just normal police work, " he shrugged in a news conference
following the raid. "Sometimes you do have probable cause, you do take
people in for questioning, and they're released."

So it's arrest 'em if they're brown first, and sort 'em out later.
False arrest and imprisonment be damned.

Perhaps the U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI should follow
Arpaio's way of doing things. There's probable cause enough out there
that Arpaio's deprived others of their civil rights and done so under
the color of law.

So arrest him, and sort out the details later.

And when he whines about it, play a video of Arpaio's statement above.
Just do so when I'm around so I can watch the look on his flaccid
face.

Never has this county been so in need of federal intervention as it is
now. Where are the feds? The DOJ's Civil Rights Division has been
probing the MCSO for over a year. What is Attorney General Eric Holder
waiting for, a gold-trimmed invitation to act?

U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke has a grand jury ongoing, investigating
Arpaio's alleged criminal misdeeds. The same question goes for those
involved in that inquiry.

How many more innocent people have to be arrested? How many more cases
of racial profiling do there have to be?

How many women will have their jaws busted and their arms broken, as
has been the case for immigrant women held in Arpaio's jails?

It's not just women, of course. Last year Julio Mora, an American
citizen, and his legal resident father were cuffed and held for three
hours during the MCSO's violent immigration raid on Handyman
Maintenance Inc., a county vendor.

Mora and his dad are now suing Sheriff Joe and the county. Ms. Ramirez
should do the same, and extract her financial pound of flesh for
Arpaio's misdeeds.

Arpaio acts as if he and his beige-shirts are above the law. They
should not be. It's time for the feds to finally lay it down.

We're all tired of waiting. Tired of the excuses and dithering. Weary
of watching yet another mother weep because of the way she was treated
by Arpaio's roughneck Hispanic-hunters.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

I guess that's been deleted from the server now. New Times of Phoenix, eh?

Sounds horrible on its face, but what was the purpose of the raids? And did she have ID on her, or did she need to contact someone who could bring it to her?

I would like to see another account of the event by another source, to find out what the purpose of the raids were and what procedures were established to verify ID.

I was rounded up all the time as a teenager, for being a long haired rocker kid in the state of Mississippi. Usually searched, ID verified, and let go on my way. It sucked but it wasn't the end of the world.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

lerxstcat wrote:I guess that's been deleted from the server now. New Times of Phoenix, eh?

Sounds horrible on its face, but what was the purpose of the raids? And did she have ID on her, or did she need to contact someone who could bring it to her?

I would like to see another account of the event by another source, to find out what the purpose of the raids were and what procedures were established to verify ID.

I was rounded up all the time as a teenager, for being a long haired rocker kid in the state of Mississippi. Usually searched, ID verified, and let go on my way. It sucked but it wasn't the end of the world.
http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Sher ... 63677.html

Here's another account of it.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Wow, you can practically hear the author of the New Times article shedding tears. I hate pussy journalism.

So a guy who owns four McDonalds is under suspicion for ID theft and providing jobs and papers to illegals at his stores and MCSO ran an operation. Sounds like they were doing their job, not "detaining people for being brown".
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Wow, you can practically hear the author of the New Times article shedding tears. I hate pussy journalism.

So a guy who owns four McDonalds is under suspicion for ID theft and providing jobs and papers to illegals at his stores and MCSO ran an operation. Sounds like they were doing their job, not "detaining people for being brown".
The NEW TIMES has always had a hard-on for Arpaio, to the point where I can't view them as unbiased (admittedly, considering the stunts he pulled a couple years back, I kinda don't blame them). Thus why I posted the other story.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Wow, you can practically hear the author of the New Times article shedding tears. I hate pussy journalism.

It was almost painful for me to read that article. More facts, less hysteria, please. I prefer it when I get to make up my own mind and come to my own conclusions.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Calexxia wrote:
lerxstcat wrote:I guess that's been deleted from the server now. New Times of Phoenix, eh?

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Sher ... 63677.html

Here's another account of it.
Thanks! :D