Do you think the fiat, U.S. currency will collapse

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Do you think the fiat, U.S. currency will collapse

Post by crabfan »

I don't see why it wouldn't and it won't be pretty. Time to consider buying physical gold and silver coins as a backup plan imo.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Do you think the fiat, U.S. currency will collapse

Post by Crazy Levi »

crabfan wrote:I don't see why it wouldn't and it won't be pretty. Time to consider buying physical gold and silver coins as a backup plan imo.
You sound like an infomercial.
vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by vanitybinge »

those companies have the right idea. They see the future. I still hate those commercials.

Got GOLD?
Are you just over-burdened with all the GOLD lying around your house?
Did you inherit Ali Baba's hoard and are stil trying to sort through a basement full of GOLD?
Are you having problems getting to the shitter because there's just too much GOLD in your way?
What a poor basterd you are! Come sell it us! We'll give you CASH! Warm, flat, cocaine laced paper stamps that may be worthless in a matter of years! Why hang on to all that GOLD?

Shut up already I dont have any fucking GOLD!
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Let's see, NIXON took us off the gold standard in what, 1968? So it seems that the world has run for a generation without the gold standard on fiat.

Whether it's gold or fiat, the economic system works on psychology and optimism. If we THINK it works, it DOES. If we come to mistrust it, it doesn't.

Seems to me that optimism is the best policy, given that scenario.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

crabfan wrote:I don't see why it wouldn't and it won't be pretty. Time to consider buying physical gold and silver coins as a backup plan imo.
If things get bad enough, what use will gold and silver coins be?
ImageImage
Mattfig

Post by Mattfig »

The Best Kemper Profiles - http://www.mattfig.com
The Best Tube Amp Gear - http://www.motorcitymods.com
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
They have value because they can be used for other things of value. Fiat cash, not so much.
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

lerxstcat wrote:Let's see, NIXON took us off the gold standard in what, 1968? So it seems that the world has run for a generation without the gold standard on fiat.

Whether it's gold or fiat, the economic system works on psychology and optimism. If we THINK it works, it DOES. If we come to mistrust it, it doesn't.

It all started with the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. Over the last 100 years they have manipulated the booms and busts of the economy and eroded the value of the dollar on purpose. The governent is nothing but a front as is the two party system that creates an illusion of freedom to keep the masses fat and happy. Jesse Ventura compared the current governemt with the old WWF. It's all a show, their goals are identical but if you keep the right watching Fox News and the left watching CNN and hating each other they can never band together and stand up against tyranny in unity. You have to ask the hard but obvious questions...why has the Federal Reserve never been audited and why aren't they accountable for where our tax money bailouts went? Why are ther FEMA camps built to house the illegal aliens still standing empty? What are they preparing for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrpRocaEfQE
www.wearechange.org
www.infowars.com
http://cms.ae911truth.org/
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

crabfan wrote:why has the Federal Reserve never been audited and why aren't they accountable for where our tax money bailouts went? Why are ther FEMA camps built to house the illegal aliens still standing empty? What are they preparing for?
The ZOG?
crabfan wrote:
They have value because they can be used for other things of value. Fiat cash, not so much.
They have value because people assign them value, like paper money. You can't eat it, drink it or use to to make effective weapons. In a world of anarchy, it will be as useful as a picture of a dead president. You'll be better of investing in MREs, water filters, ammo, medicine and other useful commodities instead of shiny metal discs.
ImageImage
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

I don't think there will never be complete anarachy. Someone will grab that power and be in control whether a tyrant or a real democracy. You never know but Gold/silver has been used in trade since the beginning of time and I don't see anything changing that.
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

Fiat currencies are bottoming out everywhere right now...Greece, Thailand, Iceland and now the Euro (which everyone is now shorting).

False Flag Attacks will start becoming more common as this goes on. The USA is in too much debt to recover, imo. Try and get supplies so that in case the grid goes down you have some power (solar generator)...
http://www.mysolarbackup.com/
water filters or this type of thing water generator...
http://www.ecoloblue.com/home-office
good to have emergency food backup supply as well...
http://www.efoodsdirect.com/ (there products last 10-15 years in storage)

Good to be somewhat prepared.
greedy
Music Fan

Post by greedy »

Collapse ?
Without a doubt, in time the US dollar is going to be worth a lot, lot, less.

A government cant print trillions of dollars on paper, give it to corrupt failed banks, then expect it to still be deemed a credible store of value.

These will be commonplace soon. Confiscation of your personal wealth through inflation is nasty nasty business.

Go the gold & silver, you cant print it for free !
greedy
Music Fan

Post by greedy »

How's your PM investments working for you crabfan ?

I bought $5K of gold @ $1180 and $5k of silver @ $18 in May 2010 after your post.

The gold is now worth $6K, silver $9200

$10,000 worth to $15000 worth in less than a year. The US dollar is losing value fast, thanks for confirming my thoughts and being the catalyst in my decision to exchange my savings for something tangible of real value.
vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by vanitybinge »

greedy wrote:How's your PM investments working for you crabfan ?

I bought $5K of gold @ $1180 and $5k of silver @ $18 in May 2010 after your post.

$10,000 worth to $15000 worth in less than a year. The US dollar is losing value fast, thanks for confirming my thoughts and being the catalyst in my decision to exchange my savings for something tangible of real value.
It's hard to say at this moment wether the gov't can and will prevent the collapse, but if you really bought all that gold and silver, good for you. Make it physical, because if the Shit really does hit the fan, you might have a hard time getting your money back from those trustworthy stockbrokers.

In a SHITF situation, the only American currency you can spend at all will be pennies and nickles.
USA! USA! USA!
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

greedy wrote:How's your PM investments working for you crabfan ?

Nice! Silver hit $33/oz. and there is no reason to believe it won't stop climbing...especially as more people keep waking up and noticing what's happening to their country.
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

crabfan wrote:
And because gold & silver are rarities.

And as for uses...

http://geology.com/minerals/gold/uses-of-gold.shtml
http://www.silverinstitute.org/silver_uses.php
greedy
Music Fan

Post by greedy »

vanitybinge wrote:It's hard to say at this moment wether the gov't can and will prevent the collapse, but if you really bought all that gold and silver, good for you.
I was just really posting to thank crabfan for pushing me over the edge to buy something real in exchange for devaluating paper. Yep I've got it alright, it weighs alot for how small the pieces are, can't you see me smiling from there ?
crabfan wrote:Nice! Silver hit $33/oz. and there is no reason to believe it won't stop climbing...especially as more people keep waking up and noticing what's happening to their country.
Pushing $36 now, and as you say, people are noticing !

I've read there are silver storage warehouses where you buy silver (and store it with them for safekeeping), haven't actually got the metals they've sold to you. So you get a certificate for your ownership but can never actually take posession of the real thing. These warehouses are being found out to be fraudulent as the interest in precious metals increases, thats helping this rise. Let it run I say
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

greedy wrote:
vanitybinge wrote:It's hard to say at this moment wether the gov't can and will prevent the collapse, but if you really bought all that gold and silver, good for you.
I was just really posting to thank crabfan for pushing me over the edge to buy something real in exchange for devaluating paper. Yep I've got it alright, it weighs alot for how small the pieces are, can't you see me smiling from there ?
crabfan wrote:Nice! Silver hit $33/oz. and there is no reason to believe it won't stop climbing...especially as more people keep waking up and noticing what's happening to their country.

I've read there are silver storage warehouses where you buy silver (and store it with them for safekeeping), haven't actually got the metals they've sold to you. So you get a certificate for your ownership but can never actually take posession of the real thing. These warehouses are being found out to be fraudulent as the interest in precious metals increases, thats helping this rise. Let it run I say
Only buy metal you can have on hand. Don't buy certificates and don't store it in a safe deposit box (banks can access them in an emergency). Get your hands on dehydrated food and canned water next. Good to have especially after what we've seen in Japan. I think it's important to get in the mindset that we can't rely on the government to be there for us when something bad happens. Be able to provide for you and your family when needed.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

crabfan wrote:
greedy wrote:

Only buy metal you can have on hand. Don't buy certificates and don't store it in a safe deposit box (banks can access them in an emergency). Get your hands on dehydrated food and canned water next. Good to have especially after what we've seen in Japan. I think it's important to get in the mindset that we can't rely on the government to be there for us when something bad happens. Be able to provide for you and your family when needed.
Throw some MREs into that mix. They taste like shit but can be eaten out of the pouch. Try that with dehydrated food.
ImageImage
Hanoi Roxx

Post by Hanoi Roxx »

I inherited a shit ton on silver coins last summer. I kind of just forgot about them until recently. Now I'm paying attention for sure! Silver is ever so slowly climbing in value and if I remember right, it's more that doubled in value since July of 2010. Whenever I can, I buy silver coins and rounds when time and money permits.

Last summer, one 90% silver Mercury dime was worth $1.20 now that one dime is worth anywhere from $2.53 - $2.75 range, depending on daily fluctuating markets. I say grab some if you can!

Edited:

I've been checking Ebay for silver coins and I don't believe that's the right way to go. Some sellers are getting way above market value right now. Please go to a reputable dealer or Mint like Kitco in New York. They recently changed their minimum orders, they now have a minimum of $1000.00.

I've bought some silver rounds from Northwest Territorial Mint in Washington, I think they have an excellent "buy" price on silver and they don't have a minimum you have to buy. I wouldn't recommend the local mom & pop coin dealer, two have already tried to rip me off.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

crabfan wrote:I don't think there will never be complete anarachy. Someone will grab that power and be in control whether a tyrant or a real democracy. You never know but Gold/silver has been used in trade since the beginning of time and I don't see anything changing that.
My dad bought a FIAT and he says it was one of the biggest mistakes he ever made. Fun car when it worked but that was rarely.

Would have been much better to invest in gold.

J88ROCK
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by J88ROCK »

Utah and Colorado is thinking about using gold standard.
lerxstcat wrote:Let's see, NIXON took us off the gold standard in what, 1968? So it seems that the world has run for a generation without the gold standard on fiat.

crabfan

Post by crabfan »

J88ROCK wrote:Utah and Colorado is thinking about using gold standard.

Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be that easy. The Machine in place will somehow make that illegal for states to do.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Not 'The Machine'! Surely we humble God-fearing folk can fight back.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

MurrayFiend wrote:Not 'The Machine'! Surely we humble God-fearing folk can fight back.
Of course you can. But if we waste our time supporting the Obama or Bush illusion of democracy we've already lost. If we spend our time worrying about those CNN liberals or those Fox News Conservatives we've been distracted from the real issues. And that's just what the powers in place want you to do. Whoever controls the money controls the country. Right now that's a business called the Federal Reserve Bank. If you want to make an actual change that's where you start.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

crabfan wrote:
J88ROCK wrote:Utah and Colorado is thinking about using gold standard.

Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be that easy. The Machine in place will somehow make that illegal for states to do.
That machine would be the US Constitution, Article 1 Section 10. Foiled again by the Founding Fathers! :lol:
ImageImage
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

MoMP, that also happened to be when our Federal Government was actually making the money themselves and basing it on something tangible and of actual value, not a private bank charging the country interest on the money they print.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

crabfan wrote:MoMP, that also happened to be when our Federal Government was actually making the money themselves and basing it on something tangible and of actual value, not a private bank charging the country interest on the money they print.
How is this relevant? Your paranoia conjured a conspiracy where there was none. It's why conspiracy theorists are ridiculed. You just don't know when to stop. :lol:
ImageImage
James Halford Tate
Headlining Clubs

Post by James Halford Tate »

in theory it sounds like a good idea. but you can't eat gold or silver.
you would be better off using food and ammo for currency.

I'm sure if it really got that bad,
there would be government confiscation of gold just like in 1933.

read the story at the link below.
it's a story from a Bosnian Survivor and what happened to him
when the shit hit the fan in his country.

http://www.survivalblog.com/2009/12/let ... erien.html
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I prefer spiritual gold to physical gold.