Question for Pro Choice people

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NickasInSaltLick
The Fat Man of Steel

Re: Question for Pro Choice people

Post by NickasInSaltLick »

I just find it confusing that usually the people that are most vehemently anti-abortion are the same one's that fight tooth and nail against any meaningful sex-education, easy access to birth-control and condoms and also think Plan-B is an abortion pill and do all they can to make people jump through a million hoops to get it.

To borrow another Carlin-ism, they're usually against homosexuals too, when nobody has less abortions than homosexuals. You'd think they'd be allies.

Sludgeaholic of the Month - May 2004
UncleMilton
Taking Music Lessons

Post by UncleMilton »

What is the current law on abortions....
In regards to how late a woman can have one?

I am assuming most people would think an abortion at 9 months shouldn't be legal??
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

Anti-choice people are almost always (christian) religion fanatics. They think because of their beliefs, they have a "duty" to stop- people from getting abortions.

Look, no one, NO ONE, is gleeful about an abortion.

But the fact is, a cytoplast isn't a baby. It's something that has the potential to be a baby. Women spontaneously abort ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

If you're anti-abortion, cool, but don't let your narrow ideology dictate to others what they decide is right for themselves.

Going out and helping the poor would be much closer to what your bible says to do.

Let me also add I think christianity is a death cult, so I don't understand their obssession with abortion. You'd think they would be happy the "baby" gets to go live with jesus in heaven.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

They want the government to reflect their Christian values yet for them it is anathema when the government helps those less fortunate as Christ did.
ImageImage
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

UncleMilton wrote:What is the current law on abortions....
In regards to how late a woman can have one?

I am assuming most people would think an abortion at 9 months shouldn't be legal??
In most states, a woman can make the decision to have an abortion up to 16 weeks of pregnancy.
Even that is a bit late, most are performed by 12 weeks.

When you hear about these late term abortions, it's usually because around 6 months or so it is determined that there is something wrong with the baby or something has put the mothers life in danger.
This happened to a co-worker of mine a few years ago. If I understood her correctly, a court order (or something like it) was required.
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:They want the government to reflect their Christian values yet for them it is anathema when the government helps those less fortunate as Christ did.
Well Pilate was in government, so I can see why they hate the OUR government.
UncleMilton
Taking Music Lessons

Post by UncleMilton »

Another dumb question...honestly don't know

But how do they know how many weeks woman is pregnant?

Do they just do ultra sound and can guesstimate by size of the fetus...etc?

I am assuming they just don't take woman's word for when she got pregnant.....
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

UncleMilton wrote:Another dumb question...honestly don't know

But how do they know how many weeks woman is pregnant?

Do they just do ultra sound and can guesstimate by size of the fetus...etc?

I am assuming they just don't take woman's word for when she got pregnant.....
Well, they start with the first day of the last period, so yes they do take a woman's word for it to start with. But that has to square with the physical exam.

They can tell by the size of the uterus. An ultrasound isn't usually necessary at that stage, they can just feel it and tell.

Later, when an ultrasound is done, around 16-18 weeks, they can tell a little more.

An ultrasound isn't usually done before a termination procedure, unless there is some question that it may be too late.

At least I have never heard of it as routine.
It's been many years since I have spoken to anyone who had one, and since ultrasounds are so easy and portable these days, it may be very routine.
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:Anti-choice people are almost always (christian) religion fanatics. They think because of their beliefs, they have a "duty" to stop- people from getting abortions.

Look, no one, NO ONE, is gleeful about an abortion.

But the fact is, a cytoplast isn't a baby. It's something that has the potential to be a baby. Women spontaneously abort ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

If you're anti-abortion, cool, but don't let your narrow ideology dictate to others what they decide is right for themselves.
I have to agree with that. If you're against abortion don't have one. If you think alcohol is the drink of the devil don't drink. If you think it's evil weed don't smoke it.

But as long as I'm not hurting any other breathing human being leave me the fuck alone!
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Where's that one prick who's more intelligent than Justices of the Supreme Court? Good think he'll never see a vagina but he should decide for the rest of us.
ImageImageImage
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

Easy answer.

It's the woman's body and she can do as she pleases. No one said life is fair so if we had been aborted even before we were born we would've never existed and that's our parents choice!
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

This debate brings up a question that is burning in my mind.
Do pro-lifers consider people who swallow when performing oral sex to be cannibals?

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
Danzig in the Dark

Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:This debate brings up a question that is burning in my mind.
Do pro-lifers consider people who swallow when performing oral sex to be cannibals?
They're Hellbound sodomites anyway, so what does it matter?
ImageImage
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:This debate brings up a question that is burning in my mind.
Jesus and the bible are part of the Judeo Christian MYTH! Rational thought is taking over as Bill Nye the Science Guy has said!

The bible is just fairy tales written by ignorant uneducated desert dwellers who lived more like caveman without running water and electricity.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I can relate to the music of Tyla and Mike Monroe, that's why I'm a right wing lunatic.
ImageImageImage
Danzig in the Dark

RATTrules wrote:
Jesus and the bible are part of the Judeo Christian MYTH! Rational thought is taking over as Bill Nye the Science Guy has said!

The bible is just fairy tales written by ignorant uneducated desert dwellers who lived more like caveman without running water and electricity.
Burn in Hell, infidel!
ImageImage
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

Skate4RnR wrote:I can relate to the music of Tyla and Mike Monroe, that's why I'm a right wing lunatic.
You hitting on me, sweetheart?
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

RATTrules wrote:

Burn in Hell, infidel!
I'm just telling the truth and not foolish enough to fall for bible mythology! Whenever you die you'll realize there is NO heaven or hell as you blackout!
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

All I know is, there's nothing like a bowl of delicious baby soup. Mmm mmm good.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

tylamonroe wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote:I can relate to the music of Tyla and Mike Monroe, that's why I'm a right wing lunatic.
You hitting on me, sweetheart?
I'm a fan of both too.
ImageImageImage