It doesn't get any better than this...

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: It doesn't get any better than this...

Post by Ugmo »

A mass of giant purple font. More paranoid conspiracy theories that only make sense to a lunatic. More weird made-up insults that only make sense to a lunatic. Not worth bothering with any more.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Fuck Big Pharma and their overpriced drugs.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Ugmo wrote:A mass of giant purple font. More paranoid conspiracy theories that only make sense to a lunatic. More weird made-up insults that only make sense to a lunatic. Not worth bothering with any more.
It never was.
ImageImage
Cliffenstein
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cliffenstein »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:While the religious stuff is interesting, everyone is right that it is irrelevant.
Right, I understand, you weren't making the headway you assumed you would be making and so it's time to find a different angle...fine by me.
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:To answer the question, no. I'm a liberal, you say, and Obama's a tax and spend Democrat, right? Why would I have a problem?
So then you're admitting that all the screamin' about Bush's spending wasn't honest. It was just politics.

Okay, I understand.

(I knew that already.)
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:A mass of giant purple font. More paranoid conspiracy theories that only make sense to a lunatic. More weird made-up insults that only make sense to a lunatic. Not worth bothering with any more.
Every time I own you, your only retorts reference "cryptic" or font styles. You can tell the exact moment when you've lost a debate with me, because you start claiming I am using some secret wording because you're a stupid person who doesn't understand a whole lot of anything at all, often times your OWN words.

You shot your mouth off (as usual), and you had your own contradicting words used against you.

You're a fucking idiot for thinking Big Pharma's altruism even approaches 1/5 of the desire for profit. You know this, but you're rationalizing and reconciling. Much in the way I can say Big Oil saves lives and offers a better quality of life for people - It's true in a lot of ways, but it's a rationalization. I know this. Sadly, you don't.

MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Cliffenstein wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:While the religious stuff is interesting, everyone is right that it is irrelevant.
Right, I understand, you weren't making the headway you assumed you would be making and so it's time to find a different angle...fine by me.
No one ever makes headway. That's why there are dozens of denominations that each think all the others are going to Hell.
Cliffenstein wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:To answer the question, no. I'm a liberal, you say, and Obama's a tax and spend Democrat, right? Why would I have a problem?
So then you're admitting that all the screamin' about Bush's spending wasn't honest. It was just politics.

Okay, I understand.

(I knew that already.)
Not at all. I was not at all happy with what he was spending it on and the end results of many of his decisions. After all, only some one like Bin Laden could have been happy to see the US brought to it's financial knees. What you have done is take the easy way out, just like KissAcademy, Roadhead, adam, Shagg05, roxxtar, YourMomma and bunch of other pseudoconservatives who thought they would come in ownin' and schoolin' but instead left in shame and failure. Was the country better off when Bush left office than when he began? We both know the answer. Now you understand.
ImageImage
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

thejuggernaut wrote:You're a fucking idiot for thinking Big Pharma's altruism even approaches 1/5 of the desire for profit. You know this, but you're rationalizing and reconciling. Much in the way I can say Big Oil saves lives and offers a better quality of life for people - It's true in a lot of ways, but it's a rationalization. I know this. Sadly, you don't.
No, I don't fucking care what their motives are, see the difference? I don't care if Big Pharma is 100 percent motivated by profit. Probably it is, just like every other goddamned industry. The point is they make profits by producing products that make people healthier.

You're welcome to try not taking any more pharmaceutical products for the rest of your life and seeing how that works out for you.

You're a complete dickbag first of all and a complete lunatic second of all, so no wonder you think there is some huge conspiracy involving the pharmaceutical industry, the sugar industry and the FDA. I'm not the least bit surprised you believe that, because you've proven time and again that you are completely irrational and have a very tenuous grasp on reality.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Ug, there is no doubt that Big Pharma has saved countless millions of lives and made even more better. The problem I personally have is that their desire for profit sometimes (well, more than sometimes) puts people that need the medicine at a great disadvantage.

A small and insignicant example in the big picture is my wife's migraine medicine. She takes Frova and the shit costs TEN DOLLARS a pill. That's WITH my prescription plan. You can't tell me with a straight face that the research and production costs for that drug haven't been paid for a millionfold by now. I'm sure there are thousands of examples of medicines for much more serious afflictions that fall in the same category. Then you add in the incredible lobbying power of the big pharma companies with both the government and hospitals/doctors and you can understand why people may be suspicious. I agree totally that they aren't in the business of altruism but there has to be a happy medium between profit and genuinely helping people.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:You're a fucking idiot for thinking Big Pharma's altruism even approaches 1/5 of the desire for profit. You know this, but you're rationalizing and reconciling. Much in the way I can say Big Oil saves lives and offers a better quality of life for people - It's true in a lot of ways, but it's a rationalization. I know this. Sadly, you don't.
No, I don't fucking care what their motives are, see the difference? I don't care if Big Pharma is 100 percent motivated by profit. Probably it is, just like every other goddamned industry. The point is they make profits by producing products that make people healthier.

You're welcome to try not taking any more pharmaceutical products for the rest of your life and seeing how that works out for you.

You're a complete dickbag first of all and a complete lunatic second of all, so no wonder you think there is some huge conspiracy involving the pharmaceutical industry, the sugar industry and the FDA. I'm not the least bit surprised you believe that, because you've proven time and again that you are completely irrational and have a very tenuous grasp on reality.
Your stupidity knows no bounds.

At first I thought it was a bit a turf defending mixed with a dash of positional good. Turns out it might not be and it might just be flat out retardation and, as you said, completely irrational with a tenuous grasp on reality.

In the fantasy land of Mattie, Big Oil doesn't help people and Big Pharma doesn't hurt people.

You're welcome to spend time educating yourself enough to go as natural as possible in your life. Of course, that would require you to cut back on your Democrat police duties long enough to expand your reading topics.

There's no doubt about the Cheney/Haliburton deal but poor Mattie thinks it's far fetched to think the "poisoners" could be in cahoots with the "healers".

In a world where the CEO of the biggest of the bunch used to be the top spin doctor and top lawyer for McDonald's, Mattie thinks it is far fetched to believe that the people who create the "poison" are in bed with the people who create the "cure".

Perhaps if you add some more keywords to your current batch of Obama, Republican, Democrat, Bush and Palin, you might have a chance to stop coming off like such a hopeless maroon.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

thejuggernaut wrote:Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:Image
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

thejuggernaut wrote:I compensate for my tiny dick with an enormous font and a self-aggrandizing user name and sig picture.
We noticed.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:I compensate for my tiny dick with an enormous font and a self-aggrandizing user name and sig picture.
We noticed.

It always amuses me how you left wing psychological misfits think of yourselves as psychologists. In fact, I am shocked you haven't tossed out the left winger's staple term - projection.

It's doubly hilarious when it's a will-less simpleton crying about how the font sizes of anonymous internet users is an attempt get attention, while spending some of his spare time in real life playing a musical instrument while wearing faggoty balloon pants.

Once again, good work Mattie.

Want to try another approach ?

Perhaps you'd like to go cry some more in the itnernet fights thread ?
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

The only way you could make your posts even more ignore-worthy would be to write in all-caps. That would complete your transformation into a super-douche.

Although I'm not sure you haven't reached that pedestal yet.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:The only way you could make your posts even more ignore-worthy would be to write in all-caps. That would complete your transformation into a super-douche.

Although I'm not sure you haven't reached that pedestal yet.
Yet you seem to have a hell of a time ignoring them.

Another approach, Mattie ?
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Not really, as I haven't read the last three or four of them. You kept that one short enough though. That's probably a good strategy for you.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:Not really, as I haven't read the last three or four of them. You kept that one short enough though. That's probably a good strategy for you.
That's a fancy trick. Text to speech app ?
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:No one ever makes headway. That's why there are dozens of denominations that each think all the others are going to Hell.
And there's yet another totally incorrect assumption.

The denominations don't think the other ones are going to Hell. Most denominations understand that their differences are subtle and that the big picture of eternal life through Jesus Christ is the singular thread that binds them.

Also, I have attended non-denominational churches now for the past 20 years.
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Not at all. I was not at all happy with what he was spending it on and the end results of many of his decisions. After all, only some one like Bin Laden could have been happy to see the US brought to it's financial knees. What you have done is take the easy way out, just like KissAcademy, Roadhead, adam, Shagg05, roxxtar, YourMomma and bunch of other pseudoconservatives who thought they would come in ownin' and schoolin' but instead left in shame and failure. Was the country better off when Bush left office than when he began? We both know the answer. Now you understand.
Yes, actually we were better off when Bush left office. The country was a lot safer when he left.

(Obama's been spending money on the same things Bush was...plus a whole lot more on other things as well.)
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Cliffenstein wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Not at all. I was not at all happy with what he was spending it on and the end results of many of his decisions. After all, only some one like Bin Laden could have been happy to see the US brought to it's financial knees. What you have done is take the easy way out, just like KissAcademy, Roadhead, adam, Shagg05, roxxtar, YourMomma and bunch of other pseudoconservatives who thought they would come in ownin' and schoolin' but instead left in shame and failure. Was the country better off when Bush left office than when he began? We both know the answer. Now you understand.
Yes, actually we were better off when Bush left office. The country was a lot safer when he left.

(Obama's been spending money on the same things Bush was...plus a whole lot more on other things as well.)
Thousands dead in terrorist attacks, banks collapsing, the stock market going down faster than a $20 whore, hundreds of thousands of foreclosures, millions of lost jobs... that was better. :roll:
ImageImage
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote: Thousands dead in terrorist attacks, banks collapsing, the stock market going down faster than a $20 whore, hundreds of thousands of foreclosures, millions of lost jobs... that was better. :roll:
C'mon, man...you know better than that...you have to.

1. 9/11 happened and almost 3,000 American lost their lives in an unprovoked attack. Bush and the Congress took us to war to prevent it from ever happening again. We're still in that war now (with Obama at the helm, droppin' drones to kill terrorists while innocent civilians who happen to be nearby die).

2. How many banks have actually collapsed since Bush and Obama TOGETHER "saved" them. Would you like to hazzard a guess? HINT: It's a lot.

3. Democrats had been pushing "affordable housing" for years and finally got to the point of forcing banks to loan to people who couldn't afford to pay them back. Subprime loans was a Democrat idea, buddy. Bush administration attempted to regulate Fanny and Freddie, but Democrats stood in the way...you know this all this. Be that as it may, the housing bubble did finally burst and people lost their houses and many others have seen themselves become wildly upside down in their mortgages as their houses have "lost" value. It's the state we're in. How's Obama doin' with fixing the problem? Care to give us an honest assessment?

4. So you see millions of lost jobs in a world wide recession as being a direct result of President Bush (a complete and total pro business President), while refusing to admit that President Obama (a complete and total anti business President) has done jack to truly deal with the problem.

10% unemployment with a few lull months of 9.7% and now back to 9.9% unemployment.

But yeah...that was Bush that did that! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Meanwhile, Obama administration has less people in it with real world business experience than any administration before it...EVER.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote: the stock market going down faster than a $20 whore, millions of lost jobs... that was better. :roll:

1. Who was president when the stock market reached an all time high? Oh right, George Bush. Guess you forgot that little nugget.

2. Some nice unemployment rate numbers.
These start when the democrats took control of congress
2007-01-01 4.6
2007-02-01 4.5
2007-03-01 4.4
2007-04-01 4.5
2007-05-01 4.4
2007-06-01 4.6
2007-07-01 4.6
2007-08-01 4.6
2007-09-01 4.7
2007-10-01 4.7
2007-11-01 4.7
2007-12-01 5.0
2008-01-01 5.0
2008-02-01 4.8
2008-03-01 5.1
2008-04-01 5.0
2008-05-01 5.4
2008-06-01 5.5
2008-07-01 5.8
2008-08-01 6.1
2008-09-01 6.2
2008-10-01 6.6
2008-11-01 6.9
2008-12-01 7.4
2009-01-01 7.7
--------------------------
Democrat congress and Obummer
2009-02-01 8.2
2009-03-01 8.6
2009-04-01 8.9
2009-05-01 9.4
2009-06-01 9.5
2009-07-01 9.4
2009-08-01 9.7
2009-09-01 9.8
2009-10-01 10.1
2009-11-01 10.0
2009-12-01 10.0
2010-01-01 9.7
2010-02-01 9.7
2010-03-01 9.7
2010-04-01 9.9
You're doing a heckuva job Brownie.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Cliffy, Nevermind, is this all you have? Excuses for why Bush didn't suck for all his failures and blame for Obama for not fixing them fast enough.

The 'Democrats forced mortgages' lie, Bush brought the stock market up before bringing it down, Bush kept us safe except for 9/11, the war in the country without WMDs and no Al Quaeda...

:roll:

This stuff has been hashed and rehashed ad infinitum. Try something new.
ImageImage
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Cliffy, Nevermind, is this all you have? Excuses for why Bush didn't suck for all his failures and blame for Obama for not fixing them fast enough.

The 'Democrats forced mortgages' lie, Bush brought the stock market up before bringing it down, Bush kept us safe except for 9/11, the war in the country without WMDs and no Al Quaeda...

Oh, I see...the 9/11 attack was Bush's problem because he was President for 9 months, but the current state of the country isn't Obama's problem because he's only been President for 1 1/2 years.

Thanks for lettin' me know.

MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Cliffenstein wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Cliffy, Nevermind, is this all you have? Excuses for why Bush didn't suck for all his failures and blame for Obama for not fixing them fast enough.

Oh, I see...the 9/11 attack was Bush's problem because he was President for 9 months, but the current state of the country isn't Obama's problem because he's only been President for 1 1/2 years.

Thanks, Shaggenstein. :lol:
ImageImage
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Cliffenstein wrote:Oh, I see...the 9/11 attack was Bush's problem because he was President for 9 months, but the current state of the country isn't Obama's problem because he's only been President for 1 1/2 years.

9/11 happened while Bush was president. The economy tanked while Bush was president. Not that difficult of a concept to grasp.

(Not that I blame him entirely for either one, but they happened on his watch.)
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Ugmo wrote:
Cliffenstein wrote:Oh, I see...the 9/11 attack was Bush's problem because he was President for 9 months, but the current state of the country isn't Obama's problem because he's only been President for 1 1/2 years.

9/11 happened while Bush was president. The economy tanked while Bush was president. Not that difficult of a concept to grasp.

(Not that I blame him entirely for either one, but they happened on his watch.)
The Reagan Recession - Carter's fault.
The Bush 1 recession - Carter's fault
9/11 - Clinton's fault
The Bush 2 recession (1.0) - Clinton's fault
The Bush 2 recession (2.0) - Democrat Congress' fault
The current recession - Obama's fault

It's just that simple.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Thus far, history hasn't been kind to Carter's presidency and that will likely continue unabated.

Reagan's legacy will most likely continue to be looked at positively.

Like most one term presidents, Bush 1 will simply be in the list of presidents.

Clinton's legacy has improved greatly since he left office.

Bush 2 is already being looked at more positively than he was when he finished his second term. This will only continue with time.

If Obama continues on the path he is on, he will be a one term president and, historically, will not be remembered for anything other than the color of his skin.

Hopefully, we'll eventually have a female president.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Rasmussen Reports / Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -20 (see trends).

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve.

Overall, 42% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. That is the lowest level of approval yet measured for this president. Fifty-six percent (56%) now disapprove of his performance.

Forty-four percent (44%) say the president is doing a good or excellent job on national security issues while 39% give him such positive marks on the economy. Thirty-four percent (34%) say the president is doing a good job handling the Gulf oil spill while 33% give him poor grades on that topic.

Most Americans have "come to believe that the political system is broken, that most politicians are corrupt and that neither major political party has the answers," observes Scott Rasmussen. Just 27% believe Congress knows what it's doing when it comes to the economy and 41% say that a group of people randomly selected from the phone book would do a better job than the current Congress. In his new book, Scott adds, "Some of us are ready to give up and some of us are ready to scream a little louder. But all of us believe we can do better."

Republicans lead by eight on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

Sixty-three percent (63%) of voters nationwide favor repeal of the health care law. That's the highest level of support for repeal yet measured.

Thirty-nine percent (39%) believe the U.S. and its allies are winning the War on Terror and just 41% believe it is possible for the U.S. to win the war in Afghanistan.

The Rasmussen Reports Media Meter shows that media coverage of the President has been 51% positive over the past week.

Larry Sabato takes a race-by-race look at the 2010 Senate races and sees "a Republican net gain in the neighborhood of not less than 4 or 5 seats, and quite conceivably, up to 7 or 8 seats."

It is important to remember that the Rasmussen Reports job approval ratings are based upon a sample of likely voters. Some other firms base their approval ratings on samples of all adults. President Obama's numbers are always several points higher in a poll of adults rather than likely voters. That's because some of the president's most enthusiastic supporters, such as young adults, are less likely to turn out to vote. It is also important to check the details of question wording when comparing approval ratings from different firms.

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Cliffenstein wrote:Reagan's legacy will most likely continue to be looked at positively.
Not by anyone with a brain.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Ugmo wrote:Not by anyone with a brain.
In the annals of history, current feelings of partisanship are meaningless.