Hey War Boarders, hows that hopey-changey thing working out?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Scorpio88
Playing at a Friend's Party

Hey War Boarders, hows that hopey-changey thing working out?

Post by Scorpio88 »

Thank goodness we have Dear Leader there to fix things. He's doing an awesome job!
Scorpio88

Re: Hey War Boarders, hows that hopey-changey thing working out?

Post by Scorpio88 »

the passenger wrote:Yep, he's kept us safe from terrorist attacks considerably longer than the last guy. Thanks for stopping by.
Considerably longer? Huh?

Props to the intel/law enforcement people for doing their job despite the threats of being put on trial.
Ogie_Ogelthorpe
Music Fan

Post by Ogie_Ogelthorpe »

Hey Scorp, what's your stance on financial market regulation... still a big believer in Ayn Rand... if so I guess you like the smell of failure.
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

Ogie_Ogelthorpe wrote:Hey Scorp, what's your stance on financial market regulation... still a big believer in Ayn Rand... if so I guess you like the smell of failure.
"Financial market regulation" is a pretty broad topic...yeah, generally I favor a laissez-faire approach.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

I'm hoping you'll change your mind about making any more posts.

I'm kidding. Whatever.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

MurrayFiend wrote:I'm hoping you'll change your mind about making any more posts.

I'm kidding. Whatever.
huh?
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

Scorpio88 wrote:
the passenger wrote:Yep, he's kept us safe from terrorist attacks considerably longer than the last guy. Thanks for stopping by.
The previous guy's administration got caught flat footed with its pants down on 9/11.

The new guy has made it relatively safely thru 10/22, & even managed to authorize the successful dispatch of 3 pirates, along the way.

I'd say the new guy is lookin' pretty good on defense and offense, so far. :lol:

Question for Scorpio88: How's that Maverick thingy working out for you?
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

pooldude wrote:The previous guy's administration got caught flat footed with it's pants down on 9/11.

The new guy has made it relatively safely thru 10/22, & even managed to authorize the successful dispatch of 3 pirates, along the way.

I'd say the new guy is lookin' pretty good on defense and offense, so far. :lol:

Why can't we have a discussion about how badly Obama sucks without someone bringing up Bush?

How could I forget about the threat from PIRATES!??! No wonder he got that Nobel Peace Prize-for killing a couple of Somali teenagers!

Care to state the specific policies that are making him look so good?

What Mavericky thing? Just because someone doesn't like Obama doesn't mean they liked or even voted for McCain.
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

Damn double post
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

Scorpio88 wrote:Why can't we have a discussion about how badly Obama sucks without someone bringing up Bush?
When someone starts a smart ass "hows that hopey-changey thing working out?" political thread...

...it kinda stands to reason that someone else might bring up the previous administration that was replaced, as well as the losing ticket that was offered up.

Given the alternatives, I remain hopeful for the current administration's success.

Thank you for asking. :lol:
Last edited by pooldude on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Bush sucked. Obama has sucked so far as well. Fair enough Pdude?
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

pooldude wrote:When someone starts a smart ass "hows that hopey-changey thing working out?" political thread...

...it kinda stands to reason that someone else might bring up the previous administration that was replaced, as well as the losing ticket that was offered up.

Given the alternatives, I'm remain hopeful for the current administration's success.

Thank you for asking. :lol:

When someone has to deflect by bringing up Bush or McCain, it usually means they've got nothing else.

If Obama was a great success it should be pretty easy to cite some of the great hopey-changey things he's done without having to bring up that huge accomplishment of giving the ok to kill a couple of Somali kids on a raft.

So you are still holding out hope. Well, since there isn't anything he's got to offer, I guess that'll have to do.
bane

Post by bane »

Gitmo was a positive (I'd have brought that up before I did the pirates), beyond that, lots of rhetoric, little action.
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

bane wrote:Gitmo was a positive (I'd have brought that up before I did the pirates), beyond that, lots of rhetoric, little action.
How about waiting until Gitmo is actually closed before you give him credit for that? So far all he's done is sign a piece of paper stating Gitmo would be closed at a later date-and who knows how that's actually gonna turn out.
U.S. may not make January deadline for closing Guantanamo
Atty. Gen. Eric Holder says 'it's going to be difficult' to meet the deadline Obama set but that the administration is committed to closing the prison as soon as possible.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... ?track=rss
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

enter your username wrote:So you're a "big government" libertarian.
Yeah. I forgot libertarians don't believe in law enforcement. :roll:

retard

enter your username wrote:The world's most intelligent libertarian says you're a moron.
Well, Milton Friedman thought I'm brilliant. And he also thought you're an asshole.
bane

Post by bane »

Scorpio88 wrote:
bane wrote:Gitmo was a positive (I'd have brought that up before I did the pirates), beyond that, lots of rhetoric, little action.
How about waiting until Gitmo is actually closed before you give him credit for that? So far all he's done is sign a piece of paper stating Gitmo would be closed at a later date-and who knows how that's actually gonna turn out.
U.S. may not make January deadline for closing Guantanamo
Atty. Gen. Eric Holder says 'it's going to be difficult' to meet the deadline Obama set but that the administration is committed to closing the prison as soon as possible.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... ?track=rss
I don't give a fuck if he never closes it. He stopped torturing prisoners there and guaranteed them a trial. That's enough for me.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Scorpio88 wrote: Why can't we have a discussion about how badly Obama sucks without someone bringing up Bush?
Hey asshole, you are the one who came in here blasting the "hopey and changey" Obama.

People bought into the "change" thing. The idea was, we would "change" away from Bush and the Republicans.

By mocking that, you are tacitly endorsing the Republicans, AND McCain.

So we can not have this discussion without bringing up Bush and McCain, it's as simple as that.

I am still quite happy that America voted for the change. I am hoping Obama and the Dems make something of it. Right now they've pretty much squandered a year, hopefully they will wake the fuck up. But you don't really want to have any kind of discussion about that anyway.
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

bane wrote:I don't give a fuck if he never closes it. He stopped torturing prisoners there and guaranteed them a trial. That's enough for me.
Fair enough.
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Scorpio88 wrote: Why can't we have a discussion about how badly Obama sucks without someone bringing up Bush?
Hey asshole, you are the one who came in here blasting the "hopey and changey" Obama.

People bought into the "change" thing. The idea was, we would "change" away from Bush and the Republicans.

By mocking that, you are tacitly endorsing the Republicans, AND McCain.

So we can not have this discussion without bringing up Bush and McCain, it's as simple as that.

I am still quite happy that America voted for the change. I am hoping Obama and the Dems make something of it. Right now they've pretty much squandered a year, hopefully they will wake the fuck up. But you don't really want to have any kind of discussion about that anyway.

Another one still hoping for change.

Yeah, I am mocking all of the retards who drank the Kool Aid (mmm mmm mmm)

If Obama actually brought about the change everyone was hoping for, it should be pretty easy to discuss all of those wonderful changes without having to deflect to Bush or McCain. Instead, even you admit he squandered a year. (Yes, he CAN!!!)

It seems to be a really touchy subject with some people here. haha. I do want to have a discussion. Please, don't hold back.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

Scorpio88 wrote:If Obama was a great success it should be pretty easy to cite some of the great hopey-changey things he's done...
I like Mr Obama's appointment of Judge Sotomayor to the Supreme Court.

I like his appointment of Hillary Clinton as Secty of State, & think she's doing an effective job.

I think Mr Obama's leadership has steadied a financial system that was on the verge of a fatal heart attack.

I like the way he articulates his goals & aspirations to the average American, something at which the previous President failed.

I'm glad the new administration has pushed health care reform to the forefront, something the previous administration ignored.

I favor the cessation of the torture policies implemented by Dick Cheney.

I favor Mr Obama trying to reach out to the Muslim world with open dialog, contrary to the previous administration.

I could go on with many more examples, but I don't think Scorpio is really interested in any of them, but was more intent upon ridiculing a liberal President who has barely had time to implement policy changes, & for them to truly take effect.

That's why Presidents are elected for a 4 year term.
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

pooldude wrote:I like Mr Obama's appointment of Judge Sotomayor to the Supreme Court.
It's nice you like the Wise Latina. You're not a white firefighter in New Haven.
pooldude wrote:I like his appointment of Hillary Clinton as Secty of State, & think she's doing an effective job.
What do you like specifically? You say she's been effective. You should be able to cite something. I especially liked her rant when the interpreter accidentally asked about her husband and the attempt to "overcharge" the Russians.
pooldude wrote:I think Mr Obama's leadership has steadied a financial system that was on the verge of a fatal heart attack.
Oh, yeah. The economy is going GANGBUSTERS! haha. What's the unemployment rate again?
pooldude wrote:I like the way he articulates his goals & aspirations to the average American, something at which the previous President failed.
http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
pooldude wrote:I'm glad the new administration has pushed health care reform to the forefront, something the previous administration ignored.
Yeah, with all of the other shit going on, be glad he is focusing on healthcare...how about creating some jobs instead of adding a trillion dollars to the deficit?
pooldude wrote:I favor Mr Obama trying to reach out to the Muslim world with open dialog, contrary to the previous administration.
But I thought that the Bushes were all tied to the Saudis? Aren't they Muslim? Anyway, so Obama wants an open dialogs. Great. He'll sit down with Iran, but won't sit down with Chris Wallace. Yeah, he's real into reaching out and open dialog.
pooldude wrote:I could go on with many more examples, but I don't think Scorpio is really interested in any of them, but was more intent upon ridiculing a liberal President who has barely had time to implement policy changes, & for them to truly take effect.

That's why Presidents are elected for a 4 year term.
Please do go on...yeah, I like ridiculing a liberal president. Since you want to bring up the previous administration, how long did you give them to implement their policies before you started to criticize them? You are holding Bush responsible for 9/11 (and he was the President, so yeah, he had a role) then it should be ok to look at Obama's track record so far as well.
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

pooldude wrote:
Scorpio88 wrote:
The previous guy's administration got caught flat footed with its pants down on 9/11.

Great, the president took care of the starving African pirate menace. Now with that very critical situation finally under control, all people who fly in airplanes and work in large office towers don't have to worry anymore. So I guess the world can forget Afghanistan, Pakistan, thousands of suicide bomber terrorists, and hundreds of loose nukes, cause Obama has pirates on the run? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

the passenger wrote:Hey McCain nutswingers, how's that hole rapey-protectey thing going?
Who are the McCain nutswingers here exactly?

(poor attempt at a deflection...)
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

the passenger wrote:
Scorpio88 wrote:
the passenger wrote: Who are the McCain nutswingers here exactly?

(poor attempt at a deflection...)
Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll get better at this, just stick in there, champ.
huh?
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

I like it a lot better than the depression and same old shit thing we had last year. Thanks for asking.
Scorpio88 wrote:Thank goodness we have Dear Leader there to fix things. He's doing an awesome job!
Hmmm... Let's see... The recession is officially over, the USA no longer tortures people, denies them due legal process and locks them in secret prisons and there is that Nobel Prize thing. You're right. He is doing an awesome job.
ImageImage
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

Hey passenger, who are you again? Should I know you or something?
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:I like it a lot better than the depression and same old shit thing we had last year. Thanks for asking.

Hmmm... Let's see... The recession is officially over, the USA no longer tortures people, denies them due legal process and locks them in secret prisons and there is that Nobel Prize thing. You're right. He is doing an awesome job.
The recession's over?! Whoo Hoo! Oh, wait. What's the unemployment rate again? How's the dollar doing?

Some human rights activists said they were less concerned about the actual closing date than about indications that the administration would continue to keep several dozen prisoners in some kind of indefinite detention.

"If you are just going to move people to the United States and hold them without charge here, it will continue to be a source of outrage. We think it's crucial that Guantanamo be closed in a meaningful way," said Joanne Mariner, terrorism and counter-terrorism director at Human Rights Watch.
AWESOME!!!
Scorpio88

Post by Scorpio88 »

the passenger wrote:After a whole 66 posts, I'd be shocked if you knew anyone on here. Congrats on making it this far.

By the way, this is how sludge works:

1. You prove that old adage about the monkey with the typewriter and start a stupid fucking thread.

2. The regs here point out every word of your asshattery.

3. Rinse.

4. Repeat

Are you for real? :lol:

Seriously, thanks for telling me how sludge works.

haha. :lol:
bane

Post by bane »

Passenger: Scorpio's been here forever, just sayin'.
Bourbon Cowboy
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Bourbon Cowboy »

Going fine for me. Thanks for asking.
muppet butt wrote:You're an idiot if you think he has the ability to ban me.