Individual Sovereignty

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Redbeard
Opening Act in Local Bars

Individual Sovereignty

Post by Redbeard »

I never knew this existed. I found out a guy at work declares himself Sovereign and doesn't pay taxes. This is true as many have seen his pay check. So today I looked into this. Come to find out that you can declare yourself Sovereign BUT, the Government can and will eventually come after you for non payment of taxes and you will be responsible for all non payment of taxes including penalties and interest. And if the Government believes you declared yourself Sovereign simply for the reason of avoiding paying taxes you can and will be prosecuted and could go to prison. The real funny thing is this fool(a black man) is an Obama supporter. Being a so-called Sovereign individual means you are non-government EVERYTHING. Kinda hypocritical isn't it? Oh well, he'll get what's coming to him and I'll be there to laugh may ass off! And I must say this......if you hate this country and our laws then LEAVE! It's real simple.....LEAVE!
I'll have plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead!
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Individual Sovereignty

Post by MurrayFiend »

Redbeard wrote:LEAVE!
I was about to say the same to you.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

It's a mighty big leap to attribute the Individual Sovereignty or "I'm not required to pay taxes to the IRS or the evil federal government" movement to Mr Obama, citing one ill advised black supporter.

This type of scheme & school of thought has been around for years, & is primarily the territory of the absolute farthest right wingnuts, survivalists, & very extreme libertarians.

http://www.tax-freedom.com/mindex.htm

The majority of that crowd would be much more at home with Sean Hannity & Rep. Michele Bachmann's Tea Party Express.

Take a hike, Redbeard.
Redbeard
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Redbeard »

He has showed his paycheck to folks at work and he absolutly doesn't have any taxes taken out. My Union Steward said he filled out all the neccesary paperwork and is now tax exempt. How is this possible if it doesn't exist. Oh, and to the to morons, I'm a proud American, I love my Country, and I follow the laws we live under. You're the cowards that need to leave!!!! MurrayFiend, you have no right even commenting on the subject as you are not even an American.....you're a coward Canadian!
I'll have plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead!
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

enter your username wrote:
Redbeard wrote:I never knew this existed.
It doesn't exist. It's an imaginary "human right" that libertarians fantasize about. You have to formerly expatriate to surrender your citizenship for tax purposes. Then you're taxed on all income your earn in the US but not taxed on income earned outside the US. When you expatriate, you are taxed on the capital gains of all property you currently hold. So if you own a house in Spain that you purchased for $200K and it's now worth 800K, you will be taxed on 600K of capital gains, even though you haven't sold the house. Super wealthy people who try to avoid taxes through expatriation usually face such a huge tax bill it is not worth it.
taxes on these properties are taken by the us government, no big deal?
what, those countries also charge taxes, too, right?
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

You can be exempt from income tax withholding if you didn't make enough to pay income tax in 2008 and expect to not pay income tax in 2009. Maybe that is what he was referring to (assuming this isn't a bullshit story). Payroll taxes always have to be withheld. The only exemption to payroll tax withholding is someone making less than $1600 a year (babysitter exception).

Bill Richardson
Tom Daschle
Nancy Killefer
Hilda Solis
Susan Tierney
Gary Locke
Ron Kirk

and ba-boom, the ones ornery to take the office,

Kathleen Sebelius
Timothy Geithner, our Treasury Secretary :shock:
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol: