Bush's spending vs. Obama's spending-How do we pay for it?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Thebottomline
Cockblocked by Poison

Bush's spending vs. Obama's spending-How do we pay for it?

Post by Thebottomline »

Where are all the liberals at that were screaming at George W. Bush because of all his spending? How they are not screaming at Obama and all his spending? Liberals say Bush left us in a hole which is true he did, but Obama is digging a much deeper hole and they are not saying nothing about it at all.

There will always be those who will be loyal to the Republican party and the Democratic party but I wont be one bit surprised if the majority of the American people will backlash against both of those parties in the very near future.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Re: Bush's spending vs. Obama's spending-How do we pay for it?

Post by bane »

The short answer is, there will be a substancial tax increase. The dems say it will only be against the very wealty, but, we'll see if it's enough.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

Thebottomline wrote:Where are all the liberals at that were screaming at George W. Bush because of all his spending? How they are not screaming at Obama and all his spending? Liberals say Bush left us in a hole which is true he did, but Obama is digging a much deeper hole and they are not saying nothing about it at all.
The way I look at it is that Bush spent the money completely needlessly on a foreign country, as well as overwhelmingly on tax breaks for people who did not need them. Obama spent the money to stave off the Second Great Depression.

The health care debate is a red herring, because the whole point of health care reform is to lower costs while improving the system. If Obama were to fail to tackle the health care issue the way Bush II did, America would eventually collapse under the costs of its health care system.

Of course, there is no question Obama is spending a shit load of money. The question is whether the consequences would be worse if he didn't spend it.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

I have to admit, EYU comes up with some very impressive graphs on just about every issue, & sometimes I learn things I never knew. That's why I come here.

This economic meltdown has forced most businesses & families to have to refinance their futures.

Almost all of us have lost wealth, whether it be stocks or real estate or savings.

Banks have to refinance themselves, as well. Governments are no different.

Almost everybody has to push their debt out into the future, especially during hard times.

Remember, what seems expensive today will look like a bargain twenty years from now.

Fifty years from now, people will look @ 2009 costs & think it's a pittance.

I didn't like the way Mr Bush prioritized & spent our money.

I do more closely agree with Mr Obama's overall priorities.

If his ideas work, we may be better off for them. We don't know yet.

But I certainly did not approve of where Mr Bush & his supporters lead us...right into the deepest hole since the Great Depression.

And it's going to take a lot longer than 9 months for any administration to help lead us out of this meltdown.