Why are certain people afraid to call Hasan a terrorist?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Re: Why are certain people afraid to call Hasan a terrorist?

Post by thejuggernaut »

enter your username wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
While he most likely will be convicted, it's not inconceivable that a North American legal system might let him off if the "he was picked on.........he was mentally ill........" card gets played enough..
Actually that is inconceivable. The Federal law was toughened after Hinkley shot Reagan. It's not enough to be mentally ill. Now he'd have to show that he was so crazy, he had no idea he was doing anything wrong. Mental illness might keep him off death row but it's not going to avoid conviction.
§ 17. Insanity defense

(a) Affirmative Defense.— It is an affirmative defense to a prosecution under any Federal statute that, at the time of the commission of the acts constituting the offense, the defendant, as a result of a severe mental disease or defect, was unable to appreciate the nature and quality or the wrongfulness of his acts. Mental disease or defect does not otherwise constitute a defense.
(b) Burden of Proof.— The defendant has the burden of proving the defense of insanity by clear and convincing evidence.

So, as I said, likely to be convicted but not inconceivable he could get off.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

enter your username wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
So, as I said, likely to be convicted but not inconceivable he could get off.
No, it's not like you said. There is no chance he could get off. He might avoid death row. Feds have only executed 3 people in the last 40 years. But he's at least doing life without parole and there is a decent chance he will get the death penalty.
LOL

Ok then.

It's IMPOSSIBLE, no matter how much more information comes out between now and when he is tried, for him to avoid prison.

Of course, there is that other issue, of what's considered "being let off" for a piece of trash like that.

One might say he should be executed right front of city hall down there. However, that's asking too much. Something reasonable would be to toss him into the general mix, but the chances are he'll be put into isolation or heightened security to protect him from vengeance.

That, to me, would be the first step in letting him off. In other words, if they try to make this guy's life easier in any way, that's letting him off.

So, for the record, avoiding the death penalty for that piece of garbage = getting off.

Anything less than being tossed in with the rest of the animals on a life sentence without parole = absolutely getting off.

So, they'll use the mental illness card (remember, we've only just begun to see the list of excuses being made for him), they'll put the US Military on trial, creating appearances of impropriety. Hell, I bet his being a devout muslim and visiting the "harlot infidels" in strip clubs will be brought up as "evidence" that he obviously was not his normal self.

The campaign has already begun to paint him as the victim and, by the time it ever sees a trial, the initial outrage will have cooled off and there will be plenty of people who actually will feel sorry for him.

Christ, now they are talking about how muslims in the military supposedly have it rougher than anyone ever. Worse than the Japanese Americans in WWII who effectively went on suicide missions with the 442nd while their families were interned, to prove their loyalty to the U.S.

Oh, but muslims have to endure jokes and smart ass comments. How awful.

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Interesting article on Hasan and several clues today..

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/15/us/15hasan.html
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

sure, he was a lonely guy, on the outs with peers, girls, society, life.
he was a perfect victim to al queda.

connect the dots..

terrorism.
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

absolutely fabulous wrote:sure, he was a lonely guy, on the outs with peers, girls, society, life.
Or these guys.
ImageImage
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

^ hey , those guys are too cute, not terrorist. or, maybe.. hmm

dude, do you have a hard time following an implied direction?

if not,
i'll explain my response.

he was a perfect applicant for a cult,
what was he doing contacting al queda by phone?
where did he send money to?

ya know, those things..

ps- i especially like the black guy in that pic, too funny
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

absolutely fabulous wrote:sure, he was a lonely guy, on the outs with peers, girls, society, life.

connect the dots..

terrorism.

Sounds a lot like ZVD.

(Post pic of ZVD doing something retarded here.)
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:

connect the dots..

terrorism.

Sounds a lot like ZVD.

(Post pic of ZVD doing something retarded here.)
Is there a picture of him not doing something retarded?
ImageImage