Fox caught using misleading footage......Again?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Fox caught using misleading footage......Again?

Post by Luminiferous »

For the second time in two weeks...Interesting. :lol:

(Nov. 19) -- In the news business, mistakes happen. And sometimes the same mistakes happen more than once.

On Thursday, Fox News again apologized to viewers for what it said was another honest mix-up. As 2008 footage of a well-attended Sarah Palin campaign rally played on the screen, Fox host Gregg Jarrett proclaimed that the former Alaska governor was "continuing to draw huge crowds while promoting her brand-new book." As the year-old images continued to roll, Jarrett added, "Some of the pictures [are] just coming to us. ... The lines earlier had formed this morning."

Michael Clemente, Fox's senior vice president of news, said the goof was unintentional. "This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video," he said in a statement. The network also issued an on-air apology.

It was the second time in two weeks that Fox aired footage that portrayed a crowd size as larger than it actually may have been. Last week, on host Sean Hannity's program, the network aired footage of a robustly attended protest on the Mall in Washington. It said the crowd had been at an anti-health care reform rally organized by Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.

But Comedy Central's Jon Stewart noticed that the footage must have been taken quite some time before Bachmann's rally.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-n ... st-footage

Hannity issued a mea culpa the following night.

http://www.sphere.com/2009/11/19/for-2n ... g-footage/

Oooops? Or not?
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Fox caught using misleading footage......Again?

Post by Caustic Queen »

Fox is as reliable as Star magazine..
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Fox is so fake that Bat Boy turned down a job offer. He thought they were too unsubtle.

I still the love the habit they had of putting a D behind the name of a few disgraced R's.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

meh.

on bachman and palin..
who else covers those stories, that's non news.

(err, i guess if you misreport it, i guess..)
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

Caustic Queen wrote:Fox is as reliable as Star magazine..
This

No weapon formed against me shall prosper...
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
ROADHEAD
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ROADHEAD »

I know right? Cuz NO ONE is attending her book signings! Sheesh...
jahlive 420
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by jahlive 420 »

ROADHEAD wrote:I know right? Cuz NO ONE is attending her book signings! Sheesh...
yeah, great point dipshit.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

lifelike wrote:The only channel more full of shit than Fox is MSNBC.
So what? If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it...
ImageImage
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:

Fox News and MSNBC are equally full of shit. Both appeal to the extreme political bases.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

cc117 wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:

Fox News and MSNBC are equally full of shit. Both appeal to the extreme political bases.
The difference is that MSNBC has Joe Scarborough on for three straight hours in the morning. Imus's old slot. And has Pat Buchanan as one of their in house commentators.

You might have a point if Fox gives a liberal three straight hours of air time. :)

note: I watch it if I'm up that early (the west coast here)...I also enjoyed Tucker Carlson's show, but I understand the ratings sucked donkey balls.

Oh and you might have a point when MSNBC starts putting an "R" behind any Democrat that misbehaves. How unsubtle does a station have to get before people will admit that it's Pravda.
LJP 2002-2014

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

ROADHEAD wrote:I know right? Cuz NO ONE is attending her book signings! Sheesh...
Nobody said she had nobody attending her book signings...

She just doesn't have election campaign crowds cheering her onstage...(like in the footage chose to use to pretend she was)
ROADHEAD

Post by ROADHEAD »

No TV program has ever used file footage of a celebrity, politician, or anyone else when talking about them. They only use footage of the exact situation they are talking about. Now I get it. If they were talking about Palin and showed an Obama rally crowd that would not make sense. They put up some file footage of the person they were talking about. They should all be imprisoned.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

ROADHEAD wrote:No TV program has ever used file footage of a celebrity, politician, or anyone else when talking about them. They only use footage of the exact situation they are talking about. Now I get it. If they were talking about Palin and showed an Obama rally crowd that would not make sense. They put up some file footage of the person they were talking about. They should all be imprisoned.
Dude...once is a mistake, to do it regularly, with Palin here and Bachmann a few days ago....it isn't an error but an editorial choice. Crowds not big enough? Hell, let's find some footage that shows what we want it to show! Curse that Jon Stewart!

Oh, speaking of Fox. Did anyone catch Dana Perino saying this, talking about the Fort Hood shooting.
But, you know, we did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush's term. I hope they're not looking at this politically.
Revisionist or just plain stupid?
LJP 2002-2014

ROADHEAD

Post by ROADHEAD »

If you were fooled by the footage then I guess an apology is in order. If someone can't tell the difference between campaign footage and a bookstore, then there is certainly a problem. I saw a news story on one of the big 3 about Obama and the big dinner he had and they showed footage of him getting off Air Force One. What should I do? Did he have the dinner on the plane? I'm so confused by all the trickery & what not.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

ROADHEAD wrote:No TV program has ever used file footage of a celebrity, politician, or anyone else when talking about them. They only use footage of the exact situation they are talking about. Now I get it. If they were talking about Palin and showed an Obama rally crowd that would not make sense. They put up some file footage of the person they were talking about. They should all be imprisoned.
File footage from a year ago, while they were proclaiming it "happening now" on their show. So you conveniently ignored the Fox newscaster saying "These are some of the pictures just coming into us now. The lines had formed early this morning, she's.. there's a crowd of folks!" while the past campaign footage was showing?

:lol:
ROADHEAD

Post by ROADHEAD »

Luminiferous wrote:
File footage from a year ago, while they were proclaiming it "happening now" on their show. So you conveniently ignored the Fox newscaster saying "These are some of the pictures just coming into us now. The lines had formed early this morning, she's.. there's a crowd of folks!" while the past campaign footage was showing?

:lol:
Show me the clip. If they did it they were stupid. My guess is they were talking about the sigining and showing file footage like is done 24 hours a day on news channels.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

My guess is they were talking about the sigining and showing file footage like is done 24 hours a day on news channels.

Uh sorry Alex....they weren't.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/ ... foota.html

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/11/18/fox ... hot-palin/
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

ROADHEAD wrote:
Show me the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luNheD4D ... r_embedded
ROADHEAD wrote:If they did it they were stupid.
Or they think you are too stupid to care.
ROADHEAD wrote:My guess is they were talking about the sigining and showing file footage like is done 24 hours a day on news channels.
I'm sure the "HAPPENING NOW" in the banner really meant "File footage completely unrelated to the event recorded months earlier."
ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I like how ROADHEAD does drive-bys in here and usually ends up getting owned, and then disappears for a bit. Later, when he shows up again, he proves he hasn't learned a damn thing and repeats the process. His willful ignorance is really something to behold.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

'Willful ignorance' implies a conscious decision on his part to be stupid.
ImageImage
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:'Willful ignorance' implies a conscious decision on his part to be stupid.
Has Roadie's been honing his skills by absorbing the historical tome "Going Rogue"?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

You guys know all these 'news' channels have an agenda. The best one is Fox with the sound turned down so I can see the hot broads without hearing the bullshit they're saying.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

johnk5150 wrote:You guys know all these 'news' channels have an agenda. The best one is Fox with the sound turned down so I can see the hot broads without hearing the bullshit they're saying.

Oh, no doubt. There is no longer such a thing as unbiased news , if there ever was. And I agree - Fox has the hottest broads by far. Which makes me wonder why they have Greta Van Susteren. Perhaps she's the token non-hot broad to give them an air of legitimacy.
HippiChik
I Cum in Peace

Post by HippiChik »

Is it a big deal to misrepresent the popularity of Palin's book tour?
Maybe not.....right at this moment. Come 2012, yeah.

Is it biased, unethical and a misuse of the "press" to misrepresent public opinion of health care reform in order to gain political leverage on a current national debate?
You betcha!

Seriously, where's the responsibility?
You didn't used to be able to just say any old thing on television, no matter how irrelevant.
Ask Dan Rather. :lol:
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

HippiChik wrote:Is it a big deal to misrepresent the popularity of Palin's book tour?
Personally, I enjoyed when the network news channels regularly showed Obama on stage in front of crowds while they showed McCain alone on his bus, as if not a single person in the country was on McCain's side.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:
HippiChik wrote:Is it a big deal to misrepresent the popularity of Palin's book tour?
Personally, I enjoyed when the network news channels regularly showed Obama on stage in front of crowds while they showed McCain alone on his bus, as if not a single person in the country was on McCain's side.
You should actually be thankful they didn't show the Mcain/Palin crowds on a regular basis. Regularly showing that ugly, racist mob would have done far more damage.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
You should actually be thankful they didn't show the Mcain/Palin crowds on a regular basis. Regularly showing that ugly, racist mob would have done far more damage.
Because Obama's crowds were all GQ.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote: Because Obama's crowds were all GQ.

You should never start a sentence with "because."
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote: Because Obama's crowds were all GQ.

You should never start a sentence with "because."

Impressive.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I live to give.