60 Minutes program about 2008 election/Sarah Palin

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Re: 60 Minutes program about 2008 election/Sarah Palin

Post by pooldude »

That's some pretty damning talk about Sarah Palin coming out of Steve Schmidt's mouth.

If what he says is truly accurate, I'd say the GOP is in for a real blood bath come 2012, when they try to figure out who to run against Barack Obama.

I know to a lot of the Hannity / Beck conservatives, Sarah Palin is the next Ronald Reagan, & someone they truly admire.

But I don't think she'll fly with the majority of the American voters.

We shall see.
Last edited by pooldude on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I would like them to run Mike Huckabee, or maybe Romney. Palin would be suicide.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

JakeYonkel wrote:I would like them to run Mike Huckabee, or maybe Romney. Palin would be suicide.
While I don't agree with most of Mike Huckabee's positions, he speaks like a calm & reasonable person, like someone you could debate with, without everyone getting angry. I give him credit for that.

But I think the hard core Palin supporters will shout him down very quickly, especially for being "weak on crime".

I haven't really studied Mr Romney enough to make many comments.

It would be interesting to know if he truly believes ancient Egyptians actually buried the golden Book of Mormon in NY State in 600BC. :wink:
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

JakeYonkel wrote:I would like them to run Mike Huckabee, or maybe Romney. Palin would be suicide.
I think Huckabee would be an excellent choice.
Hames Jetfield
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Hames Jetfield »

Huckabee would be a win for the religious right, and Palin would be a win for the nut-jobs; I don't know which I fear more. McCain royally screwed it by picking her, he made my vote so much easier when he did.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

enter your username wrote:Palin, Huckabee and Joe the Plumber seem to be the front runners right now for the Republicans.
The GOP's next platform for President, Vice President, & Secretary of State?

I'm not laughing.
wylde342
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by wylde342 »

No way they'll let her run. Our media crucified her and people aren't going to forget her myriad of gaffes. She did get a ridiculous amount of scrutiny, and it was very obvious who the media was championing. That being said, I don't think she was or is qualified for the job.
8 inches, limp.
bane

Post by bane »

wylde342 wrote:No way they'll let her run. Our media crucified her and people aren't going to forget her myriad of gaffes. She did get a ridiculous amount of scrutiny, and it was very obvious who the media was championing. That being said, I don't think she was or is qualified for the job.
I don't know. If they're smart they won't run her, but the brainwashed contingent loves that babbling idiot. She can't win. No fucking way. Obama could raise our taxes 150% and set up free crack stores in every inner city and he'd still beat her by a landslide.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

wylde342 wrote:No way they'll let her run. Our media crucified her and people aren't going to forget her myriad of gaffes. She did get a ridiculous amount of scrutiny, and it was very obvious who the media was championing. That being said, I don't think she was or is qualified for the job.
Oh fuck off God boy. The "media" made Palin out to be a complete moron who can't name a single US newspaper she reads?

Complete bullshit. Her failure has nothing to do with the media, except that it provided a forum for her to expose her own stupidity.

What's with the "that being said" bullshit? Either you think she was treated unfairly or you don't.

"media media media," boo fucking hoo.
VinnieKulick
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by VinnieKulick »

She would have been a good pick, if she never spoke. It got the troops psyched up and energized a lot of people who were apathetic, but were GOP.

She's a kook, for sure.
ImageImage
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

"Can I call you Joe", :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the time I'm sure her party tried to spin that as a person who was being kind to her elder, :lol: :lol:

Great story. I had to watch the program twice just to take it all in.

The Obiden footage was also one for the books. Instant comedy from someone who is NOT QUALIFIED to run the U.S.A.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

She was definitely an idiot, but if you don't think the media was out to slaughter her, you're a sheep.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

JakeYonkel wrote:She was definitely an idiot, but if you don't think the media was out to slaughter her, you're a sheep.

Sarah was her own worst enemy.

She had no business pretending she was qualified to be #2, let alone
leading this country.

Some people are over-qualified for a job and passed over.
Same thing could happen to someone who is under-qualified.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

JakeYonkel wrote:She was definitely an idiot, but if you don't think the media was out to slaughter her, you're a sheep.
It looks you opened your mouth prematurely, Jake.

I'd say Fox News has been out to build her up, all along. Who's the sheep? :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01 ... ntributor/

Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor

Jan 11, 2010

FOXNews.com

The 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee is taking up a spot as a regular commentator on Fox News Channel.

2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin is joining Fox News as a contributor, the news channel announced Monday.

The former Alaska governor, whose book, Going Rogue: An American Life, became a bestseller weeks before it was released and remains No. 2 on the New York Times bestseller list, has signed a multi-year deal to offer her political commentary and analysis across all Fox News platforms, including Fox Business Channel, FoxNews.com and Fox News Radio.

She will also participate in special event political programming for Fox Broadcasting.

"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News. It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news," Palin said in a written release.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Another "that being said" person.

I don't CARE if the media was out to slaughter her. It is irrelevant.

it is ONLY relevant if you feel she isn't actually an idiot. Then she was wronged, or portrayed falsly.

She's an idiot. One of the stupidest women on the planet. The media isn't at fault for that perception, she is.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

pooldude wrote:
It looks you opened your mouth prematurely, Jake.

I'd say Fox News has been out to build her up, all along. Who's the sheep? :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01 ... ntributor/

Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor

Jan 11, 2010

FOXNews.com

The 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee is taking up a spot as a regular commentator on Fox News Channel.

2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin is joining Fox News as a contributor, the news channel announced Monday.

The former Alaska governor, whose book, Going Rogue: An American Life, became a bestseller weeks before it was released and remains No. 2 on the New York Times bestseller list, has signed a multi-year deal to offer her political commentary and analysis across all Fox News platforms, including Fox Business Channel, FoxNews.com and Fox News Radio.

She will also participate in special event political programming for Fox Broadcasting.

"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News. It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news," Palin said in a written release.
LOL. It's really something how Fox News is basically the Triple A farm team for the Republican party. Tony Snow moves from being Press Secretary for Bush at Fox to actually holding the title for the administration. And Palin moves from being the Republican VP candidate to Fox.

Fox should just petition to put itself on the ballot and be done with it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I find it hard to believe that there are supporters out there that still are convinced she will do this country any good.
bane

Post by bane »

I think the Fox News thing is a welcome change. She's got some serious ambition and some obvious delusions of grandeur. I'd much rather see her get her "look at me" on as a TV analyst than as a candidate. If she can make a move to Dancing With The Stars the circle will be complete.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:I think the Fox News thing is a welcome change. She's got some serious ambition and some obvious delusions of grandeur. I'd much rather see her get her "look at me" on as a TV analyst than as a candidate. If she can make a move to Dancing With The Stars the circle will be complete.
:lol: :lol:

Her appearances on fucking fox news is just a jumping off point for her and what is left of her dying career.
With her regular appearances on the show, she will be afforded endless opportunities to convince the public her failures if last year are a thing of the past.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

Grendel wrote:I am going to have to get this book. I read an exerpt about John Edwards that was crazy. The guy was a mess.
Supposedly his wife was constantly belittling him and made him feel like an uneducated hick!
wylde342
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by wylde342 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Oh fuck off God boy. The "media" made Palin out to be a complete moron who can't name a single US newspaper she reads?

Complete bullshit. Her failure has nothing to do with the media, except that it provided a forum for her to expose her own stupidity.

What's with the "that being said" bullshit? Either you think she was treated unfairly or you don't.

"media media media," boo fucking hoo.
It's amazing to detect your confidence here in conjunction with the things you say. It's almost as if you stopped your education in the 8th grade. You have people who were blatantly rooting for her opposition saying, "Yes you were certainly treated unfairly," yet lmfao, "Crazy Levi" knows better.

I've asked you before, I'll ask again; what is it you do for a living? Before you were too afraid to even admit it in a PM. Maybe you will now? I find that your attitude and immediate need to bash others opinions ALWAYS reveals certain characterisics about one's place in life. I'd bet the farm they're dead on right with you too.

Go back to hating on me for believing in God. Keep the stupid babbling for your friends who think you're well read and intelligent. If you're too stupid to even comprehend my posts, go ahead and post about it while asking questions my post clearly already answers.

Lastly, please continue to follow every single post of mine with the following:

1. Insult me for believing in God
2. Tell me I'm wrong about things that 4-5 seconds of searching Google would show I'm not.
3. End your post with saying I'm "Whining."

LOFL at you and what you think of yourself. :)
8 inches, limp.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

wylde342 wrote: I've asked you before, I'll ask again; what is it you do for a living? Before you were too afraid to even admit it in a PM. Maybe you will now? I find that your attitude and immediate need to bash others opinions ALWAYS reveals certain characterisics about one's place in life. I'd bet the farm they're dead on right with you too.

Go back to hating on me for believing in God. Keep the stupid babbling for your friends who think you're well read and intelligent. If you're too stupid to even comprehend my posts, go ahead and post about it while asking questions my post clearly already answers.

2. Tell me I'm wrong about things that 4-5 seconds of searching Google would show I'm not.

LOL at thinking anybody here OWES some moron on a message board a response to "who are you and what do you do for a living?"

Are you fucking kidding? You aren't my friend, why should I tell you any personal details about my life?

As far as all the other shit you typed, none of it deserves a response. I'm still waiting for yours on the subject at hand.

You say the "media" was out to make Palin look bad, but "that being said" she's an idiot.

So what exactly is your point? Oh, and I just PMd you asking for your social security number.

Let's see if you are "too afraid" to tell me.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

I just think the media wants a good story, and there's no better story than a VP nominee who can't tell the Democratic presidential and vice presidential nominees apart! :lol:
wylde342
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by wylde342 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
wylde342 wrote: I've asked you before, I'll ask again; what is it you do for a living? Before you were too afraid to even admit it in a PM. Maybe you will now? I find that your attitude and immediate need to bash others opinions ALWAYS reveals certain characterisics about one's place in life. I'd bet the farm they're dead on right with you too.

LOL at thinking anybody here OWES some moron on a message board a response to "who are you and what do you do for a living?"

Are you fucking kidding? You aren't my friend, why should I tell you any personal details about my life?

As far as all the other shit you typed, none of it deserves a response. I'm still waiting for yours on the subject at hand.

You say the "media" was out to make Palin look bad, but "that being said" she's an idiot.

So what exactly is your point? Oh, and I just PMd you asking for your social security number.

Let's see if you are "too afraid" to tell me.
Ok, you missed it again:

1. Yes I think she was treated unfairly.
2. I don't think she was qualified for the job.

Can you REALLY not figure that out from my original post?
8 inches, limp.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

wylde342 wrote:
Ok, you missed it again:

Either she's an idiot or she isn't. I think she is, and I think anybody who isn't thinking with their bible would agree. I don't see how she was treated "unfairly" by the press. It isn't their fault she's an idiot.

At this point I'm actually more interested in knowing why you think I owe someone I've never met, and don't care to meet, an explanation of what I do for a living, and why my failure to disclose that somehow means I'm "afraid to admit it."

The PM didn't even deserve a response, though I graciously offered one. At the time you said "No problem. I can certainly understand the wish for privacy."

Why the change of heart? Why do you no longer understand that I don't feel like sharing personal details with you?
wylde342
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by wylde342 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
wylde342 wrote:
Ok, you missed it again:

Either she's an idiot or she isn't. I think she is, and I think anybody who isn't thinking with their bible would agree. I don't see how she was treated "unfairly" by the press. It isn't their fault she's an idiot.

At this point I'm actually more interested in knowing why you think I owe someone I've never met, and don't care to meet, an explanation of what I do for a living, and why my failure to disclose that somehow means I'm "afraid to admit it."

The PM didn't even deserve a response, though I graciously offered one. At the time you said "No problem. I can certainly understand the wish for privacy."

Why the change of heart? Why do you no longer understand that I don't feel like sharing personal details with you?
I direct you to the Lounge where there have been countless threads titled "Who are you and what do you do?" Yes, I think you are afraid to talk about what you do, and probably a lot more than that. It has nothing to do with the job, because there is no shame in any honest work. It's more about the person.

I own an IT Consulting Company. Was that hard? Pooldude even tells us in his screen name what he does. Lots and lots of people here have said what it is they do. And before you think I'm bragging b/c of the word "Own," let me assure you I'm far from rich. Just happens to be what I do.

I'm not thinking with my Bible buddy, I just know guys like you. There are guys like you all over the place who talk like badasses but when you read their text, it says quite a bit about the person behind the keyboard. Your entire history in this thread is exactly what I knew it'd be. That's exactly why you responded as I knew you would, and ended up playing into my hand. You were also stupid enough to forget that you *did* answer my question in the PM, but out of respect to you and your family, I won't post it, nor would I ever. In case you think I'm bullshitting you, it has to do with the type of collar you wear.

To help you understand as it's a bit of a challenge for you, here you're like the guy who weighs 275lbs and talks shit all night to people in a club or bar. Then he ends up getting his ass kicked by some short wimpy guy because the big guy never thought someone would try him.

People who lack intelligence and hide behind sarcasm are so easily called out, you can do it on a message board without ever meeting them.
8 inches, limp.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

wylde342 wrote:In case you think I'm bullshitting you, it has to do with the type of collar you wear.
LOL! God you are douchebag.

I never said I didn't respond to you. I said you were an asshole for thinking you have some kind of right to know, or that somehow I'm a pussy since I'm not interested in sharing that kind of information with you.

I'll clear up the big mystery - here's what I wrote-

"Don't really like discussing personal information like that amongst sludgers. I have both a (unique) blue collar and a white collar job."

You told me at the time that you felt that response was totally reasonable, and now you think I owe you some kind of explanation.

Fuck you, I don't owe you anything. THIS IS AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. We go here to waste time and argue with idiots we will never meet.

And there is no need for anything beyond that. I'm flattered that you want to be my buddy and learn all sorts of personal details about me, but you are going to have to seek that kind of relationship from someone else, I'm not interested.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

God this is unseemly.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

I was waitin' the last couple hours for Jake to talk about the Fox News developments...but I guess he's busy runnin' around with the flock.

Baaaah! :lol:
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Meh, I went to dinner.

Look at it this way, now she's in the public eye (on Fox) to either make an ass of herself every week or at least brush up on her politics. There's a good chance of this being a train wreck, so for that factor alone I look forward to it.