Tea Baggers Vow Revenge! Ooooooooo, scary!

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Tea Baggers Vow Revenge! Ooooooooo, scary!

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – If you thought Tea Party activists were mad before, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Instead of being discouraged by passage of health care reform, tea party activists across the country say the defeat is a rallying cry that makes them more focused than ever on voting out any lawmaker who supported the measure.

"We're not going to stop. Obviously, the whole tea party movement started because we're about smaller government and less spending and less taxes. There is absolutely no way we can pay for this," said Denise Cattoni, state coordinator for Illinois Tea Party, an umbrella group for about 50 groups from around Illinois.

Cattoni says the health care defeat doesn't deflate tea party activists. "We couldn't stop it because of the shenanigans that went on in Washington," Cattoni said. "People are definitely more driven today than they were yesterday without a doubt."

A group of mostly Republican attorneys general were girding for a legal fight, filing a lawsuit Tuesday in federal court in Florida within moments of the landmark health care reforms being signed into law by President Barack Obama.

Within hours of its passage, conservative commentators Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh — darlings of the tea party movement — were venting their anger, vowing a bloodbath at the polls on Election Day.

"We need to defeat these bastards. We need to wipe them out," Limbaugh said. "We need to chase them out of town. But we need to do more than that. We need to elect conservatives. If there are Republican primaries, elect conservatives and then defeat the Democrats — every last one of them — and then we start the repeal process."

Tea party activists said they do not see passage of the reforms that usher in near-universal medical coverage as the end of the debate. Instead, they're looking to push for its repeal on several fronts: in the courts and during this year's elections.

So far, the nascent movement has almost reveled in its rebellious and grass roots nature and has avoided becoming as much a part of the establishment as the Republican and Democratic parties. But some tea party organizers see the health care debate as a galvanizing force that could stir its followers to greater action and something to rally around with midterm elections this year.

"There's going to be a whole, all-out effort for an Election Day onslaught," said Michael Caputo, a public relations consultant who works with tea party activists on the national level, as well as in Florida and New York. "The health care process has been an incendiary issue for the tea party organizations since Day 1. Losing that vote is going to inflame them more."

The number of tea party groups has been growing for a little more than a year. Many in the movement were previously not politically active and have a strong independent streak, making organization sometimes difficult.

Most share a common belief that government spending and influence should be limited and they're angry about the policies under the Obama administration and the Democratic-controlled Congress including last year's $787 billion federal stimulus package and health care.

In a conference call with tea party activists Monday night, Eric Odom of the Patriot Caucus mapped ambitious plans to set up state chapters, organize voters online and raise money to oust incumbents who supported the health care overhaul.

He predicted the vote would increase support for the movement across the country.

The government "has declared war on our way of life," Odom from Nevada told listeners.

"It's now time to boot them from office," said Odom, who chairs the Liberty First PAC, a fundraising arm of the group. "We absolutely must have your help."

In Florida, about 85 tea party groups encompass about 100,000 people, according to Everett Wilkinson, a leader in the state's movement. A small rally is being planned in Boca Raton on Tuesday with more likely the rest of the week in response to the vote, he said.

There are similar reactions elsewhere.

"We will be more determined than ever to see that this country is governed the way the constitution intended," said Brenda Bowen, a tea party organizer in Greenville, Ala. "We are all getting our second wind. When we do, you'd better watch out."

Even though they didn't stop the bill, Tim Dake, organizer of the Milwaukee-area group GrandSons of Liberty, said he and others intend to push for a state constitutional amendment that would prohibit forcing people to buy health insurance. The amendment has been introduced by Republicans in the Democratic-controlled Wisconsin Legislature, but there are no plans to hold a hearing on it.

The Republican-controlled Legislature is pushing a similar measure in Florida. If lawmakers put it on the ballot, at least 60 percent of voters would have to approve it.

Christen Varley, head of the Greater Boston Tea Party Organizers, said the House health vote was both "heartbreaking" and a wake-up call.

"I think we all went to bed a little dejected last night, but from the communication I received this morning, people are energized," said Varley. Sarah Palin is scheduled to headline a tea party rally on historic Boston Common on April 14.

Massachusetts already has a form of universal health care, yet the state made passage of the bill more difficult when voters elected Republican Scott Brown to replace the late Sen. Ted Kennedy — who spent nearly his entire career pushing for health care for all. Brown's election took away Democrats' filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

Whether or not tea partiers will be able to turn anger into organization may vary from state to state.

"People in the Tea Party movement are fiercely independent. They don't like being told what to do. It's like herding cats," said Chad Capps, strategy coordinator for a Huntsville, Ala., group.

While tea party activists have made themselves heard, University of North Florida political science professor Matthew Corrigan said the movement alone won't be enough to oust incumbents.

"Do they have energy? Yes. Have they been getting into the media? Yes, but they still haven't sold me on the fact that they can swing elections," Corrigan said.

___

Associated Press writers Deanna Bellandi in Chicago, Steve LeBlanc in Boston, Scott Bauer in Madison, Wis., Phillip Rawls in Montgomery, Ala., and Michael Blood in Los Angeles, contributed to this report.

(This version CORRECTS Corrects that lawsuit filed by mostly GOP AGs sted all GOP AGs.)
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Re: Tea Baggers Vow Revenge! Ooooooooo, scary!

Post by JakeYonkel »

OOOOH, look at all those RACISTS!!!

Oh yeah, don't let me forget...
:roll: :roll: :roll:
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

JakeYonkel wrote:OOOOH, look at all those RACISTS!!!

while i'm sure there are plenty of racists in the tea party movement, just as there are plenty of racists in many liberal groups as well, I really want to see the spitter vid that olbermann claims is being withheld for some odd reason(dosn't exist maybe). Maybe they should find out where roger Mcdowell was on that day.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Well, with all that venom being spewed from their mouths Sunday, I'm sure a little bit of spit had to land on someone. :P
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

no shit, racist kill the bill shouting mouth breathers, they should go back to Texas and STFU. it's an outrage.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Wolverines!
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Douchebaggers make yet another post about a "fake" movement.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

dtmfs wrote:

while i'm sure there are plenty of racists in the tea party movement, just as there are plenty of racists in many liberal groups as well, I really want to see the spitter vid that olbermann claims is being withheld for some odd reason(dosn't exist maybe). Maybe they should find out where roger Mcdowell was on that day.
The democrat party is full of racists of which a huge number voted for Obama, just because he's black.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

More fun from the douchebaggers:

http://thismodernworld.com/5050

Watch and be afraid, be very afraid.
Last edited by TravisBickelsMohawk on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Nevermind wrote:
dtmfs wrote:

The democrat party is full of racists of which a huge number voted for Obama, just because he's black.

And just as many white people voted against Obama because he's black.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

TravisBickelsMohawk wrote:

And just as many white people voted against Obama because he's black.
Maybe, but you can't prove to which party those racists belong to.
ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

Post by ChowderheadCheerleader »

Did you know?

The "Tea Party" is run, financed and OVERLOOKED by the Republican party? Yup, they are REPUBLICANS in disguise and are running a Republican agenda FOR the Republicans! Only a fucking MORON would join that party thinking otherwise.

FACT.

Now you know!

EatNails wrote:There is no defense for a male Poison fan.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Nevermind wrote:
dtmfs wrote:

Go here and see how many Democrats you find:
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/
I know you'll be at home there.
ImageImage
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I don't think the Democrats that voted for Obama because he was black did so because they were RACIST. That's the wrong term.

They were caught up in "making history" and "change" and the ignorant thought that a brother in the White House was going to pay their bills. That's all it was. It wasn't all like "fuck whitey."
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

JakeYonkel wrote:I don't think the Democrats that voted for Obama because he was black did so because they were RACIST. That's the wrong term.

They were caught up in "making history" and "change" and the ignorant thought that a brother in the White House was going to pay their bills. That's all it was. It wasn't all like "fuck whitey."
I understand what your saying Jake, but I think you are wrong. If anyone voted for Obama (and there are many) based solely on the fact that he was black, that is racism. Not racism as in fuck the white man, but it's still racist.
alexharvey
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by alexharvey »

Nevermind wrote: The democrat party
Democratic. Funny how you cry over teabagger yet still do this.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Nevermind wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:I don't think the Democrats that voted for Obama because he was black did so because they were RACIST. That's the wrong term.

I understand what your saying Jake, but I think you are wrong. If anyone voted for Obama (and there are many) based solely on the fact that he was black, that is racism. Not racism as in fuck the white man, but it's still racist.

Wrong.

rac·ism
   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Voting for Obama because he's black doesn't necessarily show racism. Voting against him because he is black, though, does. Perhaps an argument based purely in semantics. I'm not saying that there weren't a lot of votes for Obama by people who wanted to stick it to whitey, and those were indeed racist votes. That doesn't mean all of them were racist.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

I'm not willing to proclaim the Ballbaggers (Ed note: "Ballbaggers" term courtesy of Jake Yonkel) as racist in general. Probably a few of them are, and they make the rest look bad. But I do know they're nutjobs, and they don't know WTF they're talking about either. Survey after survey has shown they don't seem to realize how much taxes they're actually paying (they think they pay a lot more than they actually do) and they think Barry O has raised their taxes, when in fact he's lowered them.

As far as them vowing revenge and being even madder than before, didn't David Frum say this would happen? Fox News and Rush Limbaugh are really riling these mental midgets up to boost their own ratings, to the detriment of the Republican Party overall. It cannot possibly be positive to have these nutbars as the face of your party - and in embracing these people as their base, the Republican politicians have now backed themselves into a very radical corner that they can't get out of. They can't work with Democrats on anything, because if they do they get skewered for it by the Ballbaggers (see Lindsey Graham), and if all they do is obstruct they will become irrelevant, as the Democrats have finally grown a pair and learned how to steamroll them.

The GOP has done this to itself.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

Ugmo wrote: As far as them vowing revenge and being even madder than before, didn't David Frum say this would happen? Fox News and Rush Limbaugh are really riling these mental midgets up to boost their own ratings, to the detriment of the Republican Party overall. It cannot possibly be positive to have these nutbars as the face of your party - and in embracing these people as their base, the Republican politicians have now backed themselves into a very radical corner that they can't get out of.
Last night Bill O'Reilly warned the Republicans that having the extreme Tea Party nuts being perceived as the face of the party could backfire on them.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

You know what's awesome? He's raising taxes on the wealthy. About time!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/busin ... dt.html?hp
A big chunk of the money to pay for the bill comes from lifting payroll taxes on households making more than $250,000. On average, the annual tax bill for households making more than $1 million a year will rise by $46,000 in 2013, according to the Tax Policy Center, a Washington research group. Another major piece of financing would cut Medicare subsidies for private insurers, ultimately affecting their executives and shareholders.

The benefits, meanwhile, flow mostly to households making less than four times the poverty level — $88,200 for a family of four people. Those without insurance in this group will become eligible to receive subsidies or to join Medicaid. (Many of the poor are already covered by Medicaid.) Insurance costs are also likely to drop for higher-income workers at small companies.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

You should read that article I just posted. It appears Obama's health care plan will finally counter the trend in income redistribution toward the wealthy that's been going on since the 70s.

Good news for the rest of... well you, as I don't live there.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Hey, here's what it looks like when Teabaggers get revenge:

Law enforcement authorities are investigating the discovery of a cut propane gas line at the Virginia home of Rep. Tom Perriello’s (D-Va.) brother, whose address was targeted by tea party activists angry at the congressman’s vote for the health care bill.

An aide to the congressman confirmed to POLITICO that a line to a propane tank behind his brother's home near Charlottesville had been sliced.

The FBI would not disclose the details of the incident, but said that they have been to the home.

“This is very preliminary at this point, so we’re not making any comment at this time,” local FBI spokesman M.A. Myers told POLITICO.

A spokesman for the Albemarle County Fire Marshal would not comment on whether they too are investigating the incident.

POLITICO reported on Monday that Mike Troxel, an organizer for the Lynchburg Tea Party, posted on his blog what he thought was the congressman’s address, encouraging tea party activists to “drop by.”

The address has since been posted on websites of at least one other local tea party activist.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/03 ... z0j75yuOm7
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34934.html

What an awesome idea it was for the Republicans to join forces with these upstanding citizens!
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

YourMomma wrote:
Ugmo wrote:
What an awesome idea it was for the Republicans to join forces with these upstanding citizens!
Without them they don't win shit in November, and beyond.
Yeah, enlisting these loonies paid off for McCain so well.

Now that they have an official name and an email list, I'm sure it's gonna be even more successful.

These Tea Party idiots are like Joe the Plumber - Morons who shouldn't be given the time of day, much less a platform to spread their ignorance on the GOP's dole. And just like Joe the Plumber, they'll end up fucking you.

If the Repubs really decide the Ballbaggers are their best hope, they are truly finished.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

YourMomma wrote:He's just spreading the wealth around. Just as he said he would. He's a socialist. At least he's making it clear now.
Like every U.S. president up until Jimmy Carter, right? All of them socialists.

Don't you stand to gain from this (assuming you don't make more than 250,000 bucks a year)? Why are you more concerned with the rich man's rights than everyone else's?
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

TravisBickelsMohawk wrote:Image
:lol:

You should really hang a tea bag off of the pinky toe as well.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

YourMomma wrote:The Tea Party movement did not exist during the election of 2008. Hopefully you know that.
Funny thing is I've been thinking about this all week long. Remember those videos that kept surfacing from the angry McCain/Palin rallies during the campaign? The ones where people were saying they wouldn't vote for a black man, and claiming Obama was a socialist, and all the real America vs. fake America stuff? Or crazy old woman who thought Obama was an Arab and angry old man who wouldn't sit down until he had told the crowd that Obama and Pelosi were hooligans? We kind of forgot about all those simpletons after the election, but it turns out they all joined the Teabagger Party so they could keep making asses of themselves in public.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

YourMomma wrote:So you agree that he's a socialist. That's good. Clarity is the most important virtue in political discussion.
Exactly. He and Ike Eisenhower and Nixon and Gerald Ford, and every other president in office before the trend in income redistribution toward the rich began in the 70s. All socialists!

Ugmo wrote:My biggest concern these days is the spiraling deficit and ever expanding national debt of the United States. It will sink this country. It is simply unsustainable.
Yet you oppose the expiration of Bush's unfunded tax cuts which are largely responsible for the current deficits, as well as the health care reform that will reduce the deficit? Weird.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

YourMomma wrote:We both know the difference. I would hope.
You don't think it's exactly the same people? The lunatic fringe from the McCain/Palin rallies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgwiFOid0gA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QhJJBfw ... re=related

I'm not saying that all the Teabaggers are as crazy as these people, but I am saying the crazies from the campaign most likely all joined the Teabagger Party.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

YourMomma wrote:I support extension of the Bush tax cuts. To let them sunset in this type of economy is irresponsible at best. The mistake Bush made was he raised spending at the same time. The key is spending reduction and all of the tax increases in the world wont help when you are quadrupling the deficit in just one year the way Obama has.

The health care bill will not reduce the deficit for reasons I've stated here time and again. If you like bets, that is one I will make with you. It's a lock.

We went over this on the thread I started about the deficit - you could completely eliminate all non-entitlement spending and you wouldn't come close to balancing the budget, because the tax revenues are not there unless you let the Bush tax cuts expire.

Wait, so you are saying you know more about Obamacare's effect on the deficit than the CBO? Are you going on the record with that?