so when did obama go wrong?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dong dokken
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

so when did obama go wrong?

Post by dong dokken »

somebody had to ask
Sid wrote:I've seen some of those sites.Damn,some of those sites are sick.Those bad girls are too bad for me.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: so when did obama go wrong?

Post by Ugmo »

dong dokken wrote:somebody had to ask
What, no poll options?

:)
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Van Halen III
ImageImage
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I'd say...

Americans on the right weren't going to give him a chance anyway.

Then you've got those on the left who had the world promised to them which he was obviously unable to fulfill, but people say whatever they need to in order to get elected.

Then you've got righties who cry he's too liberal and lefties that cry he's not liberal enough.

So somewhere in that mess is where he's 'went wrong.'

Not that I think we'd be any less divided with McCain in office. This is just how American politics is bound to play out for the forseeable future.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I didn't vote for Obama (or McCain) but after he won, I was hoping for him to succeed. I was hoping for him to do the things that were in his enumerated power to reverse the ills of the Bush administration. Then after he got into office and failed to end the wars and corral the dems and right minded republicans to end the Patriot Act, I knew then that it was all an act. Then he increases the defense budget to larger than anything in the Bush years, shimmies US Soldiers from Iraq to Afghanistan and calls it de-escalation, and balloons the deficit in the middle of a recession. He's a mirror image of Bush.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

The great thing about that is that you didn't hear a THING from his supporters about his renewal of the Patriot Act, when they were screaming about it when Bush was in office.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:The great thing about that is that you didn't hear a THING from his supporters about his renewal of the Patriot Act, when they were screaming about it when Bush was in office.
Not to mention, a shocking amount of the people against the Patriot Act due to privacy invasion were in favor of letting government have full access to their medical history. Apparently they do not fear the possibility of being a refused a job due to something in their medical history (or any other number of similar acts), but goddammit if they wanted Bush and Cheney listening to them talk about how Ralphie puked on himself, Joey burnt his asshole lighting farts, and Stephanie and Michael fucked in a closet at the wild party they were at Saturday night.

As for where Obama went wrong - the same place every other politician goes wrong, and that's deciding to become a politician. Although, chances are there was a wrong turn before that which rendered them enough of a failure to want to get into politics in the first place.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Damn, very well spoken.
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:The great thing about that is that you didn't hear a THING from his supporters about his renewal of the Patriot Act, when they were screaming about it when Bush was in office.
As is often the case, it's not that simple:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ght-on-go/

(Semniferous Buttnoid will enjoy the link.)

Congress extended it, not Obama. But you're right in that he hasn't taken leadership on revising it like he said he would.

I'm not in favor of the Patriot Act, but this might be another example of people misinterpreting or just plain ignoring his campaign pledges and then being upset afterwards that he hasn't done what they incorrectly assumed he'd do (like his Iraq and Afghanistan policies).
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Ugmo wrote:
As is often the case, it's not that simple:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ght-on-go/

(Semniferous Buttnoid will enjoy the link.)

Congress extended it, not Obama. But you're right in that he hasn't taken leadership on revising it like he said he would.
Actually it is a lot simpler. Congress is at fault because they, being a Democratic controlled body, passed an extension with no changes when they had been railing against it for the past six years. Obama is at fault because he failed to use the bully pulpit of the Presidency to pressure a Democratic controlled Congress to repeal the law. He was quite adept at using this power to pass health care. He has not held up his end according to his powers. Politifact (as usual) shifts the blame to congress when the question is did Obama do as much as he could to get it repealed as per his campaign promise? The answer is no.

I'm not in favor of the Patriot Act, but this might be another example of people misinterpreting or just plain ignoring his campaign pledges and then being upset afterwards that he hasn't done what they incorrectly assumed he'd do (like his Iraq and Afghanistan policies).
If you are really against the Patriot Act you should be extremely pissed and more critical. As far as his Afghanistan and Iraq war policies, the link to article you keep posting from Politifact is another subjective framing device that diverts blame away. The fact that Obama is moving toward withdrawal is not the same as withdrawal. He has reduced the number of troops in Iraq by transferring them to Afghanistan and raised the defense budget to over $725 billion. Politifact is basically saying that technically since Obama still has another two years to withdraw the troops, that he technically hasn't broken any promises.

That's like if he said he was going to stop beating his wife in the future and Politifact wrote an article saying, " Hey! He still has another 40 years of marriage, technically he hasn't broken his promise to stop beating his wife!"

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Chevyman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Chevyman »

the day he was sworn in
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Clearly you don't visit Democratic sites like Daily Kos (the big kahuna) or others...he got a new one ripped for it...and lucky you if you weren't there for the Health Care Reform "debate"...it was grisly.

I check the hiddens (comments hidden by trusted users on Kos , of which I am one...not that that is all that special, you just need enough recommends)..anyway, I check the hiddens for the LULZ...catfight! Oh while I am here, if you never heard of the original piefight, it was over an ad that had a pic of the new Ginger and Maryann pieing each in scantily clad outfits. There was a huge dust-up and a bunch of doctrinaire feminists ( and their "new men" supporters) got upset and the site was divided over it, fighting about it in diary after diary. The final icing on the cake was when Kos himself said he was keeping the ad and wouldn't let the "women's studies set" dictate to him. I laughed my ass off. They went off in a huff.

For some folks Obama "went wrong" on November 4, 2008. I'm feeling much better myself...not happy with everything, but it's better than the alternative and Bush.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Hames Jetfield
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Hames Jetfield »

It is a bit sheepish the way the Patriot Act thing has been handled. But anyone who thinks we're going to be out of the mid-east anytime soon is delusional; unfortunately, we're there for the long haul under any president.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

The day he decided to be bipartisan to a fault instead of doing what he was elected for.
ImageImage
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:The day he decided to be bipartisan
:lol: Holy crap! I about scorched my shorts. Thanks for the laugh.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Nevermind wrote:
After the healthcare bitchslap you received, you could use one. :lol:
ImageImage
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
Nevermind wrote:
You call me stupid after you just contradict the shit out of yourself and make yourself look like an assclown :lol:
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

vlad wrote:
Clearly you don't visit Democratic sites like Daily Kos (the big kahuna) or others...he got a new one ripped for it...and lucky you if you weren't there for the Health Care Reform "debate"...it was grisly.

I check the hiddens (comments hidden by trusted users on Kos , of which I am one...not that that is all that special, you just need enough recommends)..anyway, I check the hiddens for the LULZ...catfight! Oh while I am here, if you never heard of the original piefight, it was over an ad that had a pic of the new Ginger and Maryann pieing each in scantily clad outfits. There was a huge dust-up and a bunch of doctrinaire feminists ( and their "new men" supporters) got upset and the site was divided over it, fighting about it in diary after diary. The final icing on the cake was when Kos himself said he was keeping the ad and wouldn't let the "women's studies set" dictate to him. I laughed my ass off. They went off in a huff.

what?
who knew kos wasn't sensitive to women's plight.
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:If you are really against the Patriot Act you should be extremely pissed and more critical. As far as his Afghanistan and Iraq war policies, the link to article you keep posting from Politifact is another subjective framing device that diverts blame away. The fact that Obama is moving toward withdrawal is not the same as withdrawal. He has reduced the number of troops in Iraq by transferring them to Afghanistan and raised the defense budget to over $725 billion. Politifact is basically saying that technically since Obama still has another two years to withdraw the troops, that he technically hasn't broken any promises.

That's like if he said he was going to stop beating his wife in the future and Politifact wrote an article saying, " Hey! He still has another 40 years of marriage, technically he hasn't broken his promise to stop beating his wife!"
No, Politifact is saying he is doing exactly what he said he would do during the campaign. He set a timeframe for pulling out of Iraq and he is actually ahead of it. He said he would build up troops in Afghanistan and that's exactly what he's done. You presumably didn't vote for Obama anyway, but even if you had you would have no justification to bitch about his Afghanistan/Iraq policy, because his position has not wavered from his campaign promises.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Nevermind wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
Nevermind wrote:
You call me stupid after you just contradict the shit out of yourself and make yourself look like an assclown :lol:
Thanks, Shagg.
ImageImage
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Shagg/Roxxstarr/Yourmomma just outed himself again.

Dude, how many usernames do you have in the vault?
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

I already told both of you last week, I have this one username and that's it. I have no idea why you think I'm someone else. Whatever. It seems to give the liberals on the board a reason to live. Fine, I'm Shag, Roxxxxtar, Ugmo, or whoever you want me to be.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

You sure ain't Ugmo! There's only one Ugmo.

For the record I'm okay with you no matter which of your four names you post under. I think you are a pretty worthless War Board poster since you don't even engage in debate (unlike Vinnie Kulick, for example) but mostly troll for a reaction from the liberals here. But at least you don't act like a dick (unlike me, for example!).