Mayor Bloomberg is an idiot.

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: Mayor Bloomberg is an idiot.

Post by Ugmo »

thejuggernaut wrote:Your bias induced cement headedness never ceases to amaze. In spite of the fact that you actually bolded the very sentence, you still missed the fact that it was designed as a dig at Bush.
I didn't miss jack shit, so don't flatter yourself that what you said was in any way insightful or clever. You tried to come off as even-handed by blaming both equally, when there is NOT equal blame to go around. Dubya ignored Al Qaeda prior to 9/11, whereas Clinton spent most of his second term dealing with the terrorist threat, however inadequately (although when he did attack them, he got blamed for it from the right).
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

EvilMadman wrote:
You mean like the many liberals who were predicting/HOPING for disaster in Iraq, just so they could say "The Iraq war was a bad idea. I told ya so"? :roll:

So if they do it, it's OK if you do? Nice to know.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

EvilMadman wrote:You mean like the many liberals who were predicting/HOPING for disaster in Iraq, just so they could say "The Iraq war was a bad idea. I told ya so"? :roll:
The Iraq War was a bad idea. Hundreds of thousands of lives lost and a trillion dollars spent, and the place is still a violent, dangerous shithole.

The only people it was a good idea for were the war profiteers from Halliburton and Blackwater.
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

chickenona wrote:There was a report issued to the national security advisor's office in August of 2001 entitled "BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO STRIKE IN THE US" that got back-burnered by the Bush administration. They made every indication that they didn't take the threat seriously even though the transition team left them a lot of material on the subject to indicate that they should. Try and drop this in anybody's lap but Bush's all you want, but they had every reason to see 9/11 coming and failed. Live with it.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Jul17.html

FAIL! :lol:

It was BOTH Bush and Clintoon that blew it big time!
EvilMadman

Post by EvilMadman »

tin00can wrote:
EvilMadman wrote:
You mean like the many liberals who were predicting/HOPING for disaster in Iraq, just so they could say "The Iraq war was a bad idea. I told ya so"? :roll:

So if they do it, it's OK if you do? Nice to know.
I never said it was okay for anybody to do! To purposefully wish for horrible things to happen to the country or innocent people or whatever, just so some assholes might be able to gain some sort of political advantage from it. I was merely trying to point out some leftist hypocrisy. Always accusing rightwingers of doing something that the left has also done previously.
Last edited by EvilMadman on Wed May 05, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:

However, I am inclined to think a message of "not even your MILITARY bases are safe from WITHIN" is a much more powerful statement, especially post-911, than "we hijacked COMMERICAL airliners and flew them into buildings".

Especially given the lack of testicular fortitude that has been on display since Bush 1.
I'm inclined to think that you are way fucking wrong. Most citizens, in their daily lives, don't think much about the military. We aren't in it, we don't fight wars in far away lands, and we don't go to boot camp.

Soldiers get killed, and psychologically, Americans are more mentally prepared to accept dead soldiers than they are "innocents" going about their daily lives. The proof of this is the lack of nutball consipracy theories for Fort Hood.

The average American citizen, however, does fly on a routine basis, and goes to work on a daily basis. It's far more horrifying for us to contemplate the fear that we can get blown up simply getting on a plane or going to work. Which is of course why retards have created the "truther" movement- they are so terrified of the randomness of 9/11 that they can't accept it.

You can't compare fort hood to 9/11 in the American psyche, and the acts of one ideologically motivated psycho to a coordinated terrorist attack that killed thousands of Americans.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

EvilMadman wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Jul17.html

How is it Clinton's fault if Clinton warned Bush this might happen? Your link doesn't back up your argument. If anything it confirms that Bush knew the plane hijacking scenario was a possibility and wasn't able to prevent it.

EDIT: For that matter all it says was they were aware that Bin Laden wanted to hijack planes, which is like being aware that water is wet. Bush was specifically notified several months into his first term that Al Qaeda might use hijacked planes to attack buildings, right? So how does what you posted in any way indict Clinton?
Last edited by Ugmo on Wed May 05, 2010 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:Your bias induced cement headedness never ceases to amaze. In spite of the fact that you actually bolded the very sentence, you still missed the fact that it was designed as a dig at Bush.
I didn't miss jack shit, so don't flatter yourself that what you said was in any way insightful or clever. You tried to come off as even-handed by blaming both equally, when there is NOT equal blame to go around. Dubya ignored Al Qaeda prior to 9/11, whereas Clinton spent most of his second term dealing with the terrorist threat, however inadequately (although when he did attack them, he got blamed for it from the right).

Yeah, that's what it was Mattie.

I should have added a little note emphasizing the Bush dig.

Admittedly, my post was probably a little too cryptic for a schmendrick who just learned what a parenthetical reference was at the end of Q1.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

You're a fucking tool. Here is your original post:
The Clinton team didn't do a bang up job.

They sat on their asses writing papers to hand off to a moron who can't read.

They're both morons.
Yeah, that's all a big set-up for a Bush joke. Fuck off. You clearly were implying they were both equally to blame.

They were not. You lose at life, again.
EvilMadman

Post by EvilMadman »

Ugmo wrote:
EvilMadman wrote:You mean like the many liberals who were predicting/HOPING for disaster in Iraq, just so they could say "The Iraq war was a bad idea. I told ya so"? :roll:
The Iraq War was a bad idea. Hundreds of thousands of lives lost and a trillion dollars spent, and the place is still a violent, dangerous shithole.

The only people it was a good idea for were the war profiteers from Halliburton and Blackwater.
...And the people who live there. :lol:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 884558.htm

Can you at least do a little research, before regurgitating the same ol' talking points that everyone on Earth has heard ten million times? You have to have current information about important topics.

Only "a trillion dollars"? Obama could probably spend that much on his lunch tomorrow afternoon. :lol:
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

However, I am inclined to think a message of "not even your MILITARY bases are safe from WITHIN" is a much more powerful statement, especially post-911, than "we hijacked COMMERICAL airliners and flew them into buildings".

Especially given the lack of testicular fortitude that has been on display since Bush 1.
I'm inclined to think that you are way fucking wrong. Most citizens, in their daily lives, don't think much about the military. We aren't in it, we don't fight wars in far away lands, and we don't go to boot camp.

Soldiers get killed, and psychologically, Americans are more mentally prepared to accept dead soldiers than they are "innocents" going about their daily lives. The proof of this is the lack of nutball consipracy theories for Fort Hood.

The average American citizen, however, does fly on a routine basis, and goes to work on a daily basis. It's far more horrifying for us to contemplate the fear that we can get blown up simply getting on a plane or going to work. Which is of course why retards have created the "truther" movement- they are so terrified of the randomness of 9/11 that they can't accept it.

You can't compare fort hood to 9/11 in the American psyche, and the acts of one ideologically motivated psycho to a coordinated terrorist attack that killed thousands of Americans.
That's great you think I am wrong.

I'm inclined to think you're wrong and your opinion is a tad slanted on account of your residence.

I am guessing that the folks of Texas right now are a little more concerned with how many other west hating religious lunatics have climbed up the ranks of the military than they are about a plane flying into a building.

Of course, they are probably even more concerned now with the oil rig fiasco than anything.

BTW, I noticed you referred to 911 as a coordinated terrorist attack and the Ft Hood incident being ideologically motivated - I remember not too long ago you referred to 911 as a bunch of religious freaks whole stole some planes and smashed them into the buildings to strike a blow against the US.

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

EvilMadman wrote:...And the people who live there. :lol:

Can you at least do a little research, before regurgitating the same ol' talking points that everyone on Earth has heard ten million times? You have to have current information about important topics.

Only "a trillion dollars"? Obama could probably spend that much on his lunch tomorrow afternoon. :lol:
Okay, and here's an article from the very next day!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8639223.stm

A wave of bombings in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, has killed at least 58 people and wounded more than 100.
What an awesome place to live! I take it back, I'm sure they're overjoyed that the 2003 invasion triggered 7 years of bloody strife that they're only now just starting to recover from!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

I'm inclined to think you're wrong and your opinion is a tad slanted on account of your residence.

You are a big purple retard.

The entire country freaked the fuck out for a YEAR after 9/11. Went absolutely apeshit. Fort hood? Not so much. It had about a 7 day news cycle.

Of course I wouldn't expect you to realize this - your opinion is a tad slanted on account of your residence. Canada.

Most Americans STILL think about 9/11 every time they get on a plane. They don't give a shit about Ft. Hood.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:You're a fucking tool. Here is your original post:
The Clinton team didn't do a bang up job.

They sat on their asses writing papers to hand off to a moron who can't read.

They're both morons.
Yeah, that's all a big set-up for a Bush joke. Fuck off. You clearly were implying they were both equally to blame.

They were not. You lose at life, again.
The ever astute Mattie strikes again.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

You are a big purple retard.

The entire country freaked the fuck out for a YEAR after 9/11. Went absolutely apeshit. Fort hood? Not so much. It had about a 7 day news cycle.

Of course I wouldn't expect you to realize this - your opinion is a tad slanted on account of your residence. Canada.

Most Americans STILL think about 9/11 every time they get on a plane. They don't give a shit about Ft. Hood.
Did you poll most Americans ?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I'll poll them right now. Most Sludge War Board Americans.
chickenona
Pimp Jesus

Post by chickenona »

EvilMadman wrote:
chickenona wrote:There was a report issued to the national security advisor's office in August of 2001 entitled "BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO STRIKE IN THE US" that got back-burnered by the Bush administration. They made every indication that they didn't take the threat seriously even though the transition team left them a lot of material on the subject to indicate that they should. Try and drop this in anybody's lap but Bush's all you want, but they had every reason to see 9/11 coming and failed. Live with it.

I knew somebody would bring one of these up.

The fact is, 9/11 was forewarned - to the BUSH ADMINISTRATION - in plenty of time, and they ignored it. Any pissing and moaning after the fact about anything Clinton may have missed because he had his balls caught in a wringer over Lewinsky is beside the point. The Bush administration was WARNED, by not only the outgoing security advisor's office but by their own investigators, and they ignored it, and 9/11 itself - not a shady Sudanese deal to get bin Laden, or the SS Cole, or the first WTC bombing or any of the other dumb red herrings righties try to throw out there to deflect the blame off of the guys on their side of the aisle, but 9/11, the largest and most devastating terrorist attack ever to take place on US soil - was the DIRECT RESULT of that. The only "FAIL LOL" is on the part of anyone who tries to say differently.

The article you linked cites a memo from 1998. What does 1998 have to do with 9/11? NOT A FUCKING THING. So no, not a "BIG FAIL LOL" on my part. The Bush administration fucked up and it led directly to 9/11. Again, live with it.
deathcurse wrote:The secret board you had with Itjogs. You talked about me obsessively on there. There were witnesses.
vaya con DIO

http://nevergetbusted.com/2010/
EvilMadman

Post by EvilMadman »

chickenona wrote:
EvilMadman wrote:

I knew somebody would bring one of these up.

The fact is, 9/11 was forewarned - to the BUSH ADMINISTRATION - in plenty of time, and they ignored it. Any pissing and moaning after the fact about anything Clinton may have missed because he had his balls caught in a wringer over Lewinsky is beside the point. The Bush administration was WARNED, by not only the outgoing security advisor's office but by their own investigators, and they ignored it, and 9/11 itself - not a shady Sudanese deal to get bin Laden, or the SS Cole, or the first WTC bombing or any of the other dumb red herrings righties try to throw out there to deflect the blame off of the guys on their side of the aisle, but 9/11, the largest and most devastating terrorist attack ever to take place on US soil - was the DIRECT RESULT of that. The only "FAIL LOL" is on the part of anyone who tries to say differently.

The article you linked cites a memo from 1998. What does 1998 have to do with 9/11? NOT A FUCKING THING. So no, not a "BIG FAIL LOL" on my part. The Bush administration fucked up and it led directly to 9/11. Again, live with it.
You called the first WTC bombing, an attempt by Al-Qaeda to use a massive truck bomb to LITERALLY topple one 110 floor skyscraper into the other 110 floor skyscraper, and an act of war attack against a U.S. naval warship a "red herring"? :lol:

Clintoon had plenty of intel and warning and knowledge to disrupt the Al-Qaeda organization, if not totally break it. But he didn't act, because he was afraid of the "wag the dog" accusations from his political enemies. Now you can blame his enemies for that, but you should really blame Bill for giving them that ammo in the first place, with all of his skank chasing antics. :lol:

So he failed to protect America in order to protect the chances of his re-election, and protect any future legacy from getting stained (there's that word again :lol:) with failure from any possible military action in Afghanistan. He decided to "play it safe".

And the Bush administration was, wrongly, busy planning for a China threat to U.S. security.

Or so I've heard.
Last edited by EvilMadman on Wed May 05, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EvilMadman

Post by EvilMadman »

Ugmo wrote:
EvilMadman wrote:...And the people who live there. :lol:

Okay, and here's an article from the very next day!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8639223.stm

A wave of bombings in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, has killed at least 58 people and wounded more than 100.
What an awesome place to live! I take it back, I'm sure they're overjoyed that the 2003 invasion triggered 7 years of bloody strife that they're only now just starting to recover from!
Sad news.

But, are you sure that that spat of bloody revenge from Al-Qaeda (which is what your link says it was) is really indicative of all of Iraq? Because I'm not sure I believe that is really the case.

"7 years of bloody strife"?

Oh, yeah, I completely forgot what a wonderful, quiet, peaceful place Iraq was before Bush's war. And where no innocent people ever got killed. :roll:
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

EvilMadman wrote:
Sad news.

But, are you sure that that spat of bloody revenge from Al-Qaeda (which is what your link says it was) is really indicative of all of Iraq? Because I'm not sure I believe that is really the case.

"7 years of bloody strife"?

Oh, yeah, I completely forgot what a wonderful, quiet, peaceful place Iraq was before Bush's war. And where no innocent people ever got killed. :roll:
I don't recall car bombings as a daily occurrence in Saddam's Iraq. They are mighty ungrateful now that everyone has a license to kill, not just Saddam.
ImageImage
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Nevermind wrote:
tin00can wrote:
I'm sure you're hoping that someday soon we'll have a major terrorist attack that kills a bunch of people, so you can say Obama is worse at national security than Bush was. Kinda sucks that it hasn't happened so far, eh?
Ft Hood- 14 Soldiers murdered by islamic terrorist. I guess in a liberal mind, 14 isn't "a bunch".
Bush's seven years in office after 9/11-
Bush's policies resulted in 0 terrorist attacks on US soil

Obama's first year and around 4 months-
Obama's policies resulted in
1 successful terrorist attack on US soil
1 unsuccessful attack in Times Square
1 unsuccessful in air attack
You speak as though there was no danger of terrorism before 9/11 and thus give Dubya a pass on "The Big One". What about the African embassies in 1998 or the USS Cole in 2000? What about the Kobar Barracks in Saudi? What about the Y2K bomber who was foiled coming in from Canada?

Granted your parameters are "on US soil" but the fact is that the US has been under terrorist threat for a long time. To act like 9/11 was the first notice we got that al-qaeda didn't like us is absurd.

To act like Bush was our great protector when he had the memo of the al-qaeda blueprint for a multi-plane hijacking on his desk for a month before the attack, is also absurd. He might have prevented 9/11 if he'd paid attention.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

lerxstcat wrote:
Nevermind wrote:
tin00can wrote:
I'm sure you're hoping that someday soon we'll have a major terrorist attack that kills a bunch of people, so you can say Obama is worse at national security than Bush was. Kinda sucks that it hasn't happened so far, eh?
Ft Hood- 14 Soldiers murdered by islamic terrorist. I guess in a liberal mind, 14 isn't "a bunch".
Bush's seven years in office after 9/11-
Bush's policies resulted in 0 terrorist attacks on US soil

Obama's first year and around 4 months-
Obama's policies resulted in
1 successful terrorist attack on US soil
1 unsuccessful attack in Times Square
1 unsuccessful in air attack
You speak as though there was no danger of terrorism before 9/11 and thus give Dubya a pass on "The Big One". What about the African embassies in 1998 or the USS Cole in 2000? What about the Kobar Barracks in Saudi? What about the Y2K bomber who was foiled coming in from Canada?

Granted your parameters are "on US soil" but the fact is that the US has been under terrorist threat for a long time. To act like 9/11 was the first notice we got that al-qaeda didn't like us is absurd.

To act like Bush was our great protector when he had the memo of the al-qaeda blueprint for a multi-plane hijacking on his desk for a month before the attack, is also absurd. He might have prevented 9/11 if he'd paid attention.
Wow, that was a pretty good reminder of all the terrorist attacks on us during the Clinton administration but you left out the World Trade Center bombing.
Doesn't sound like Clinton was the "great protector" does it?
What exactly would you have had Bush do? This is an honest question. Would you have liked him to racially profile people? The left would have been commiting suicide if he had done that. Hell, it's a decade later and our president still won't identify the enemy.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Nevermind wrote:What exactly would you have had Bush do? This is an honest question.
Something? Anything?

I just looked up the 1993 WTC bombing... 6 casualties!

So let's sum up:

Clinton - 6
Dubya - 2,973 (I may have included the hijackers last time)

Team Red kicks ass at this whole war on terror thing. I think it's a good strategy for you to keep touting Dubya's record at keeping America safe, because as the statistics that really matter show, there was no better man for the job.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

EvilMadman wrote:Clintoon had plenty of intel and warning and knowledge to disrupt the Al-Qaeda organization, if not totally break it. But he didn't act, because he was afraid of the "wag the dog" accusations from his political enemies. Now you can blame his enemies for that, but you should really blame Bill for giving them that ammo in the first place, with all of his skank chasing antics. :lol:

So he failed to protect America in order to protect the chances of his re-election, and protect any future legacy from getting stained (there's that word again :lol:) with failure from any possible military action in Afghanistan. He decided to "play it safe".
I posted the Snopes link above that dispels what you just wrote. Please stop propagating this falsehood.

Thanks in advance.

:D
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Did you poll most Americans ?
Well, I've now polled 6 Americans, and it's 6-0.

I have also polled Canadians, and it's 1-0 in favor of Ft. Hood being a "more powerful statement."

I know you'd argue with a rock, but I have a hard time accepting that you really believe in this one.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I bet we could go Obama's entire term with no major terror attacks on our soil (domestic and abroad) and we'd still hear from the right how the dems didn't protect us like they could have.

That said, the details I'm hearing about the NYC incident are alarming. Dude was already on a watch list and he was able to get on a plane. Granted, they did catch the plane before it took off, but there were a lot of cracks this one almost slipped through.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

tin00can wrote:That said, the details I'm hearing about the NYC incident are alarming. Dude was already on a watch list and he was able to get on a plane. Granted, they did catch the plane before it took off, but there were a lot of cracks this one almost slipped through.
Wasn't the Dong Bomber on a watch list too? What is it with all these dudes being able to stroll right onto a plane at a time of their choosing?
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Dosen't the OK city bombing go on Clintons record as well? or You talking strictly islamic terrorist pieces of shit? The whole "so and so" ain't a terrorist shit that olbermann and maddow tried to pull is fucking retarded, they whined and whined about scott rohder not being called a terrorist then turn around and claim the right was jumpng the gun in calling the ft hood cocksucker a terrorist....even though it was proven that He was E-mailing a known fucking terrorist :shock: It's fucking stupid, don't matter what color You are If you pull that shit You're a terrorist and I think the minute these scumbags decide to down that road they should be stripped of all their fucking rights. isen't that what they said to McVeighs parents when they wanted him to have a military funeral?

And that's why Kieth Olbermann should just kill himself and get it over with already for the dispiscable shit he spewed last night about john McCain, a guy who was fighting for his country when kieth was probably still shitting his pants. that cocksucker has alot of balls going on television and sticking up for a guy who tried to murder a shitload of people over the weekend, WTF is wrong with some of these soft ass bleeding heart mother fuckers? Am I in the wrong for not giving a shit about a guy who tried to set off a bomb in NYC? What's missing in their lives that they feel they eed to run to the defense of a cowardly terrorist, and how does that prick still have a job today?

Oh I know what it is? Keith thought it was a tea partier who was responsible, and once again he came out looking like a fucking idiot just like anyone who said it was obviously a right winger, man those predictions are really working out for him quite well, especially since the left as of late are looking far more violent than the right.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

dtmfs wrote:Dosen't the OK city bombing go on Clintons record as well? or You talking strictly islamic terrorist pieces of shit? The whole "so and so" ain't a terrorist shit that olbermann and maddow tried to pull is fucking retarded, they whined and whined about scott rohder not being called a terrorist then turn around and claim the right was jumpng the gun in calling the ft hood cocksucker a terrorist....even though it was proven that He was E-mailing a known fucking terrorist :shock: It's fucking stupid, don't matter what color You are If you pull that shit You're a terrorist and I think the minute these scumbags decide to down that road they should be stripped of all their fucking rights. isen't that what they said to McVeighs parents when they wanted him to have a military funeral?

And that's why Kieth Olbermann should just kill himself and get it over with already for the dispiscable shit he spewed last night about john McCain, a guy who was fighting for his country when kieth was probably still shitting his pants. that cocksucker has alot of balls going on television and sticking up for a guy who tried to murder a shitload of people over the weekend, WTF is wrong with some of these soft ass bleeding heart mother fuckers? Am I in the wrong for not giving a shit about a guy who tried to set off a bomb in NYC? What's missing in their lives that they feel they eed to run to the defense of a cowardly terrorist, and how does that prick still have a job today?

Oh I know what it is? Keith thought it was a tea partier who was responsible, and once again he came out looking like a fucking idiot just like anyone who said it was obviously a right winger, man those predictions are really working out for him quite well, especially since the left as of late are looking far more violent than the right.
I love Keith Olberman, just in that he's doing his job, which is making right-wingers absolutely insane.

We all need our Rush limbaughs, no?
Hames Jetfield
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Hames Jetfield »

dtmfs wrote:Dosen't the OK city bombing go on Clintons record as well? or You talking strictly islamic terrorist pieces of shit? The whole "so and so" ain't a terrorist shit that olbermann and maddow tried to pull is fucking retarded, they whined and whined about scott rohder not being called a terrorist then turn around and claim the right was jumpng the gun in calling the ft hood cocksucker a terrorist....even though it was proven that He was E-mailing a known fucking terrorist :shock: It's fucking stupid, don't matter what color You are If you pull that shit You're a terrorist and I think the minute these scumbags decide to down that road they should be stripped of all their fucking rights. isen't that what they said to McVeighs parents when they wanted him to have a military funeral?

The fact is the suspect of the latest bombing attempt in Times Square is an AMERICAN CITIZEN. The fact that he was naturalized has nothing to do with it at all. Under the constitution he gets read his Miranda rights and is innocent until proven guilty. And it was bullshit for a great hero like John McCain to say that an AMERICAN CITIZEN shouldn't be given his rights under the constitution. This isn't a question of whether or not an "enemy combatant" deserves the rights that the constitution affords because this guy was a citizen.

It's fucking sad that McCain has to sink to that level just because he is in a tough primary; he’s better than that. He won’t stand up for what he really believes in. Hell he let his campaign pick Sarah Palin rather than someone like Lieberman, who he wanted.