Boycotting boys town.

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Boycotting boys town.

Post by tylamonroe »

So the city council of West Hollywood has jumped in the boycott AZ band wagon. Fuck them. below is the email I sent to the council. If anyone cares to join the fun please do!

Dear City Council of West Hollywood;

I am writing you to express my extreme disappointment and disgust regarding your recent decision to boycott the state of Arizona due to your opposition to their enactment of a law allowing their officers to protect their citizens from drug traffickers, human smugglers, and kidnappers. The enacted law is there to allow law enforcement to get this scum out of the US without violating anyone's civil rights.

Since I thankfully do not live in your district, I can't put my vote to your removal. I am not, however without recourse. Until you rescind your boycott I am boycotting the city of West Hollywood where I go to work each day and spend roughly $200.00 weekly. I will encourage all my friends and coworkers to do the same. I plan on passing a copy of this letter to each business that has become accustomed to seeing me on a regular basis. The coffee shop in the morning, the restaurants at lunch, the gas stations, hardware, tobacco and grocery stores that have welcomed my daily business will not get one more dollar from me until this ridiculous, misconceived boycott of yours is lifted.

I am not sure when the world went through the looking glass and people began to be punished for enforcing the law of the land, but I don't intend to sit quietly by while half wits like the lot of you continue to push our country toward the lawless chaos that the very immigrants you mistakenly think to protect are fleeing from.

I welcome any response from you, the city council and any of the merchants unfortunate enough to do business in your district.
vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Boycotting boys town.

Post by vanitybinge »

That was well written, but I don't understand the boycott you're talking about. There's go to be more to it.
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I think I found my excuse to not go to the Key Club tomorrow.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

I think they'll probably dismiss your letter as just another nutty rant by a whiter-than-white bigot. They probably feel they're better off without your support anway.
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

I gotta agree with Ugmo. If you want to get their attention you should follow it up by calling them and asking who recieved the letter, and/or showing up to the next City council meeting as a "resident" and try to state your case in person.

The immigration issue is hairy. It's a nation of immigrants and we're never going to shut the door on it but if you think of each state as a house in the neighborhood, it's like some houses have rooms but some just don't. Arizona could be having much more serious issues than other states so maybe they have a good reason for trying get tougher with their laws, or maybe they just think they're setting an example. I don't know enough to take a side on the issue but I think it should be left to the states to deal with immigration not the Fed.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

I agree people shouldn't enter America or any other country legally, and rightfully run the risk of being deported if they get caught. But most of them are just looking for a better life. It's a bit much to portray them all as drug traffickers, human smugglers and kidnappers. And whoever reads your letter might just think of you as some kinda Tea Party kook or something. West Hollywood? Good chance a hispanic person will read your letter and completely dismiss you.
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

Ugmo wrote:I agree people shouldn't enter America or any other country legally, and rightfully run the risk of being deported if they get caught. But most of them are just looking for a better life. It's a bit much to portray them all as drug traffickers, human smugglers and kidnappers. And whoever reads your letter might just think of you as some kinda Tea Party kook or something. West Hollywood? Good chance a hispanic person will read your letter and completely dismiss you.
I am a Tea Party Kook and I'm sure they will dismiss me. The merchents and resturants that see me every day and know me name will hear me though.

AZ is second in the world in kidnapping. Behind only Mexico City. Are all illeagle immigrants kidnappers? Of course not, but AZ needs every recourse available to stop the problem. Anyone here on a legit visa who is doing nothing wrong has nothing to worry about. There is a process to become a citizen and there is a reason for that. AZ is doing nothing that isn't in the federal laws except enforcing them. I have zero problems with deporting an illeagle who gets stopped for speeding and is found to be undocumented. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

tylamonroe wrote:
I am a Tea Party Kook and I'm sure they will dismiss me. The merchents and resturants that see me every day and know me name will hear me though.

AZ is second in the world in kidnapping. Behind only Mexico City. Are all illeagle immigrants kidnappers? I have zero problems with deporting an illeagle who gets stopped for speeding and is found to be undocumented. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.
You certainly have a command of written English on par with an average Tea Party member.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

tylamonroe wrote:AZ is second in the world in kidnapping. Behind only Mexico City. Are all illeagle immigrants kidnappers? Of course not, but AZ needs every recourse available to stop the problem. Anyone here on a legit visa who is doing nothing wrong has nothing to worry about. There is a process to become a citizen and there is a reason for that. AZ is doing nothing that isn't in the federal laws except enforcing them. I have zero problems with deporting an illeagle who gets stopped for speeding and is found to be undocumented. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.
Do you also feel that they should all be forced to learn English?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Aren't there more than enough Latinos in Southern California to completely offset your boycott? I'm guessing they will laugh all the way to the bank while reading your letter.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

The funny part is San Francisco calling for a boycott too. San Francisco is currently being sued because an illegal alien who should have been deported following his release from jail wiped out most of a family in a road rage incident.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

Crazy Levi wrote:
tylamonroe wrote:

AZ is second in the world in kidnapping. Behind only Mexico City. Are all illeagle immigrants kidnappers? I have zero problems with deporting an illeagle who gets stopped for speeding and is found to be undocumented. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.
You certainly have a command of written English on par with an average Tea Party member.
:( me not as smart as smug cunt who gets news from jon stewwart.
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

tylamonroe wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
tylamonroe wrote:

No, no you're not.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Ugmo wrote:
tylamonroe wrote:AZ is second in the world in kidnapping. Behind only Mexico City. Are all illeagle immigrants kidnappers? Of course not, but AZ needs every recourse available to stop the problem. Anyone here on a legit visa who is doing nothing wrong has nothing to worry about. There is a process to become a citizen and there is a reason for that. AZ is doing nothing that isn't in the federal laws except enforcing them. I have zero problems with deporting an illeagle who gets stopped for speeding and is found to be undocumented. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Aren't there more than enough Latinos in Southern California to completely offset your boycott? I'm guessing they will laugh all the way to the bank while reading your letter.
I agree that we must get rid of all ill eagles. Sickly birds could fuck up our entire eagle population.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

tylamonroe wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
tylamonroe wrote:

Seriously, you didn't write that boycott letter, did you?

I assume it's a cut and paste job from stormfront.org or something, you clearly can't string together an entire sentence with proper spelling.
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Ugmo wrote:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

I agree that we must get rid of all ill eagles. Sickly birds could fuck up our entire eagle population.
Glad to know the cunt vacum has been filled after Itwalks departure.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

tylamonroe wrote:
Your writing skills are on par with the average third grader. You have bigger problems than worrying about your cunt interaction.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

tylamonroe wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Unfortunately, it appears there will never be an idiot vacuum.
ImageImage
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

FUCK!

:lol:

Anyway, I at least got a response.

I'm sorrry you feel that way. I certainly respect that you must follow the course in whch your conscience dicates, which is what the City Council did in turn in voting for the resolution.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

COUNCILMEMBER JEFFREY PRANG
City of West Hollywood
8300 Santa Monica Boulevard
West Hollywood, California 90069
(323) 848-6460
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

tylamonroe wrote:FUCK!

Anyway, I at least got a response.

I'm sorrry you feel that way. I certainly respect that you must follow the course in whch your conscience dicates, which is what the City Council did in turn in voting for the resolution.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

COUNCILMEMBER JEFFREY PRANG
City of West Hollywood
8300 Santa Monica Boulevard
West Hollywood, California 90069
(323) 848-6460
Prang?

Sounds like he could be a chink! You should probably consider boycotting Chinatown as well.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

Although I am vehemently against illegals and "baby-droppers", my issue with the Arizona law is that they have essentially made it a crime to travel without proof of citizenship. Shit, *I* don't travel with my birth certificate on me! Admittedly, I'm not likely to be asked for papers if stopped, being a lily-white gal with red hair whose family has been in America since 1636--thus the whole "racial profiling" charge that's been levied.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Calexxia wrote:Although I am vehemently against illegals and "baby-droppers", my issue with the Arizona law is that they have essentially made it a crime to travel without proof of citizenship. Shit, *I* don't travel with my birth certificate on me! Admittedly, I'm not likely to be asked for papers if stopped, being a lily-white gal with red hair whose family has been in America since 1636--thus the whole "racial profiling" charge that's been levied.
I'm sure there's more than a few AZ Hispanics who can trace their ancestry back even further. That's the irony.
ImageImage
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
Calexxia wrote:Although I am vehemently against illegals and "baby-droppers", my issue with the Arizona law is that they have essentially made it a crime to travel without proof of citizenship. Shit, *I* don't travel with my birth certificate on me! Admittedly, I'm not likely to be asked for papers if stopped, being a lily-white gal with red hair whose family has been in America since 1636--thus the whole "racial profiling" charge that's been levied.
I'm sure there's more than a few AZ Hispanics who can trace their ancestry back even further. That's the irony.
Yup. It's completely unfair that they are more likely to get asked for proof of birth....you get exactly what I was driving at.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Here be dragons!

Our government (for today - tomorrow could herald a new, and perhaps even worse, dawn) has a boner for identity cards. This is essentially what this Arizona legislation will be forced to usher in, as it's unenforcable in its current state without a heavy bias on racial profiling. Ironically, I could probably get away with wandering around in AZ without documentation longer than many legitimate second- or third-generation descendants of immigrants.

The party I shall vote for tomorrow are entirely opposed to identity cards and it's a stance I agree with. It infringes upon individual liberty and gives government yet another excuse to collate data on a person. Perhaps I am striking a note of paranoia here, but our civil service has recently been superb at losing information on millions of people through negligence.

Oh - I.D. cards, and especially if they include biometric identifiers, cost a bomb too. I am sure the state of AZ has more pressing things to spend its money on.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

I've been a bit confused lately about ID, since as I understood it, it's your legal right to refuse to show a cop ID if you're not being arrested or if you're just a passenger in a car that's pulled over, it's my right to say "he's the driver, deal with him, you're not getting my ID". Of course in Mass they threaten to arrest you if you refuse to show it, and again I'm not talking about a situation where you're under arrest or a suspect in a criminal investigation.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Calexxia, when you travel do you not have your driver's license on you 99 percent of the time? Isn't having a valid drivers license proof that you ARE indeed a citizen, because you NEED A BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO GET ONE??? It's implicit that if you have a drivers license you also have a valid birth certificate or other proof that you're allowed to be here. Same with state issued ID cards that people who don't/aren't allowed to drive carry. If you want to buy beer or liquor on a hot Arizona day, you sure as fuck need one or the other. Or write/cash a check. Or any other of the numerous things that the rest of America has been doing for decades.

It SLAYS me that people with influence are comparing this law to Nazi Germany and "vere are your papers???". If everyone would stop the knee jerk emotional shit stirring and actually think about what we carry around for ID on a daily basis, it really isn't a big deal. If you're allowed to be here, you've got ID. If not, then you're on a bus to the border. Simple.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Calexxia, when you travel do you not have your driver's license on you 99 percent of the time? Isn't having a valid drivers license proof that you ARE indeed a citizen, because you NEED A BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO GET ONE??? It's implicit that if you have a drivers license you also have a valid birth certificate or other proof that you're allowed to be here. Same with state issued ID cards that people who don't/aren't allowed to drive carry. If you want to buy beer or liquor on a hot Arizona day, you sure as fuck need one or the other. Or write/cash a check. Or any other of the numerous things that the rest of America has been doing for decades.

It SLAYS me that people with influence are comparing this law to Nazi Germany and "vere are your papers???". If everyone would stop the knee jerk emotional shit stirring and actually think about what we carry around for ID on a daily basis, it really isn't a big deal. If you're allowed to be here, you've got ID. If not, then you're on a bus to the border. Simple.
In order to get a 'SecureID' needed to board an airplane and other sensitive endeavors managed by the DHS, I must supply documents concerning my identity, immigration status and residency. Otherwise, I can get one good for just driving and voting in my state. Should I be on a bus to the border since my ID is not official proof I'm a legal citizen? I've used ID for many things, but never to keep my ass off a bus to Juarez because my skin is bronzed without the use of a tanning bed.
ImageImage
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Once I got my citizenship, my Green card was taken from me, which under the law, I had to carry at all times.

But there is nothing that says I must carry my certificate of citizenship at all times. To replace it if it got lost is over $300, if my memory serves me. So fuck that. I don't drive, and so have no Vermont state drivers license. I did though, decide to get a state ID, just to cover my ass.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

MickeyG wrote:Once I got my citizenship, my Green card was taken from me, which under the law, I had to carry at all times.

But there is nothing that says I must carry my certificate of citizenship at all times. To replace it if it got lost is over $300, if my memory serves me. So fuck that. I don't drive, and so have no Vermont state drivers license. I did though, decide to get a state ID, just to cover my ass.
Not to be a wiseass, but how do you get around without a car? Public transportation in VT can't be that great.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
MickeyG wrote:Once I got my citizenship, my Green card was taken from me, which under the law, I had to carry at all times.

Not to be a wiseass, but how do you get around without a car? Public transportation in VT can't be that great.
My wife drives me around. And sometimes my mother. She's only been here 4 months but has a license already, I've been here nearly 8 years but I'm too lazy to bother with it. :lol: I still have my UK license though.
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong
Queen Bee

Post by CrouchingStonerHiddenBong »

vanitybinge wrote:I've been a bit confused lately about ID, since as I understood it, it's your legal right to refuse to show a cop ID if you're not being arrested or if you're just a passenger in a car that's pulled over, it's my right to say "he's the driver, deal with him, you're not getting my ID". Of course in Mass they threaten to arrest you if you refuse to show it, and again I'm not talking about a situation where you're under arrest or a suspect in a criminal investigation.
Refusing to identify yourself to a police officer when asked is called obstruction. You can and usually will be arrested for it.

Also, this:

AZ is second in the world in kidnapping.

I am admittedly in Ohio, where the latin population is mostly Guatemalan, but how in the hell are you going to pin that on Mexicans?
tym wrote:She makes My air head 11 year old Girl look like Nikita Tesla.