Do you play games? Have an iPod? Obama hates you.

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SmokingGun
Headlining Clubs

Do you play games? Have an iPod? Obama hates you.

Post by SmokingGun »

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?4 ... ew_comment

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virgin ... on_is.html

"With iPods and iPads; Xboxes and PlayStations -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

"All of this is not only putting new pressures on you. It is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy," Obama said.

Corpse Men
epantsipation

The comedy never ends!

Pressures on our democracy, hahahaha!!! What about TV, radio, DVD's? Are they putting pressures on our democracy too?

And just how fucking dumb do you have to be not to be able to work an iPod? Oh, it's Obama, sorry, stupid question.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Re: Do you play games? Have an iPod? Obama hates you.

Post by tin00can »

You might want to get that sand in your vagina removed; judging by your whiny posts, it may be impacted.

Remember how bad you thought the loony left was when they picked apart everything Bush said, to find something bad? Congrats. You've already left them in the dust.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Funny, the low rent dunce had no problem offering an Ipod as a "gift" to an 80 year old figurehead of royalty.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

He's got a point, though. If some of you dunces picked ever picked up a fucking book now and again (aside from "KISS - Paint-By-Numbers" (looking at you, Roadhead)) you might not make so many crushingly stupid remarks on the War Board.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

CliffByford wrote:He's got a point, though. If some of you dunces picked ever picked up a fucking book now and again (aside from "KISS - Paint-By-Numbers" (looking at you, Roadhead)) you might not make so many crushingly stupid remarks on the War Board.
This is true.

On the flip side, a large percentage of the distracted dunces voted for him because he wasn't Bush, without actually digging into his background.

In a way, he should be thanking them.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

I believe he's commenting on the concept of information overload, not spewing forth a neo-Luddite diatribe. I bet your ill thought reaction was exactly what he had in mind.
ImageImage
vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by vanitybinge »

If his strapping mug wasn't spamming up all our electronic gidgety-goos he would've had a much harder fight.

he's got a point though. Most people do bullshit on their electro-toys instead of uh, you know, exploring space and shit.
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

"With iPods and iPads; Xboxes and PlayStations -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation, Obama said."

"All of this is not only putting new pressures on you. It is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy, Obama said."
Since when are those things not used for entertainment? All of those gadgets are very clearly made for entertainment purposes. And who the hell sits around with their Playstation or Xbox or iPod trying to gain important information? :roll:

What I think he's trying to say is, you should just spend your whole day absorbing the American mainstream media's slanted "left wing" views.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

EvilMadman wrote:
"With iPods and iPads; Xboxes and PlayStations -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation, Obama said."

"All of this is not only putting new pressures on you. It is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy, Obama said."
Since when are those things not used for entertainment? All of those gadgets are very clearly made for entertainment purposes. And who the hell sits around with their Playstation or Xbox or iPod trying to gain important information? :roll:

What I think he's trying to say is, you should just spend your whole day absorbing the American mainstream media's slanted "left wing" views.

Lots of people use use their consoles, media players, and smartphones to browse the web, information seeking, and it's not always about new releases.

They are primarily for entertainment, of course, but they do have practical uses.

What concerns me is he dropped the trademarked brand names of the products of three massive companies. There's something afoot here, like you're going to see some campaign to regulate content.

If he cannot operate any of those, they he most likely can't operate an E-Reader, yet he made no mention of them.
SmokingGun
Headlining Clubs

Post by SmokingGun »

tin00can wrote: Remember how bad you thought the loony left was when they picked apart everything Bush said, to find something bad? Congrats. You've already left them in the dust.
Umm.. no I don't remember because I hated Bush, you wanker!!

Obviously my post was me trolling a bit, of course I get Obama's point.. but the video game entertainment industry and apple generate billions in profits each year, so he's sort of biting the hand that feeds. And mentioning that he doesn't know how to work them sounds like a desperate attempt to connect with the parents at that meeting.. like I said, how fucking dumb to you have to not know how to work an ipod? And why does he feel the need to emphasize his disconnect from modern culture and technology?
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

SmokingGun wrote:
tin00can wrote: Remember how bad you thought the loony left was when they picked apart everything Bush said, to find something bad? Congrats. You've already left them in the dust.

Obviously my post was me trolling a bit, of course I get Obama's point.. but the video game entertainment industry and apple generate billions in profits each year, so he's sort of biting the hand that feeds. And mentioning that he doesn't know how to work them sounds like a desperate attempt to connect with the parents at that meeting.. like I said, how fucking dumb to you have to not know how to work an ipod? And why does he feel the need to emphasize his disconnect from modern culture and technology?

To me, the best part of all is that he presented one of those dastardly complicated and distracting devices to the Queen as a gift.

The gift in itself is a low rent move, but to hand one to a world leader (figurehead or not) as a gift, then go on criticize it......smart like Bush, he is.

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:
SmokingGun wrote:

To me, the best part of all is that he presented one of those dastardly complicated and distracting devices to the Queen as a gift.

The gift in itself is a low rent move, but to hand one to a world leader (figurehead or not) as a gift, then go on criticize it......smart like Bush, he is.

LOL...You get indignant about the most ridiculous things.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

The Queen could programme Skynet if she could be bothered. Sure, she's an octogenarian, but she's also a l337 haxx0r.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
SmokingGun
Headlining Clubs

Post by SmokingGun »

Not only is she octogenarian, she is also reptilian, as is the entire royal family.