It doesn't get any better than this...

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Cliffenstein
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: It doesn't get any better than this...

Post by Cliffenstein »

Gonna be a lot of sad libs come this november...change is a-comin' to Congress.

(There are already a LOT of sad libs who are unbelievably disappointed in the man they elected).
alexharvey
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by alexharvey »

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I spent 22 years being raised and going to school in New Jersey, a liberal, liberal, liberal state.

Now I'm living in central Florida - about as conservative as can be.

And I agree wholeheartedly with lerx's post above.

There's simply more people, more taxes, and more money up north. In NJ, the land of the corrupt, prior administrations have set the budget so for into the red that the newly-elected Republican governor is kicking ass and taking names and it's pissin off a LOT of people.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Cliffenstein wrote:Gonna be a lot of sad libs come this november...change is a-comin' to Congress.

(There are already a LOT of sad libs who are unbelievably disappointed in the man they elected).
Your sympathy and concern for the libs is certainly touching.

As if there are any TRUE liberals who are actually gonna get voted out of Congres.. Who are these extreme liberals in Congress again?
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Crazy Levi wrote:Your sympathy and concern for the libs is certainly touching.

As if there are any TRUE liberals who are actually gonna get voted out of Congres.. Who are these extreme liberals in Congress again?
I'm referring to voters.

Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

So Shagg has stopped trolling for a week and you decide to fill the void with a bunch of stupid pictures and inane, easily disprovable drivel.

My kingdom for a conservative with a brain.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

lerxstcat wrote:Yeah, you use terms like "bottom-feeders" to show that you think we're nice folks. got it!
Contain your outrage L-Cat. It should have been abundantly clear to anyone who wasn't willfully misinterpreting my words that I was talking about the state and not its people (how do you even rank a people?).
lerxstcat wrote:You're ignoring the "finite funding" part, Ugmo. You do realize that a state with 20 million people like New York inherently produces more wealth than a state with 3 or 4 million like Alabama, correct?
That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, as they also have 17 million fewer people they need to spend money on.
lerxstcat wrote:So 4 years of a spendthrift liberal administration in a poor state, could put us in the position that Greece is in within the EU right now. Because the other US states, even the liberal ones, are not gonna bump spending up to pull the state out of it.

Poverty in the south goes back all the way to the beginning. The Northeastern states are older, more established, more industrialized and more populous. The southern states were also basically kept in an economic depression by the northern states after the Civil War until probabply the start of WWII.

The south was once solidly Democratic, did you know that? But the Democrats didn't do much for us either, which is why most southern states switched. But again, it didn't really matter.

Today we are starting to get some economic growth, mainly because businesses move here for the more conservative and business-friendly environment. So people can have jobs - not as well-paying as those in the north, but jobs.

Your opinion that our problems would be solved by voting in liberal administrations ignores most of the realities of the last 150 years.
Well the mean Northern states stopped holding the South down decades and decades and decades ago. The Republicans have been running Alabama now for what, 40 years or so, when the Dixiecrats became Republicans? At some point you have to wonder why people keep voting for them.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

SmokeyRamone wrote:I've known more than a few working poor people in my life who didn't think expansive government and higher taxes were the solution to the problem. People who believe in self reliance and pulling their own weight, versus letting the government step in and take care of all their problems, even if it theoretically would have made their lives easier, which makes them more conservative than liberal, meaning they usually vote republican.
I know people like this too.
SmokeyRamone wrote: Both parties are more beholden to big business these days than serving the people, but we all know that, and to a lot of people I've known, the republicans are just a little less evil than the democrats, and traditionally believe in freedom of choice, hard work and a more limited government than the dems
Are you the new tenant in the Unabomber's tarpaper shack in the woods? The reason why we have Tea Party rallies is because a whole lot of those working people we knew looked at the Republican party and didn't recognize what they saw. They got stinking drunk on tax breaks and couldn't chew their arms off fast enough when they saw the hideous, bloated elephant they woke up with. The only reason they are still nominally Republicans is inertia.
ImageImage
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Crazy Levi wrote:Anyhow, it sounds like Lerx is solidly back in the "conservative camp" after a brief flirtation with being a liberal due to some liberal pussy he was getting a year or so back.
L-Cat is defending his home turf. Nothing wrong with that.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Ugmo wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Anyhow, it sounds like Lerx is solidly back in the "conservative camp" after a brief flirtation with being a liberal due to some liberal pussy he was getting a year or so back.
L-Cat is defending his home turf. Nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, my conserviative voting record:

1976 - Carter
1980 - Carter
1984 - Mondale
1988 - Dukakis
1992 - Clinton
1996 - Clinton
2000 - Gore
2004 - Bush
2008 - Didn't vote

Some conservative voting record, huh?

But regardless of my views, I have always felt that demonizing the other side was wrong. And growing up with liberal views in a southern state taought me to coexist, because conservaitves are not demons and neither are liberals, except for the extreme fringes of both.

Nothing wrong with understanding WHY some areas are conservative and others are liberal. Knowledge, as opposed to propaganda, is a wonderful thing.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

lerxstcat wrote:Yeah, my conserviative voting record:

1976 - Carter
1980 - Carter
1984 - Mondale
1988 - Dukakis
1992 - Clinton
1996 - Clinton
2000 - Gore
2004 - Bush
2008 - Didn't vote
!!!!!!!!!!! Right-wing fringe lunatic!
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

JakeYonkel wrote:

1976 - Carter
1980 - Carter
1984 - Mondale
1988 - Dukakis
1992 - Clinton
1996 - Clinton
2000 - Gore
2004 - Bush
2008 - Didn't vote
!!!!!!!!!!! Right-wing fringe lunatic!
I know, huh? :lol:
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

JakeYonkel wrote:!!!!!!!!!!! Right-wing fringe lunatic!
You're one to talk, Mr. Yes-We-Can!
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

My voting history only goes back 2 elections though! I missed the 2000 election by a year.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Bush
Bush
Dole
Bush
Bush
McCain (only because of Palin)

Won't support abortion, won't support immorality pushed as normalcy, won't support keeping poor people down under the guise of lifting them up (and this is coming from a man raised in a VERY POOR single parent household).
Last edited by Cliffenstein on Thu May 20, 2010 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Cliffenstein wrote:Bush
Bush
Dole
Bush
Bush

Won't support abortion, won't support immorality pushed as normalcy, won't support keeping poor people down under the guise of lifting them up (and this is coming from a man born and raised in a VERY POOR single parent family).
Not even a little girl impregnated with her own daddy's mutant bastard spawn? Who's version of immorality? Jesus, the dude who told us to give to the poor until we ran out of stuff? I don't recall him getting worked up over the polesmokers but he rarely had a kind word for the rich and the greedy.
ImageImage
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Cliffenstein wrote:Bush
Bush
Dole
Bush
Bush
You voted for McCain because of Palin? That's scary. But then you voted for an imbecile the previous two times as well, so at least you're consistent.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Jesus, the dude who told us to give to the poor until we ran out of stuff?
That'd be the one.
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:I don't recall him getting worked up over the polesmokers but he rarely had a kind word for the rich and the greedy.
Homosexual acts are condemned in many places throughout the Bible.

The thing with Jesus and giving to the poor that you libs always miss is that giving to the poor is something we are to do because of charitable hearts. You won't find anywhere in the Bible anyone telling the followers of Christ to push government coerced redistribution of wealth. The reason you libs always miss this is because you don't read the Bible in the first place. You guys run down the Bible every chance you get, but as soon as you think you can use it to win some political argument you trot out something you heard somewhere that you think is in the Bible, but having never read it, you don't realize that your remarks are totally off base.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Cliffenstein wrote:You won't find anywhere in the Bible anyone telling the followers of Christ to push government coerced redistribution of wealth. The reason you libs always miss this is because you don't read the Bible in the first place. You guys run down the Bible every chance you get, but as soon as you think you can use it to win some political argument you trot out something you heard somewhere that you think is in the Bible, but having never read it, you don't realize that your remarks are totally off base.
Us libs do this and that. Can you generalize any more?

Don't make me expound on my favorite topic: the redistribution of the wealth. You're aware that the wealth has been getting redistributed toward the rich ever since the 70s, right? Seems like you're okay with that though. Just another chump who votes for the Republicans while they take money out of your pocket and put it in some billionaire's pocket. And then defend their right to do so until you're blue in the face.
Hames Jetfield
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Hames Jetfield »

Somewhere a Dokken CD needs "remastering."
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

1976 - Carter
1980 - Carter
1984 - Mondale
1988 - Dukakis
1992 - Clinton
1996 - Clinton
2000 - Gore
2004 - Bush
2008 - Didn't vote

Geez, you voted for Dukakis? That guy makes Obama look like Jesse Helms.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

I woulda if I coulda. My mom and everyone else in my extended family did!
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Ugmo wrote:Us libs do this and that. Can you generalize any more?
Awww, you don't want me to go quoting some of your generalizations now, do you?
Ugmo wrote: Don't make me expound on my favorite topic: the redistribution of the wealth. You're aware that the wealth has been getting redistributed toward the rich ever since the 70s, right? Seems like you're okay with that though. Just another chump who votes for the Republicans while they take money out of your pocket and put it in some billionaire's pocket. And then defend their right to do so until you're blue in the face.
Doesn't matter...someone earns money, so be it. How does someone who earns more than me affect me? The government doesn't take from the rich and give to the poor, the government just takes from the rich AND from the poor.

You're "smart" enough to fall for the class warfare tactic. You're "smart" enough to be bitter because someone else has more than you. You're "smart" enough to believe that if the government takes more from someone who has more than you that that'll somehow make you happy.

How is it that a "smart" guy like you doesn't realize that if the government takes more from "them" it'll take more from you, too?

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Here is all you need to know: the available wealth is being increasingly concentrated in the hands of the few. You are a chump because you think that's a good thing, although you presumably aren't anywhere near being one of the few. Class warfare... LOL. Why do the conservatives on Sludge throw that phrase around like it's going to make us start backtracking?

You are a chump and the wealthy laugh at you for defending their right to pick your pocket.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Hames Jetfield wrote:Somewhere a Dokken CD needs remastering.
Yeah, been meaning to get around to Back For The Attack. Got too much official work to do. Hopefully I'll have time sometime in the next couple of weeks to get to it.

later...Cliffy
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Cliffenstein wrote:
Hames Jetfield wrote:Somewhere a Dokken CD needs remastering.
Yeah, been meaning to get around to Back For The Attack. Got too much official work to do. Hopefully I'll have time sometime in the next couple of weeks to get to it.

later...Cliffy

Back For The Attack doesn't need remastering. That one sounds great as it is. Tooth And Nail needs remastering (or remixing more like it).
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Ugmo wrote:Here is all you need to know: the available wealth is being increasingly concentrated in the hands of the few. You are a chump because you think that's a good thing, although you presumably aren't anywhere near being one of the few. Class warfare... LOL. Why do the conservatives on Sludge throw that phrase around like it's going to make us start backtracking?

You are a chump and the wealthy laugh at you for defending their right to pick your pocket.
No, see...while you're busy lookin' around being bitter at anyone who has more than you, you don't realize that your envy doesn't get you anything, nor does it take you anywhere. I'm not driven by money or possessions at all, but I don't think it's my business if someone else is. Someone's big circumstance doesn't change my opinion of my own.

But do keep on believin' those liberal lies, there, bucko. They'll really take you places!

(No they won't.)
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Cliffenstein wrote:No, see...while you're busy lookin' around being bitter at anyone who has more than you, you don't realize that your envy doesn't get you anything, nor does it take you anywhere. I'm not driven by money or possessions at all, but I don't think it's my business if someone else is. Someone's big circumstance doesn't change my opinion of my own.

But do keep on believin' those liberal lies, there, bucko. They'll really take you places!

(No they won't.)
I'm not bitter about anything. I live in a country in which the wealth is distributed much more evenly than in the U.S., so I have no reason to feel like the deck is stacked against me.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Ugmo wrote:I'm not bitter about anything.
Then why do your posts seem so angry and bitter?
Ugmo wrote:I live in a country in which the wealth is distributed much more evenly than in the U.S., so I have no reason to feel like the deck is stacked against me.
There's no stacked deck here, dude...there's plenty of people born into poverty who grow up to be rich.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Cliffenstein wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Jesus, the dude who told us to give to the poor until we ran out of stuff?
That'd be the one.
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:I don't recall him getting worked up over the polesmokers but he rarely had a kind word for the rich and the greedy.
Homosexual acts are condemned in many places throughout the Bible.
But not by Jesus.
Cliffenstein wrote:The thing with Jesus and giving to the poor that you libs always miss is that giving to the poor is something we are to do because of charitable hearts. You won't find anywhere in the Bible anyone telling the followers of Christ to push government coerced redistribution of wealth. The reason you libs always miss this is because you don't read the Bible in the first place. You guys run down the Bible every chance you get, but as soon as you think you can use it to win some political argument you trot out something you heard somewhere that you think is in the Bible, but having never read it, you don't realize that your remarks are totally off base.
Then don't ask for a government based in Christian values, otherwise shut your piehole and render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. The thing with pseudoconservatives like you is you don't read the Bible. You let some guy in a pulpit tell you what it means. Read it yourself and you'll be shocked by how much a long haired hippie liberal the King of Kings is. I know I was.
ImageImage