Where's the liberal outrage?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Where's the liberal outrage?

Post by Nevermind »

Barack Obama is going to attend the commencement ceremony at Kalamazoo Central High School in Michigan, and he plans to shake the hand of every graduating senior.
But in order to shake hands with the president you will have to provide the following information to the Secret Service.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/ind ... t_eac.html

1. Full Name
2. Birthdate
3. Social Security Number
4. Citizenship status

So, where are the calls for a boycott of Obama's appearance at this high school? He is requiring more of those high school students than the evil Arizona immigration law requires of people in this country illegally. Where are all of the liberals who came out with those "where are your papers" shit after Arizona passed its law? Oh, and as long as we're asking about citizenship status..........
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Re: Where's the liberal outrage?

Post by thejuggernaut »

You were doing fine until the self Godwination.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

It's like you can't contain your retardation. You go along making some decent points that just might have some people thinking "he brings up some interesting points" and then you throw in the remark about citizenship. It's like your inner dolt refuses to be held back.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

tin00can wrote:It's like you can't contain your retardation. You go along making some decent points that just might have some people thinking "he brings up some interesting points" and then you throw in the remark about citizenship. It's like your inner dolt refuses to be held back.
Sorry you didn't get the joke. I thought all the periods at the end of the sentence would clue you liberals in, but I guess not.
It was a joke. Keep up.
Now, where's the liberal outrage?
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Nevermind wrote:
tin00can wrote:It's like you can't contain your retardation. You go along making some decent points that just might have some people thinking "he brings up some interesting points" and then you throw in the remark about citizenship. It's like your inner dolt refuses to be held back.
Sorry you didn't get the joke. I thought all the periods at the end of the sentence would clue you liberals in, but I guess not.
It was a joke. Keep up.
Now, where's the liberal outrage?

Yeah, I'm sure it was a joke. There would be no reason why you wouldn't be serious about something like that.

As for "us" liberals...are you really sure I'm a liberal, or do you just assume anyone who doesn't agree with your water-tight logic has to be a lefty? Oh yeah, I forgot to add ...

Finally, as for where my outrage is...try reading your post again and imagining it not being in a whiny tone of voice. It's impossible. Any outrage I may have built up was dashed by the butt-hurtedness of your post. If Obama doing this gets you all riled up, I'm in favor of it.
vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by vanitybinge »

They could probably get all that info from the main office.

Why am I outraged again?
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Where's the outrage? It drowned in the tidal wave of menses, tears and bile you just unleashed.
ImageImage
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Where's the outrage? It drowned in the tidal wave of menses, tears and bile you just unleashed.
I don't blame you for not wanting to have to justify your feigned outrage over the Arizona illegal invader law (the federal law) as evidenced by your failure to respond to a single part of my post.
SmokeyRamone
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by SmokeyRamone »

not really condoning it, but I get it, it would be a major embarrassment if a photo were to circulate of Obama shaking hands with an illegal immigrant, not as bad as if, say, he had a relative that had been living in the US illegally for years, but it could still make him look bad
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

SmokeyRamone wrote:not really condoning it, but I get it, it would be a major embarrassment if a photo were to circulate of Obama shaking hands with an illegal immigrant, not as bad as if, say, he had a relative that had been living in the US illegally for years, but it could still make him look bad
You mean someone like Obama's Aunt who was ordered deported around 6 years ago? By the way, just this week, she was granted asylum.
I guess it's all in who you know, or in this case, who you're related to.
SmokeyRamone
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by SmokeyRamone »

oops, I forgot to add /sarcasm to the end of my post, but yes, that was what I was referring to, I'm no liberal, but while I do find it strange that they have to show proof of citizenship, it doesn't really bother me much for some reason
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

Just as Smokey said. With it being such an emotive topic at the moment, then Obama shaking hands with an illegal immigrant would give the press a field day and plenty more riding shotgun on the outrage bus. Plus a few more War Board threads.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Nevermind wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Where's the outrage? It drowned in the tidal wave of menses, tears and bile you just unleashed.
I don't blame you for not wanting to have to justify your feigned outrage over the Arizona illegal invader law (the federal law) as evidenced by your failure to respond to a single part of my post.
Why should I repeat myself due to your inbred inability to understand my previous statements about the AZ law. Also, I didn't see anything suggesting they were going to arrest or deport anyone. It does not require proof of citizenship, asswipe, just their current status. They would need to know the citizenship of a foreign exchange student or immigrant parent to conduct a proper background check. You wouldn't want the president to be assassinated, of course.
SmokeyRamone wrote:not really condoning it, but I get it, it would be a major embarrassment if a photo were to circulate of Obama shaking hands with an illegal immigrant, not as bad as if, say, he had a relative that had been living in the US illegally for years, but it could still make him look bad
Ahhh, that's quite subtle, like wearing a pimp costume to a baptism.
Why should he be embarrassed? Does he have more power over to whom he is related and their personal actions than the rest of us? This is the sort of lame crap I expect from roxxtar or nevermind. Seeing that you wrote this drivel is heartbreaking, like discovering Mr. T doesn't pity fools.
ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Nevermind wrote:
You mean someone like Obama's Aunt who was ordered deported around 6 years ago? By the way, just this week, she was granted asylum.
I guess it's all in who you know, or in this case, who you're related to.

I know! It's unheard of for politicians to do something like this, isn't it?

Why not get outraged over shit that really matters? There are plenty of things Obama is doing that are worthy of scorn, and yet you bring up penny-ante shit like that.