Tea Party of Racists

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Tea Party of Racists

Post by Crazy Levi »

I think it's hilarious that there are people here who maintain the Teabaggers are anything but a collection of whiny, disgruntled, old white racists. At least 90% would be my guess, with the rest just being idiots. At least the racists have an ethos.

Tea Bag hero of the week Rand Paul is a racist. Though his minders are scrambling to provide evidence that he doesn't support repealing the 1964 Civil Rights Act, his words suggest otherwise.

According to Mr. Paul, it's wrong to tell restaurant owners they can't keep black people out.

The Tea Party - trying to turn our nation back to 1950 one moron at a time.

Interviewed by the editorial board of the Louisville Courier-Journal in April, Paul explained his views at length. “I like the Civil Rights Act in the sense that it ended discrimination in all public domains, and I’m all in favor of that.... I don’t like the idea of telling private business owners -- I abhor racism -- I think it’s a bad business decision to ever exclude anybody from your restaurant. But at the same time I do believe in private ownership. But I think there should be absolutely no discrimination on anything that gets any public funding and that’s most of what the Civil Rights Act was about to my mind.”

Paul is just another in a long line of recent right-wing morons who look great on paper but embarrass themselves once thrust onto the national stage (Palin, Joe the fucking plumber, paul). It seems they'll never run out of these people, and the radicalization of the Republican party just continues to gain steam. They'll be finished before long if this keeps up.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Re: Tea Party of Racists

Post by JakeYonkel »

So the guy doesn't like the government telling private business how to run its... business. You read racism in that, I read libertarianism.

NOBODY believe it would be OK or would ever fly to put a "Whites Only" sign on a storefront. Impossible.

But you know, there ARE subtle ways that establishments tend to keep blacks out - ever hear of bars/clubs with no boots/jerseys type apparel policies? Who do you think that largely targets?

It doesn't have to be written in stone to do the trick.

And really, saying Joe the Plumber looked good on paper until thrust into the national spotlight is ridiculous, whether those were your words or whoever you quoted this from. The guy was a nobody with 15 minutes of fame.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

A business may be private, but if it's open to the public, that means ALL the public. Rand Paul is a complete idiot to suggest that kind of shit in 2010.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

JakeYonkel wrote:So the guy doesn't like the government telling private business how to run its... business. You read racism in that, I read libertarianism.

NOBODY believe it would be OK or would ever fly to put a "Whites Only" sign on a storefront. Impossible.

Huh? Mr. Paul obviously believes that it's OK to put a "whites Only" sign in front of a storefront. He doesn't want the gov't telling private business how to run its...business. He said so!!!

"I abhor racism -- I think it’s a bad business decision to ever exclude anybody from your restaurant. But at the same time I do believe in private ownership"

And hey Yonkel...care to explain THIS shit?!

On Wednesday, he told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow that he's not in favor of "discrimination in any form," but his comments seemed to suggest he would not support having the federal government force a business owner to follow the Civil Rights Act.

When Maddow asked him point-blank whether he thought private businesses should be able to refuse service to black customers, Paul said he did.

"Does the owner of the restaurant own his restaurant or does the government own his restaurant?" he asked Maddow.

So there you go. He abhors racisim, yet he thinks it's ok for you to put "whites only" signs on your restuarant, as long it's privately owned. Even though he abhors racism.

Rand Paul sounds like he's running for Senate in Alabama in 1960. He's a racist idiot, just like all the Teabaggers.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

OK, if he said that then it's indefensible. I understand in principle the idea behind it but I don't understand how anybody thinks that's OK.

However suggesting Tea Partiers are just a bunch of racists is a joke and you know it.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

JakeYonkel wrote:OK, if he said that then it's indefensible. I understand in principle the idea behind it but I don't understand how anybody thinks that's OK.

However suggesting Tea Partiers are just a bunch of racists is a joke and you know it.
Sorry. Everything I've seen suggests that indeed MOST Tea Partiers are racist. I don't think that's a joke. But if you have any reason to feel otherwise, more power to you. We'll have to disagree on that one.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Crazy Levi wrote:I think it's hilarious that there are people here who maintain the Teabaggers are anything but a collection of whiny, disgruntled, old white racists. At least 90% would be my guess, with the rest just being idiots. At least the racists have an ethos.

Tea Bag hero of the week Rand Paul is a racist. Though his minders are scrambling to provide evidence that he doesn't support repealing the 1964 Civil Rights Act, his words suggest otherwise.

According to Mr. Paul, it's wrong to tell restaurant owners they can't keep black people out.

The Tea Party - trying to turn our nation back to 1950 one moron at a time.

Interviewed by the editorial board of the Louisville Courier-Journal in April, Paul explained his views at length. “I like the Civil Rights Act in the sense that it ended discrimination in all public domains, and I’m all in favor of that.... I don’t like the idea of telling private business owners -- I abhor racism -- I think it’s a bad business decision to ever exclude anybody from your restaurant. But at the same time I do believe in private ownership. But I think there should be absolutely no discrimination on anything that gets any public funding and that’s most of what the Civil Rights Act was about to my mind.”

Paul is just another in a long line of recent right-wing morons who look great on paper but embarrass themselves once thrust onto the national stage (Palin, Joe the fucking plumber, paul). It seems they'll never run out of these people, and the radicalization of the Republican party just continues to gain steam. They'll be finished before long if this keeps up.
Should be legal for a doctor to walk away from a dying man on the street that he could help? The answer would be Yes, but it would be morally reprehensible. The fact is you simply aren't going to find businesses who want to turn away customers because they are black, white, Hispanic or otherwise, not so much because it is against the law, but because again, it would be morally reprehensible. Sure there will be limited exceptions. You might find a black barber shop that simply doesn't want to serve white customers, for instance, but we in the US look upon all people, citizens or visitors, as being as being equal under our laws.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

There was a little debate a while back about a B&B refusing service to a gay couple. Incredibly, there were some who believe what Rand Paul does, that because it is a private business they should be allowed (or not allowed) to serve whomever they please. That's a very provinicial 50s attitude and not appropriate for public service in 2010. It's also cool to point out that Strom Thurmond was still a Democrat when he filibustered the Civil Rights Act in 1957, and he served over half a century.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:There was a little debate a while back about a B&B refusing service to a gay couple. Incredibly, there were some who believe what Rand Paul does, that because it is a private business they should be allowed (or not allowed) to serve whomever they please. That's a very provinicial 50s attitude and not appropriate for public service in 2010. It's also cool to point out that Strom Thurmond was still a Democrat when he filibustered the Civil Rights Act in 1957, and he served over half a century.

Let's talk the 1964 civil rights act for a second.

Lyndon Johnson ran for president in 1964 against a Republican nominee, Barry Goldwater, who repudiated the Civil Rights Act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tacJtYPHKiE

(For the record, both items Sen. Goldwater objected to were later upheld by the Supreme court.)

In a lot of ways it defines the birth of the "Modern Republican and Democratic Parties" to me. The Republicans took over the traditions of the Confederacy and Jim Crow, and the Democrats, became all inclusive, and for lack of a better term, Lincolnesque, since I'm using that metaphor.

I'm also quite aware of the Democrats ugly history on civil rights so there is plenty of shame to spread around.

My 2 cents.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

1964 was also the year that Strom Thurmond switched affiliations. Barry Goldwater was an asshole. That was an ugly time for the old guard and I'm glad there are so few of them left. Unfortunately guys like Rand Paul still are popular; that will take a while to change as well.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

I'm hesitant to paint an entire movement like the Teabaggers as racist. Okay, they're mostly white and possibly wary of those who aren't, but to say that 90 percent of them are racist is grasping I would think.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Ugmo wrote:I'm hesitant to paint an entire movement like the Teabaggers as racist. Okay, they're mostly white and possibly wary of those who aren't, but to say that 90 percent of them are racist is grasping I would think.
would it be fair to say that 90 percent of them are angry white guys?

If so, aren't most angry white guys at least a little bit racist?
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Ugmo wrote:I'm hesitant to paint an entire movement like the Teabaggers as racist. Okay, they're mostly white and possibly wary of those who aren't, but to say that 90 percent of them are racist is grasping I would think.
would it be fair to say that 90 percent of them are angry white guys?

If so, aren't most angry white guys at least a little bit racist?
Not necessarily. I've seen the rallies and it seems like there are plenty of women there, and especially plenty of retirees with way too much time on their hands. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if most of them were scared of the black man, but I don't know that that's what drives them. I don't know how to quantify how many of them are racists either. 90 percent? I think 90 percent of them are idiots, but I don't know that that many of them are racists.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I think Crazy may be exaggerating the point a little bit, but the more I consider it, the more I see it to be true. We certainly had rumblings like this when Clinton was president, but it seems to me they weren't as vehement as they are now. Yes, I'm sure a lot of that is because of the stimulus bills and the health care plan, but it's difficult to believe that some of it isn't just racism. That racism may be the main motivator or it may be secondary, but I think it is definitely there in most of the people in the tea party (most could be anywhere from 50% up).

Throw a few drinks into a lot of these tea party people, and I think you'll hear about the Nigger-In-Chief.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

And there's a bunch of these kind of 'funny' emails in their inboxes:
ImageImage
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Most might, might... not be racist themselves, but they seem quite comfortable having real racists as fellow travelers.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

vlad wrote:
Most might, might... not be racist themselves, but they seem quite comfortable having real racists as fellow travelers.
As long as they stick to the code, it's OK with them.
ImageImage
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

MotleyScrew wrote:They can be taken a little bit more serious as The Tea Party than The KKK. But yeah they are racist. A black man is President now they are all so angry.
And you're retarded.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Yes.

Obama's a Democrat who happens to be black. Or half black. Or whatever.
Chevyman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Chevyman »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:And there's a bunch of these kind of 'funny' emails in their inboxes:

my new bumper sticker :D
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

yep, the people are totally fed up with the government because they're racist.

mkay.
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Chevyman wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:And there's a bunch of these kind of 'funny' emails in their inboxes:

my new bumper sticker :D
and the new gated community you'll be moving to. :lol:
ImageImage
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

There are a lot of racist assholes tied into the tea party movement. It's a shame really. The movement's original message (less government etc) is getting hijacked by the agenda of a bunch of redneck idiots. The "support Arizona's governor" BS is a good example of it. It's just a bunch of uninformed fear mongering. It's really unfortunate that a message that resonates with such a huge portion of the populace is getting buried in scared white bread propaganda.

BTW- What's up y'all. Haven't been around for a while. Doesn't look like things have changed much.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:There are a lot of racist assholes tied into the tea party movement. It's a shame really. The movement's original message (less government etc) is getting hijacked by the agenda of a bunch of redneck idiots. .
Hate to burst your bubble (who am I kidding, I love it), but without the spport of the "redneck idiots" the Tea Party movement would have died in a week.

These people are lifeblood of every single angry white guy movement, and the Tea Party is no different.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Sure. It took the morons that thought Obama was the saviour that was gonna pay all their bills to push him over the top. The tea party wouldn't function without the idiot contingent either. You take the good with the bad to get your guy elected, but the platform has changed from one of less government that resonated with a lot of informed people to one of scared white guy BS that will have rational conservatives that may have otherwise supported it jumping ship. It's nothing to celebrate Levi. Those scared white people are still fully capable of drumming your guy out on his ass. He's doing a fine job of making himself a one term guy anyway. The scary part is that instead of someone with a rational point of view in his place, we could end up with some David Duke kook. How do you think McGovern stayed in power foir so long?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:Sure. It took the morons that thought Obama was the saviour that was gonna pay all their bills to push him over the top. The tea party wouldn't function without the idiot contingent either. You take the good with the bad to get your guy elected, but the platform has changed from one of less government that resonated with a lot of informed people to one of scared white guy BS that will have rational conservatives that may have otherwise supported it jumping ship. It's nothing to celebrate Levi. Those scared white people are still fully capable of drumming your guy out on his ass. He's doing a fine job of making himself a one term guy anyway. The scary part is that instead of someone with a rational point of view in his place, we could end up with some David Duke kook. How do you think McGovern stayed in power foir so long?
He's back, baby!!!
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

MotleyScrew wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
bane wrote:There are a lot of racist assholes tied into the tea party movement. It's a shame really. The movement's original message (less government etc) is getting hijacked by the agenda of a bunch of redneck idiots. .
Hate to burst your bubble (who am I kidding, I love it), but without the spport of the "redneck idiots" the Tea Party movement would have died in a week.

These people are lifeblood of every single angry white guy movement, and the Tea Party is no different.
Yep.
If you polled the tea party people on what they thought of Condi, Powell, and Thomas what do you think they would say? My guess is the word "nigger" wouldn't come up.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

tylamonroe wrote:
If you polled the tea party people on what they thought of Condi, Powell, and Thomas what do you think they would say? My guess is the word "nigger" wouldn't come up.
In a poll? Of course not. In private conversation...
ImageImage
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

Wow. No racism or pre judgement anwhere in the 2 posts above me is there?

Keep it superior gang! You've earned it!
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

MotleyScrew wrote:
tylamonroe wrote:Wow. No racism or pre judgement anwhere in the 2 posts above me is there?

Keep it superior gang! You've earned it!
I'm not the one who wants to make it ok for private businesses to turn down service to people due to race, religion, sexual orientation etc.., like Rand Paul and the teabaggers.
No, you just want to call black conservatives uncle toms because they aren't acting black enough for you. You know, out drinking grape kool aid, shooting dice and stealing hubcaps while swinging from Obamas nutsack and talking how a black man can't get a chance.

Thats much better.