Charlie "None of your damn business" Rangel charged

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

VinnieKulick
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Charlie "None of your damn business" Rangel charged

Post by VinnieKulick »

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/rep_ ... SBLghC6DZL

How can you violate ethics when you've shown you have none?
ImageImage
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Re: Charlie "None of your damn business" Rangel charged

Post by thejuggernaut »

Come on, he's doing nothing worse than any of the rest of them do.

I actually feel bad for the guy; the timing is FAR too convenient. It's hot on the heels of NBP dismissal by Holder and Co. and the claims of racial favoritism.

It also seems like a bit of a bait - hang the colored guy out there so the Republican yappers will go after it as an election ploy, thus allowing the Democrats to strongly imply there's a racial element to it while their talking heads talk about Neo Nazis, the Klan and what not.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

thejuggernaut wrote:Come on, he's doing nothing worse than any of the rest of them do.

I actually feel bad for the guy; the timing is FAR too convenient. It's hot on the heels of NBP dismissal by Holder and Co. and the claims of racial favoritism.

It also seems like a bit of a bait - hang the colored guy out there so the Republican yappers will go after it as an election ploy, thus allowing the Democrats to strongly imply there's a racial element to it while their talking heads talk about Neo Nazis, the Klan and what not.

Interesting theory. I'm not being sarcastic, but I wonder how true that is. I'm sure there are levels of game-playing in politics that we just can't grasp.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

tin00can wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:Come on, he's doing nothing worse than any of the rest of them do.

Interesting theory. I'm not being sarcastic, but I wonder how true that is. I'm sure there are levels of game-playing in politics that we just can't grasp.
A little Sun Tzu, a dash of Machiavelli with a healthy dose PR knowledge and most of it becomes somewhat transparent.

When you have characters like Rahm Emmanuel and Karl Rove more or less running point on the "tactical" front, know there's layers beneath the layers.

Sherrod was just the first.

I wouldn't be surprised if they back/lead a strike vs Iran and/or "catch" Bin Laden, in some order, before November and just before 2012.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

bin Laden was supposed to be caught in 2008, 2006, and 2004.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

tin00can wrote:bin Laden was supposed to be caught in 2008, 2006, and 2004.
I know.

However, HC's tough talk combined with Biden's shock the world/we have a real trick up our sleeves thing was interesting.

Not saying it's gonna happen, but with Bush, it was the left (more or less) pulling things out of their arses because they think Republicans are the only ones who are willing to fabricate things to win elections.

The Obamacats really need a serious "win" on the national security/boogeyman front; the "Russian spies" just weren't solid enough to generate anything more than "the chick is hot" coverage.